Repeat after me HANZOS ARROWS ARE

From Geoff Goodman he states

"Despite the memes to the contrary, Hanzo’s arrows aren’t actually all that big. They are tied for the smallest projectile in the game with a couple other things, sich as Genji’s shurikens.

For example, Mercy and D.Va pilot weapons are 2.5x bigger than Hanzo arrows."

I cannot link the quote so i copied pasted. If you want to find it advance search "tied for smallest projectile by geoff.

3 Likes

Except the length of log is twice the size of other projectile
Hit by tip or mid or end it’ll count as hs more about player being unlucky and not like hanzo players actully aim
Much more bull crap than junk random nade

9 Likes

Incidentally, Hanzo has a much higher headshot percentage than McCree or Soldier.

If the insinuation is that Hanzo doesn’t get headshots often.

5 Likes

Maybe bc its an arrow? Thats why the “length” is longer than say a shuriken?

Most 76 mains are garbage and do not aim for the head. The few of us that are decent do not ask for no spread because we are already playing the game with no spread.

1 Like

Are you happy now???

Also to the people that are saying that Hanzo’s arrows are long and thus you can be hit anywhere along the arrow, there is literally zero proof that projectiles work this way at all! Most games projectiles don’t work anything like this so I don’t understand why they would assume it does in Overwatch.

10 Likes

Can I note the fact that I said GENJIS SHURKENS ARE SMALL
for the love of god XDDD

But no… They are Hanzo arrow sized. They are massive. Lul.

actually hanzo arrows arent that big.
as well as genjis shruikens

Just had a <500 match where the in-game, server-side, dynamic-difficulty-adjustment (18 patents) couldn’t decide whether the lvl 27 console-assist ĦăŅźÕ was shooting toothpicks, 2x6s, tree trunks, or entire telephone poles.

It really depended how his team was doing.

So apparently if you dodge the tip but get headshot by any other part say tail does that mean that hanzo player aim for it ?
Or its player fault that he didn’t had ultra instincts to dodge that log?
Certainly 90% of time it’s unlucky player walking into this bulls*** arrow it’s cancer

Even smallest projectiles in OW are not small in practice. Mercy’s bullets are actually about the size of Zarya’s secondary grenades.

1 Like

hanzo arrows are super slow now, people still complaining about hanzo lmao

2 Likes

It is the smallest projectile in the game, but it is still a projectile with a hitbox in the game.

How small is exactly the “smallest” projectile in the game? And what about the length of the hitbox?

hanzo does have is ult if nothing else… that is a pretty damn fat arrow (defining arrows as something you shoot from a bow)

but yeah that is just the one arrow…
but it is probably the fatest… not that i counts as a projectile though… at least not when its fully deplayed or what ever you call it…

The smallest projectiles in the game are gigantic.

1 Like

The projectiles are quite big.
BUT you also need to keep in mind PLAYER MODELS are quite big as-well.
Its not just projectiles to blame.

Even hitscans are quite forgiving due to the player models.

8 Likes

My only problem with that video is the distance he stands from the targets he’s shooting at.

It might not seem like much- but overwatch actually draws the line for bullets / projectiles from where they actually are coming from on the model, and not necessarily where the center of your “camera” is on the character your playing.

A good way to visualize this would be to pick Zarya, get close to a wall, and fire at it.

Because Zarya is holding her weapon as her hip and has to aim at an angle for where she’s shooting- if you’re up close to something you can see the beam comes at an angle, and if you’re close enough don’t even actually hit where you’re aiming at.

This is the same for things like hanzo.

In the video he’s aiming pretty far off the targets model

But he’s also pretty damn close to the target- and the arrow is literally intersecting the enemy hero trying to get to where he’s aiming, because of where the arrow is actually coming from off hanzo.

If he stood further back and aimed the same distance off the enemy model, many of the shots thatre hitting up close would miss from afar.

NOT that hanzos projectiles are “small” in my eyes. Sure they’re the “smallest”, but that’s like being the smallest giant. You’re still a giant- and theyre pretty forgiving.

But I digress

Context is always fun to keep in mind.

actually i read that only the middle of the arrow is the actual projectile. the tip and end of the arrow counts as nothing and is only visual.

the arrows are really quite small compared to other projectiles, if hanzo shoots logs then mercys shots are the size of a car.
its really not the size but the high damage that is the problem.

1 Like

They still have this stupid mechanic where they can kill you from the side, meaning if Hanzo misses you you can walk into the arrow from the side and still die