"Render Device Lost" Fix for RTX

Never had this issue until building a PC with an RTX 2060. Still occurring despite fixes above.

I have the same card, only the renaming solution works. You can even overclock if you want to, but you must rename the exe.

Does it still work if you pin that shortcut to taskbar?

Yes, i’m using shortcut aswell.

I’ve experienced this issue multiple times already on my new PC. The game freezes, and I can’t do anything, but the audio still runs. I also get an error in a new window that says : Render device lost. I know this probably referring to the graphics card, but both the PC and the game recognize my card, and I haven’t faced any issues with it so far. PLEASE HELP

1 Like

I never understood this fix: if I rename to OverwatchTest.exe and open it, it will dispay the overwatch login screen where it won’t allow to proceed further.
Is it different for you? Does it go directly to the game?
EDIT: Ok I had to enter my email as the user and not the battletag…

I’m really tired of losing SR from this bug.

1 Like

My card is not overclocked and it’s standard factory settings. Just annoying to take a comp ban and SR loss from rendering device is lost. RTX 2080 here.

I’m on a 1060 GTX and had this happening for a while a few months ago. I did the OW Test.exe fix and that was working fine for me - until today. Had the rendering crash happen again. I’m going to try not being in windowed mode at all and see if this helps. I’m afraid of even going into comp with this happening.

This is only for RTX cards. I advise you to open up another thread or contact the support directly with your GTX 1060 issue.

Yea, that is the only downside of this “fix”. You need to enter every time everything and if you have authenticator, then grab the phone every time aswell.

1 Like

I started hate this game please fix it i lost 50 SR every day.

C’mon, guys, you gotta fix this! I actually accidentally broke my system in another way trying to fix this stupid error. I got that fixed, but the rendering device lost crash remains.

1 Like

so oddly enough i have had a rtx 2060 now for a couple of months and it only started happening today multiple times in a row. have always had the current driver from nvidia and my current rig is several years old (intel i5 3570k, z77a motherboard, 16 gb 2333mhz ddr3, samsung 840 evo 500 gb, and a spinning 4 tb wd drive) with no new drivers since ~'15 (honestly my new video card is bottlenecked by the cpu maxes out around ~60% even at 140+ fps waiting on the cpu [but i am waiting for for ryzen 3000 product to upgrade]). i have always used epic settings in 1080p without issues till now?

1 Like

Same this issue started happening after the Nvidia update. I’m on a 1080ti non-oc.

I have been playing without crash for 1-2 weeks now. The newest Nvidia drivers and trough normal launch trough client. Every time I launch windows I use nvidiaProfileInspector and delete overwatch.exe profile from the drivers. 0 crash after that. Tried all other fixes, didn’t work. Using 2080 ti

Starting to get it way more now on EVGA RTX 2080.

msi 2080, add me to the list… :\

Same here, 2080. Ive tried some of the suggested fixes mentioned, nothing has worked. I really hope we can get a fix for this.

I tried this last night and was able to play for a few hours and didn’t encounter the error. This tool does basically the same thing as renaming the exe, but at least you don’t have to login every time you launch the game.