Reinhardt's Earthshatter is so Bugged, Please Fix it! (With Video)

Earth below us
Drifting, falling
Floating weightless
Calling, calling home

Sombra can go hang with them too.

1 Like

At least talking to us would go a GREAT distance.

1 Like

Hey guys, is it April yet?

3 Likes

9 months til april again…

Hey, guise.

GUISE.

Is it April 2018 yet? Or is it still March? Boy, March has felt awfully long!

1 Like

Being a Sombra main i know your suffering. Blizzard is pretty bad at fixing things and even if they do they take an eternity.

You know it’s a problem when they admit they screwed up the code and have to completely rewrite it.

That’s what happens when you keep band-aiding code.

1 Like

We’ve been waiting for more than two years for a fix and all we got was one post each year that a fix is coming next patch… so ye it’s getting rather frustrating at this point.

And what’s your result? 5 months later?

3 Likes

I love it how people thing programming is like magic. Looks guys and gals, in the development world, making a deadline is a rarity. When people tell me April, I assume December. So yeah.

I feel you. Their bug fix department is garbage.

1 Like

That’s a pretty long morning…

2 Likes

It’s a really, really long morning.

4 Likes

The problems were known and reported countless times since overwatch’s release and they said they would fix it “soon” time and time again.

Here are the posts, even from old forums:

If it was just a few months, heck even 6months I would understand, but it’s been more than two years.

The thing is that it’s not just earthshatter, but charge is also bugged, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t, as well as ghost melee swings and random 180degree turns when you let your shield down to firestrike or earthshatter.
At this point there is no excuse.

1 Like

Again not magic, a lot of these things are actually closer to solving a puzzle rather than building a house. Some times you think you got the answer and turns out you were flat out wrong. This is why they said they would basically rebuild him. Whatever they had for April obviously didnt work as expected.

You’re not wrong, but with that in mind, they probably should give us more realistic deadlines. They should know better and know that it’s silly to keep giving us dates and “next patch” announcements that end up not happening.

1 Like

If you can give people realistic deadlines in the development world, you can be an excellent project manager and people would pay tons of cash for that. Giving realistic deadlines is also a rarity. Which is why you communicate as least as possible during any kind development. Which is a practice I despise. I prefer their over communication approach even if they are wrong from time to time.

2 Likes

Then don’t give us dates. And keep giving us updates like “we’re making progress, but it’s taking awhile, clearly.”

They’re developers, they should know that, lol.

I dont know how much project delivery experience you have. But ‘we are making progress’ is the easiest way to get your clients pissed off. Specially if they are end consumers, like we are for OW.

Best approach is to give a goal end date, when you find out you are about to miss the date, communicate. And so on, but thats time consuming. I think if I worked at Blizzard Id have a community manager sanitize their internal status reports for sharing with the community.