Remove Symmetra TP, bring on Personal Shield

Teleporter is useless and making symmetra unable to be good. Actually not so useless, it allows your team to leave spawn faster just by a bit.

Symmetra is a shield buster DPS who should excel at close range the longer she is alive.

Turn her TP into a Personal shield.

Photon Shield

• Cooldown 10 seconds
  • Lasts 10 seconds
  • 100% current HP damage absorbtion cap
  • Reduces all incoming damage except melee attacks by 50%.
  • Generates 5/s shield points while damaging a shield or enemy. (Max shield cap 100 shields (300 HP))
  • Duration and shield regeneration are increased by 1/1.5/2s and 5,7,10 shields per second while attacking shields based on her primary fire charge
  • Cannot be used if got hit recently, same time it takes for shields to regenerate,
  • Headshots ignore the damage reduction
  • Shields will decay over time 10 per second if duration has ended
  • Shields will decay over time 25 per second if shield has capped
  • Shield does not get boosted by secondary fire.

The numbers can be changed, it all depends how it feels in action. But to be honest, a slow hero like Symmetra will be hard to manage to keep the shield at full potential.

I think in a DPS direction, something like this fits her perfectly. Her primary fire is rewarded when used agaisnt shields, like sucking the source from the shields into her own shield, while she will slowly gain some shields to stay in the frontline.

This allows her to remain a close range DPS who will become stronger in sustained fights and weak against quick paced fights. She would be the ideal hero against double shield.

2 Likes

So, we’re going to just ignore the fact that Brigitte got her Armor removed for making DPS characters too durable?

This is shields only for her

1 Like

Did you even read? Nowhere in the post did dey say chivalry is dead.

I mean, nowhere in their post did they say that shields can be given to other allies.

Shields are not opressing like armor. Her shield has many weaknesses. Doesn’t make her opressing, she has no mobility if you remove TP. A sombra EMP will make her useless. Anyone can burst down 200 HP in a few seconds before she gets close to you just to remove her shield. Headshots ignore the damage reduction, whish rewards shooting her in head to break shield faster

i have a feeling they have a shield generator…pls bring back :stuck_out_tongue: even if person shield isnt shield generator

The teleporter can be used for retaking otherwise lost points, and you can also use it to dance around the enemy if they’re close enough. The teleporter isn’t useless. Her right click is useless unless it’s charged.

With no time to either ramp up her beam, or charge her secondary, she does next to no damage. Her uncharged right click needs a slight damage boost, so that it’s more powerful than the beam. You should only use the beam if you feel like you can take the risk to ramp it up.

If you’re out of range, you can charge the right click.

Also, reduce the teleporter cooldown by half when it’s destroyed by Sym. That’s really all she needs.

1 Like

The teleporter has no synergy with her gun. It’s useless for her kit. Turret bombing is just for killing that no awareness person

You can put torbs turret through the teleporter and also dva’s bomb, and several other things. It has functionality.

I wouldn’t necessarily say that, you just proved your own statement wrong in two sentences lol

How? I said synergy with her gun not her turrets. I consider Turret bombing useless cause anyone with a brain won’t fall for that and it’s a waste of resources.

I’m mostly talking about your initial statement:

These are definitely good (or interesting) changes, but you’re over exaggerating your point.

Turret bombing does work, and it’s not like you can’t throw your turrets to a wall and not keep them on the ground.

It has some cool quirks that look fun on paper but it’s not efficient, therefore useless, 99% of the time it is used from spawn to move your team faster. And many switch from symmetra after that.

ppl on these forums need to stop with the “its ____ because I said so!” mentality lol. It’s why the devs didn’t celebrate the AMA on these forums… but, whatever… Not gonna derail this any further.

but in my honest opinion I’d like to see a new hero (or a way to make this into syms kit while keeping TP) bc it sounds like a cool concept

If she is reworked, her tp 100% has to go. It either makes her used in professional for all the wrong reasons, or makes her a throw pick. I’d rather give her the 1.0/2.0 tp instead if she were to have more than 1 ultimate again.

1 Like

So, make her a pseudo tank? Remember how well that went last time? All high sustain dps (Mei, Torb, Doom, Reaper) were OP in 2-2-2 because sustain beats raw damage and were nerfed as a result.

She has no CC, she has no escape abilities if no TP. She is slow and her damage is slow. If you can’t kill a symmetra in 1 vs 1 right now then I would uninstall the game. The shield would give her a chance to duel someone at low charge, besides, you need to hit someone to get shields… Even with these numbers, a Mccree can body shoot you 3 times before you even get close to him, that means you will be naked and ready to die.