Remove reflex from game!

The difference is near not existent

What does reflex even do?

minimalize input latency.

it actually is quite existent and not as small as you think

Hardware difference is always a factor and always will be. Can’t optimize the game for people which want to play on their toaster. If you want equal hardware, play on console.

That’s correct which is why the entire level playing field argument is erroneous. I’ve had this discussion before

This is also why we should support Mouse and keyboard on console

We should also support true ultra widescreen.

doom disagrees!!!

also no one WANTS to play on a weak PC but not everyone can afford it to do otherwise. you make it sound like people purposefully buy a low spec instead if not having a choice in the first place.

also incredibly wrong. consoles are not equal in specs esp with multiple editions. clearly your gaming knowledge is incredibly limited if not non existent

2 Likes

Is it really that good? I have it set to off.

ok so i see the flame here and I need to clarify few things … Mr(or Mrs) Alexa is toxic and no need to answer to him … but … just FYI … $600 is pocket money for me … so … leave your inteligent replys for anoter person … and … My PC and setup is really not low budget, but as I mention before (many times) … when u CANT buy something what only few choosens ones has … it is an unfair advantage to has setting for this. If u dont understand this … maybe just stand up and sit again … :))) No sry … but this is soooo obvious and simple to understand … I just say remove reflex since GPU market stabilize and Cryptomaniacs finally let GPUs alone :smiley: :smiley: Until then … nobody can has new GPU at normal conditions … :confused: :smiley: (and for the last … MACROS are cheating too for me … like no-recoil macros etc.) … Macros are for WOW etc but in OW should not EXIST I think … :slight_smile:

1 Like

digress on the ultrawide.

16x9 is the standard aspect ratio considered for maximum horizontal fov.

Ultrawide monitor adopters are extremely slim, and the benefits would really be a massive 31% on top of the standard horizontal fov. This would mean that it’d be the “anti-flanker” monitor, lol.

KB/M on console would mean that people are destroyed, but the people who want to use KBM get a XIM already and benefit from aim assist plus the mouse/keyboard precision. So I say, why not? Make them play only against KB/M inputs tho.

according to the ads I get, it is…though like if you have basically have it hardcoded into your head when to click already…you are going to miss a good number of shots while you adapt

1 Like

I have to ask this…

What card are you using now?

Because the nVidia Reflex works on cards from the 900 series and newer. So… Unless you have an ancient graphics card you should be fine unless you haven’t updated your drivers yet. In that case I would make the change and join the elite.

People have made the same claims with the monitor refresh differences aka 60hz vs 100/144/200/240, etc etc.

The whole point of those changes were to reduce input lag. As is with the Reflex. If you aren’t using it, then that’s a you problem.

As I said, if you have a 900 series graphic card or higher (For example 980, 1080, 1680, 2080, 3080) then you are good to go! Update and enable the feature!

I’m using a cheaper MSI 1660 card with the reflex. My older system with a 980 also can run reflex, but to be honest I haven’t turned that box on since last year and haven’t updated it yet. lol

1 Like

nn as far as i know the Reflex works only on RTX 30* cards … they promise that it will work on older cards, but it is not working now … so … only RTX cards of 30 series works … and … in my country and I think is not only they r unreachable … just saying … for now i have 1080Ti because I want to upgrade to whole new PC … but … as i wrote … i must wait until cards will be in stock :frowning:

False.

I have it on my 1660 and it works perfectly fine.

It is supported on all cards 900 series and up. But you need to update the drivers for them to have the feature and enable it.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/reflex-low-latency-platform/

The NVIDIA Reflex SDK supports GPUs all the way back to 2014’s GeForce GTX 900 Series products. The Low Latency Boost mode is supported on all GPUs, however, GeForce RTX 30 Series GPUs will maintain a slightly higher clock rate to further reduce latency.

What that means, is the 30 series card will be a bit better, but ALL those cards support the feature.

30 series cards are better by design anyway as they are newer. But that doesn’t change the fact that you can use the feature on the cards listed.

There is a lot of info there.

2 Likes

Mhh no. Can’t get behind this…
Do we lock framerates to whatever the minimum spec gpu can output?

1 Like

Usually you want to match your monitor refresh with your fps. If your monitor can do 144hz, then you should cap your game to 144fps. You will work the card less.

Mine is a gsync monitor at 144, so the game and the system auto maintain that FPS when possible. However this system is not powerful enough to maintain 144fps constantly, so mine tends to vary less than that.

My older more powerful system would maintain 144fps rock solid on the same monitor with a higher render%. And has an older video card.

Card cost matters, as does CPU, memory, etc. This system is a smaller computer and can game, but not as well as my previous one.

that’s*

I honestly don’t know what reflex is. I assume it reduces input lag, but ping is a much larger issue than that.

You can read about it here.

And yeah, net latency (combination of ping and other factors) will mess up your day in the game if it gets too high.

Speak for yourself - or maybe don’t complain at all if you’re gonna do it based on misinformation. This feature is working perfectly fine on my GTX 960, as it’s supposed to.

1 Like

I don’t fully agree to that one because in my opinion this is a bit different because it is not purely positive and can heavily decrease the enjoyment you have while giving the enemy an advantage

60hz vs 140hz is a pure advantage, if you are playing on the highest lvl where this difference will matter you don’t get any drawbacks from using 144hz

With widescreen on the other hand the game looks terrible (at least for some people), but it still gives people an advantage. So in some games where this difference is important people on the highest lvl are forced to look at an ugly game to have an even playing field

Thats why I personally still think it is a difference, hope you understand what I mean