Reinstating mass rez would actually be a huge nerf

On the contrary… Mass Rez counters ult dumps, but it was absolute dung at dealing with staggered deaths.

Mass Rez Mercy was not a good pick if the enemy had dive heroes on the enemy team. Their method of dismantling the enemy quickly was more than old Mercy could handle, and the flankers could harrass her so she couldn’t get rez in the first place.

2 Likes

But that’s what started all the old arguments as well, you want to just add to the argument and expect me not to continue? Lol fair enough that you don’t know me :woman_shrugging: :joy: kidding, but I think this proves that these old arguments were never settled… they never were in my eyes anyways, as I imagine it is for many others who liked old Mercy. The fact of it is that we don’t like rezzing someone who will immediately die after, just like you don’t like ulting someone who will be rezzed. The Mercy solution used to be git gud track ults, it was kind of news to me that we were allowed to be outraged at our hard work being undone. I just saw it as the nature of the game.

Is the community ready for dive? I am and if revering mercy put’s her in a “balanced” state then I’d deal with it. But at the same time. Mass Rez was a nightmare. Far worst then any other ult in The history of overwatch? (opinion)

Well, we now have anti-dive measures in place to counter it.

Mass-rez Mercy centric comps are vulnerable to dive

Anti-dive comps replace Mercy with Moira/Brigitte/Lucio

So we’d end up with multiple comps: dive, anti-dive, deathball, and the general purpose comp (which Mass Rez Mercy would belong to). Teams would reorganize their entire pick structure to counter the enemy, instead of only swapping out one or two heroes (or worse, just doing a mirror comp).

I think that kind of rapid reshuffling would finally make OWL interesting to watch.

1 Like

There is no way to settle the arguments.
Many want Mercy reworked again.
Many want Mercy reverted to mass res with tweaks.
Many want resurrect removed all together and replaced with something else.
And many more.

There is no agreement that can be made.
Just loud echo chambers that are self agreeing.

Also no I have no idea who you are…hi I guess.

PS the ult line “Heroes never die” doesn’t really fit with a res mechanic as you have to let them die :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

They should just make mercy a dps. Let’s see what happens. Lol. (Joking)

1 Like

I figured. I was just mocking the forum moderator lol

1 Like

They made their opinion on the revert, give it a rest

Please look at this earlier post.

devs are very clear about the rez, they like it as it is rn. They will either not touch it or completely remove it, it’s either or. Most likely they’ll keep it and nerf her healing considering she’s the only main healer that doesn’t have to reload can heal through small walls and can heal through barrier d.matrix.

That is NOT a good thing! Part of the charm of overwatch is that it can be enjoyed by serious competitive players that have spent years playing FPS games, or casual newcomers who have never touched an FPS game before, and everyone in between. This does NOT need to become a solely tryhard competitive scene, that would be bad for the game honestly.
Overwatch needs low skill heroes that are still effective. Get over it.

I’m just gonna point at Mercy’s lock-on beams and passive regen here.

Mercy has always been easy to play in low elo (especially when Mercy 1.0 countered reckless play like dumping all your ults in one fight), but her mass rez version demanded far more finesse from the player the higher they climbed. Here’s a post that includes pre-rework pick rates and does a lot of Mercy mythbusting:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/we-need-to-dispel-some-myths-about-mercy/147357

1 Like

Anything can change.

• They said there’d never be a 1v1, Deathmatch, or CTF mode. Now we have all 3, and two of them had Competitive versions.
  • They once said a core part of Overwatch was hero stacking. Then it was removed from QP and Comp for being too unbalanced.
  • They thought Jet Pack Cat was too silly and outlandish for OW. Then they up and make a freakin’ hamster piloting a mech a new hero.
  • They also said they don’t want to swing balance too wildly in one patch. Almost EVERY single patch has wildly swung balance, usually for worse.

Things change. It’s time to bring back Resurrect as an ultimate. It was able to be stopped, it had counterplay if you were smart and strategized a little. Having SOMETHING available to stop GravDragons gives THAT combo counterplay as well.

8 Likes

Some reason peopel think shes balance. 6 straight season the most OVERALL played character. And most viable character. And the most easiest character to play.

But hey, its everyone that’s bias. Because i sure love a diverse support meta not Mercywatch. Sick of seeing Zen too.

I really hope so. But I don’t think it will happen under Jeff’s watch

Please stop suggesting this. LOS mass res would be utterly useless because it would require the teammates who died to all be in LOS of EACH OTHER. Even Lucio is given nearly a 3 second window +cast time for his teammates to actively find him and get hit by the wave. Dead teammates don’t move, so they aren’t going to help you there.

The devs think it’s acceptable but we as players don’t think so. It’s keeping her as a strong pick and without buffing the other main healers they will never be picked.

Moira is supposed to be the best AOE main support group healer.

Mercy does that better with Valkyrie.

Ana is supposed to be the go to burst healer with good utility.

Mercy does that better with her AOE Damage Boost in Valkyrie and her Resurrect as E and has better mobility so she would be picked more.

What needs to be done is Mercy needs to go back to being the strongest SINGLE TARGET healer. Mercy doesn’t need to be an AOE healer.

She needs Valkyrie on E and she needs Resurrect as an ultimate where it belongs. We have hit a dead end on this rework because we can’t nerf anything more without making the hero even MORE unfun to play.

5 Likes

it is fcking cancer but at the same time it would really counter Grav Dragon combo. still dont want that sht back tho

If you failed at something, you kind of need to fix it. It’s not our fault they messed up. In fact, many Mercy mains warned Blizzard beforehand. You also can’t use the reason “Well, we already spent this time and money, so we’re going with it no matter what, even if it’s not the best choice.” Things need to be done the right way.

5 Likes

convenient how you never mentioned any hero revert that they made, especially when they explicitly said they would never do it. No, mass rez is not coming back, it’s time for everyone to accept that.