Remove Valkyrie Infinite Ammo, Role Que makes Battle Mercy irrelevant and bannable

Baptiste
Ana
Mercy

all have an ability/ultimate thats a get out of jail card for someone on team/whole team on their team (Ana ult, Mercy Res, Barrier field) when they actually deserved to die.

Even though I hated the Moira buff, she got a buff that only benefit herself. Yet this gets removed, why do people complain about 1 get out of jail card but don’t complain about other ones?

Why can Baptiste save his whole team on a 20 sec CD when he can put it down at the perfect time right as an ult goes off?

Oh but it still is, it’s not an optimal style but, you are still contributing and trying, so that means it is not reportable.

Actually, it isnt. Its not optimal and you are not contributing since you are playing a hero in the support role without healing. Under role lock rules, it is reportable.

Hearing Mercy pop valk and go pew pew pew when you’re playing Widow or Pharah is lowkey the scariest thing in the world, tbh.

Anyways, i like the fluidity of not reloading with Valkyrie up :relaxed:

1 Like

It should never have been a thing. They fact they did that to encourage DPS Mercy is just disgusting and most of the time they feed anyway because people can all just pew pew back at her.

No, it is not, sure, it is not optimal but you are still helping your team, and trying your best. And according to Blizzard… she still has those buffs in 2-2-2 so… Your argument VS Blizzards hunny.

Cant tell if OP is trolling or not but … yeah I think almost all of us can distinguish between a mercy with 0 heals and going full nuts pew pew and a Mercy that takes advantage of Valkyrie to get an elimination/assist when its needed.

The first one is sabotage, the second one is not.

No more nerfs to Mercy, she have already gotten enough.

2 Likes

Of all the times I’ve used Valkyrie and gone after a Widow or Pharah, I’ve probably only died 3 times, out of 40+ hours on Mercy /w valk.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: elo?

I would rather have that fluidity in an ability that is “part of her core gameplay” like Resurrect.

Agreed.

Actually, it is. Its not only suboptimal, but you are not contributing since you are playing a hero in the support role without healing. Under role lock rules, it is reportable.

2500-2600 between season 6 and season 16.

Not according to Blizzard, they made the statement themselves, and who are you to argue with the creators of this game ?

You, me, and everyone on this thread know that this isn’t how role queue works. A support choosing to prioritize dishing out their own damage in some situations – say, when you are enabled by your own ultimate ability – does not mean the support is throwing. It’s their decision to use the abilities granted to their character however they deem fit for winning. You are not going to make the argument, virtually ever, that any Mercy using Valk’s pistol is throwing.

You and I also both know that there are plenty of solid situations where using Valk’s infinite ammo might be what’s best for Mercy to be doing. So I really don’t know why you’re pretending you don’t, other than to try and antagonize Mercy players maybe? Or the 2-2-2 system in general? I really don’t get what you’re arguing here for because like I said, we both know that this isn’t going to be a bannable offense. 2-2-2 hasn’t somehow made it illegal for Mercy to use the tools she’s given.

3 Likes

Ah.

I mean, last season i peaked at 2790, i just usually go between 2600 and 2550, so,

Ok. But only if you DPS can be banned if you can’t aim! fair is fair.

1 Like

The difference between 2600 and 2800 is pretty negligible in this case.

Difference being that a Mercy using her pistol is worse than a DPS if both of them aren’t killing anything, since she’s using a support slot. If someone dies during valk while you’re using the pistol, that’s almost always on you.

According to Blizzard, the developers. You are to assume the responsibilities of your chosen role, If you select support, you are expected to heal. Under 222 role lock rules, playing a support to only dps is a reportable action.

Bud, I don’t know what anyone’s told you but her ult healing is readily out damaged by most (in range) primary fires and with nothing to enhance it you can’t say it’s 100% Mercy’s fault you died while Valk was up. The enemy team being good at shooting is a huge factor into how effective Mercy’s healing really is as her “emergency” button is only available after her healing fails and applies to one person per ~30sec.

In addressing the main topic: Blizz has stated repeatedly that choosing a sub-optimal route and trying to make that work is not a banable offense in their eyes. Reddit Lucio’s, suicide diving Rein’s, DPS Moira, and yes even true Battle Mercy, are not reportable.
With Blizz’s history this stance is unlikely to change once 2/2/2 goes live, and the playerbase will be forced to acknowledge that they literally asked for less input in these scenarios and Blizz delivered what they wanted to a letter. I have no sympathy for the people so insistent on 2/2/2 fixing things that they never considered that even in 2/2/2 you’re depending on 5 strangers (or less/none if you queue with people) to play how you want them to.