Reinhardt meta... as always

did i imply thats what you said?
that said, buff dive how? i haven’t heard that in a while

In a way that tank heroes has a more similar pickrates, and not being insta reported for not picking Rein after the other tank instalock Zarya.

1 Like

so no real solutions, ok

i was interested in hearing about buffing dive, that usually never gets mentioned here

How about giving BarrierTanks less HP, but more Firepower with strong Barriers.

That way they are more fun/autonomous.

They function perfectly well in SingleBarrier.

But with DoubleBarrier, you risk getting runover by high mobility comps, that just get into close range, and walk right past the barriers.

And as an added bonus, DoubleOffTank has advantages with raw HP sizes.

• Orisa/Sigma = 350hp, Stronger barrier, 14% more firepower, Weaker fortify/grasp
  • Rein = 400hp, Stronger barrier, 7% more firepower, 14% more barriered mobility
  • Mei = Tank, 350hp, 100selfheal, 10sec wall
    • So she can’t Peel for DoubleBarrier.
  • Off Tanks and Winston = 1sec less on a cooldown
    :white_check_mark: Fixing BarrierTanks and OffTanks

I have some ideas, like giving ball CC resistant while having shields or increasing Dva HP, or Winston being unkillable while ulting but Im not sure. I’m not a dev

Lots of Dive buffs in this thread. Including blocking the usage of Mei for DoubleBarrier, and making them somewhat weak to two highHP enemies jumping into close range.
Also blocking Mei usage with DoubleBarrier.
And some cooldown reductions for D.va, Winston, and Hammond.
✅ Fixing BarrierTanks and OffTanks

I don’t think that will work tbh

Shield tank would be too stressful, because and error will mean instadeath, remember their hitbox are giant.

I would go for smaller shields and more HP, to protect themself, but less team protection.

Why?, less dps dependence to shields.

That’s what the offtanks, healers, and building walls are for.

And just killing your attackers.

For instance, a full charge Zarya is 190DPS, a self-ulted Orisa would be kicking out 234DPS.

I prefer less dependency on the team. Basically if your healer or offtank is bad, you will feed as a main tank

I feel like you’re ignoring the barrier and firepower changes.

If you consider the barrier at least some portion of their HP.
They’d be more durable than offtanks, with offtank tier firepower.

And all without needing to rely on teammates for that capability. I.e. Self sufficiency

They’d only be more fragile when getting rushed down, or positioning way too far from cover.

They need to nerf his shield health. Think about it he can close the distance to other tanks with his entire team in half the time it takes for his shield to melt, which means he can do it twice over.

Plus his shield is more than sig and orisa’s combined. I still spend all day shooting shields when rein is on the field, at least orisa or sig we have a chance to play.

I’m not saying nuke the shield just drop a couple or a few hundred HP from it so he can’t mobile bunker anymore, force teams to move to cover when sheild gets hammered. You’re not supposed to walk from choke to objective with the shield. it’s sposed to get you into cover of the next buildings which it does that one 4 times over.

1 Like

Moira and brig destroy dive without mei or torb. Dive will never be meta below masters unless brig gets another rework. Idk if i want dive back anyway, i am so tired of nanoblade.

1 Like

What if it was a different kind of Dive?

Like Reaper/Doom, Winston/Hammond, Moira/Zen

People didn’t like playing against too many barriers. Coincidentally Rein is played so much because most players demand the safety of his beefy barrier and the simplicity of playing around him.

Not only that, but barriers also don’t feed ultimates. That is why I prefer smaller shields, just to protect themself, and not the team. Also more room for headshoting the shield tank (and he would need to have more skills to protect himself).

that is a cool comp, but Ball is a bad tank right now.

True, dps heroes has too much freedom behind a shield.

Obviously they will demand a tank that make them shine, over a less team friendly tank as Road or Ball.

Wouldn’t be able to run Mei with DoubleBarrierTank, if Mei is a Tank, that helps Hammond a lot.

My goal isn’t just tank balance, it’s making the entire Tank Role more popular.

So if that means the Tank Role gets more impact. So be it.

Cause the game is dead if queue times stay bad.

DPS whined about double barrier cuz they couldn’t kill anything

Same. but as a tank I prefer to be able to pick 2 off tanks without throwing the game. So, making shield tanks more like a Zarya or current Sigma, would be my phylosophy if I would a dev. In other word, deleting the idea of “main tank”.

But it seems that Blizzard dont have that in mind, so they would just buff dive heroes to stop this old Rein meta.

Well, tbh, I didn’t like spamming shields as D.va, or Hog or Orisa so I cant complain about dps players :sweat_smile:

So if they got an Orisa/Sigma at 350hp each, and you got a D.va/Hog with a speed boost at 600hp and kinda 900hp.

And an amped speedboost with DefenceMatrix is all it takes to get the D.va/Hog into close range.

You can’t see any advantage for the D.va/Roadhog, in the ensuing close range brawl?

1 Like

I whined about double shield as a support main cause i couldn’t play anything! Brig, ana, zen, baptiste. Nope moira lucio mercy only.

1 Like