Remove role queue

you guys implemented it completely wrong

10 minute queue times for damage role

if you queue another role, you get stuck with DPS who are not playing well you have to play the whole game which is automatically a loss

having 3 different SRs is insanely dumb

forced 2-2-2 every match with no flexibility…

what the hell was blizzard thinking?

73 Likes

queue times depends on what rank and how many people in the rank.

Same with nomatter what you queue you can get stuck with bad tanks and healers. “teamwork” is the key

no 3 seperate SR is very good and should have been from the start

2-2-2 can have alot of flex , only thing you cant have is 3-4-5-6 dps that almost ruined overwatch and comp.

0 good arguements here. just crying

26 Likes

It needs more work. Like a lot more. Before it goes live, not years later.

2 Likes

maybe game is telling u something ;D

8 Likes

Sounds like you should pick up tank or support every now and then. Maybe do something in the Arcade?

1 Like

A lot of people only play this game so they can play DPS. If DPS queues are insanely long, then those people will eventually leave the game. It will kill the game as a whole because everyone from FPS backgrounds won’t want to spend 10 minutes in queue for a game. They’ll simply move onto other games.

Recently, before the update, queue times were either instant or usually less than 2 minutes. Short queue times means that people will spam games. Long queue times mean that players will just abandon the thought of getting a game and do something else with their time.

Currently 8 minutes into DPS queue…

19 Likes

If all the dps players leave for other games… the dps queue will get shorter and your goal of shorter queue times will be achieved. Yeah?

6 Likes

Yeah let’s encourage the playerbase to leave.

25 Likes

I love role Q. Best update they’ve ever done. I don’t mind waiting extra time to play DPS. I can just tab out and watch videos or streamers or mess around on my phone. It’s nice knowing that I get to play the only role I enjoy, but it’s surprising that what’s made things even more enjoyable is having my teammates on their preferred role. Now that I get tanks on my team WHO ACTUALLY PLAY TANK the games are so much better and more consistent. Since people played that role the least my tanks usually had no idea what they were doing. Now I can actually depend on them. It’s wonderful. I’m watching OWL for the first time since dive meta and it’s actually entertaining again.

12 Likes

Role q is nice but wtf is these 3 different SR …its ridiculous

3 Likes

sadly, I expect that the queue time for dps will increase as the interest in the new tanks wanes, and as such, fewer and fewer players queue for tank

the other points stand as well

all very very sad for our game that once had Freedom

8 Likes

if the majority of the customer base leaves, Blizzard will start to cut costs, which means less content, fewer bug fixes, fewer available game servers, etc etc…and then, we’re all impacted

if the game becomes unprofitable, the game dies

4 Likes

in hammonds voice: {sarcasm detected}

I see several good arguments here, and I see no crying.

Further, I am unsure why legitimate complaints need to be referred to using derisive/derogatory terminology

3 Likes

Agree hitstick.

What baffled me a lot is how often people thought they could win not playing 2, 2, 2 into 2, 2, 2.

One of the best changes made since launch, well done Blizzard.

5 Likes

I have won many games playing non 222 into 222, and have seen others do so as well at many tiers of play, including pro-level

I personally see this as the very worst change ever made to the game by far

8 Likes

yes everyone on the forum know its the worst change in your opinion.
sadly for you they wont revert it.
Only thing you can do that have any meaning is prey for a classic ladder where you and likminded can have the freedom to go whatever comp you want. that will not happend either but its still more likely.

1 Like

I’ve played hundreds of hours of this game.

I also have a pretty good understanding of probabilities, and your comments would not align with what the majority of players experience and what is shown in the countless hours of gameplay data that Blizzard has.

I wish Blizzard would post some data and put a nail in the coffin of this discussion.

I know of no valid data to support the claim made in the statement quoted above

I know of two specific circumstances - one of which I have talked about extensively - that would cause them to revert it

I dont know with certainty that either of the two circumstances will occur

but they might

That’d be excellent.

The existing role-less sr is already in place to make this work

at that is required is for Blizzard to be willing to institute it

…however…

I dont think they will due to the growing problem we already have of long queue times. Further splintering the playerbase would increase queuing time for all players

1 Like

the statement that I replied to said - gist, not a quote - that players cant win games on non-222 teams playing into a 222 team

Such non-222 teams have in fact won many such games - in games I have played, and in games I have watched at multiple tiers of play

2 Likes

Blizzard has a mountain of data.

I’d be willing to bet a lot of money on the win rate of 2-2-2 being higher than non 2-2-2, would you?

1 Like