Rendering device lost. With rtx 2070

Started playing OW again for the new comp system and now in the middle of every game i get rendering device lost. Did a little research and have seen a lot of rtx users having the same issue, is their any clear fix? Nothing is over heating, nothing is OC, and i only have this issue with OW.

I’ve had this problem occur once in PTR. It also seemed very random, the hardware seemed to be working properly.

Guess ill just uninstall for good this time.

The message “Your rendering device has been lost.” is Overwatch’s unique error message of when your graphics card shuts down during Overwatch’s operation. There are wide variety of causes behind this. First if you use a NVidia RTX 20X0 series graphics card, there is an ongoing issue that can result in this error. Thankfully there is a workaround solution available until they can completely fix this problem.

If you do NOT own a RTX graphics card, DO NOT attempt to use the workaround solution listed above, instead please follow these standard troubleshooting steps:

If these steps do not work and you need more assistance please post a DxDiag file so we can learn more about your specific computer setup.

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save.
  5. Open the file in Windows Notepad, then press Ctrl+A to select all text, then Ctrl+C to copy all text to the clipboard.
  6. Start a new reply, and type two sets of four squiggly lines and then place the cursor in between and press Ctrl+V to paste the Contents in a code block. Example:

~~~~
Paste your DxDiag File Here
~~~~

All that did was make me have to reinstall the game…

So should it work after?

So I’ve been having this issue with my new RTX 2070 Super, and I just did this fix, I hope that it will solve my issue, I’ll test in a full day tomorrow of OW.

Man, the only solution to this problem is too soft overclock your RTX card or not overclock it at all.

They will make you waste your time by asking about every single thing in the world, and at the end, they’ll ask you to do it all over again and send a ticket directly to Blizzard.

we’ll there is no way Blizzard and Nvidia doesn’t know about this issue. It’s clearly an RTX 20XX series and Overwatch issue. Timthetatman had the same exact issue yesterday and his whole PC (gaming) froze and he had to restart/shutdown to fix.

If you’d like to troubleshoot more because you’re still having issues, the DxDiag report is the next step.

Myself and WyomingMyst are volunteers. If you want to skip troubleshooting on the forums (which are community-based), the ticket system for staff help is available to everyone by clicking Support in the top right corner. :thinking: