Reinstating mass rez would actually be a huge nerf

Please stop suggesting this. LOS mass res would be utterly useless because it would require the teammates who died to all be in LOS of EACH OTHER. Even Lucio is given nearly a 3 second window +cast time for his teammates to actively find him and get hit by the wave. Dead teammates don’t move, so they aren’t going to help you there.

The devs think it’s acceptable but we as players don’t think so. It’s keeping her as a strong pick and without buffing the other main healers they will never be picked.

Moira is supposed to be the best AOE main support group healer.

Mercy does that better with Valkyrie.

Ana is supposed to be the go to burst healer with good utility.

Mercy does that better with her AOE Damage Boost in Valkyrie and her Resurrect as E and has better mobility so she would be picked more.

What needs to be done is Mercy needs to go back to being the strongest SINGLE TARGET healer. Mercy doesn’t need to be an AOE healer.

She needs Valkyrie on E and she needs Resurrect as an ultimate where it belongs. We have hit a dead end on this rework because we can’t nerf anything more without making the hero even MORE unfun to play.

5 Likes

it is fcking cancer but at the same time it would really counter Grav Dragon combo. still dont want that sht back tho

If you failed at something, you kind of need to fix it. It’s not our fault they messed up. In fact, many Mercy mains warned Blizzard beforehand. You also can’t use the reason “Well, we already spent this time and money, so we’re going with it no matter what, even if it’s not the best choice.” Things need to be done the right way.

5 Likes

convenient how you never mentioned any hero revert that they made, especially when they explicitly said they would never do it. No, mass rez is not coming back, it’s time for everyone to accept that.

You say that Blizzard never goes back on anything, but…

Blizzard is partially reverting Sombra’s rework after the community complained about the problematic parts.

they’re still on ptr… you’re comparing apples to oranges, they also never said they wouldn’t revert sombra changes nor that we should give the notion a rest. Something they explicitly said about mercy. Because they don’t wanna touch rez anymore.

Also lol, they still didn’t revert the things us sombra mains wanted them to revert which is contestability and faster speed while invis.

Is this the post you’re referencing?

Because Jeff didn’t mention rez even once. He just said “no revert”.

Giving Mercy a reworked Mass Rez on Q and a different E ability isn’t a revert.

It’s another rework.

2 Likes

…i mean it’s like talking into the void rn. Sure, it’ll happen! best of luck lol

The feeling is mutual, my friend. Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Then allow me to list reverts they HAVE made:

• Lucio’s wall ride speed. Frog bois cried for about a week or so before it was changed back.
  • Zen’s ability to Discord through shields and barriers, as well as Ana’s grenade healing and damage. It was this very change that led them to the claim that they don’t want to swing balance to wildly.
  • Sombra’s current PTR transolcator changes? Maybe they are listening this time.

It’s time for you to accept that Mercy’s current state is NOT acceptable, and that Mercy was never a must-pick before the failed rework.

3 Likes

she was actually pretty garbage before the invincibility buff…they could just make her take less damage when resing and let you be able to cancel her res with CC for example, just like any other ult? idk…that’s just my suggestion if we’re talking about mass res…i’d still rather they buff Ana tho and make her viable. :shrug:

Bringing it back with a nerf to the range and addition of a LoS check, both of which people were begging for instead of a rework.

That opinion is subjective though I think mercy is fine from my perspective she’s always been a boring character so the transition from mass res to valk didn’t change much

It’s amazing how many problems a “revert” (or rework that brings her back to where she was, whatever you want to call it) would solve in the game as a whole, but Blizzard is too stubborn to admit they done messed up with Mercy’s rework since the beginning. Even with invulnerability during res she was still not picked in most comps, and basically absent from every high level tournament ever. People like EeveeA, Animetic and Little Menace were outliers for playing Mercy in elos above Master, where she was basically never picked. Look at where we are now, lol.

I wonder if people who say that mass res made her a must pick even played the game before Valkyrie was a thing. People on PLAT asked you to change to Ana if you picked Mercy - she was THAT bad. Mercy was basically the troll pick of healers, if you were in an elo where people start to know how to aim. I know this for a fact, because I main Mercy since season 3, and my most played season was last before the rework. I heard a loooooot of sh*t back then for my hero pick.

3 Likes

If you played Mercy, you would definitely notice a difference. And my point was more that just because you put money into something doesn’t mean it’s a good thing to implement. I am currently also dealing with this issue where I work, so I’m finding all of this to be incredibly frustrating.

I have played both iterations of mercy there wasn’t too big of a difference your still saving people it just depends on when you save them

Have you played old mercy? Or has the nostalgia gotten to you

I’ve been playing since beta. And nostalgia is what would be associated with that, so your second question shouldn’t be an “or.”

I’ve played both, and her playstyle HAS changed. And I find the reworked version to be boring.

Both versions of mercy were boring imo doesn’t mean I didnt play them me personally mass res was a boring op ult sure I used it and fought against it it was still boring at the end of the day valk was op because you couldn’t kill mercy herself and instant res was op valk is literally just flying base form mercy you really cant say valk is boring and then say you had fun playing mercy

I stand by that the hide and seek Mercy rez tactic purely became a thing only because of the super easy SR gain healers got after the complaints (and rightly so) of healers getting screwed in previous seasons. A couple of ults and boom 30+sr and with all the issues people have with ranking its no surprise it was abused.

All they needed to do was add LoS and voila, Mercy was fixed but nope, shes gone through the ringer and hasnt quite gotten off yet haha.

Her current iteration is Blizz’s fault for creating a situation of ult abuse.

2 Likes