Reinhardt is the problem

Jodie… No one thinks rein is a problem except for the fact rush isn’t meta D:

1 Like

I agree. I think roadhog is unfun to play against not broken as many people think just unfun.
Similar to sombra or doom but hog is decent enough to be viable unlike those other 2 heros. i am a hog player so im slightly biased

Rush has been the meta under GM since beta. All it is, is different flavors of it. There was no dive or GOATS, just heroes associated with those comps played like rush.

3 Likes

It is not about wanting. It is about what gives you advantage compared to not having one.

it allows you to push without taking hits on top of allowing better angles for aiming.

Exactly why the devs want to lessen the need and impact of barriers in the future.

The enemy will also be lacking a barrier (or double barrier) to hide behind then it will make fights more about outplaying the other team rather than just pushing in a ball behind barriers relying on ults and abilities to win team fights.

I’m a rein/ Winston main so what I’m going to say comes with obvious bias, but I’d like to share my opinion and experience anyways. I dont think shatter is that problematic, to be honest when I’m playing other roles or heroes i rarely feel its effects cause I’m usually not in his effective range to be hit or I just have a movement/ invulnerability move to dodge it. The times where I think shatter gets the most value is against other reins cause rein forces his team to play with him where other tanks dont really do that to the same extent. In this current meta I find more value solo shattering hogs or balls than i do going for almost anything else, unless I’m against a fellow death ball in which case I get to go off. I also think shatter is a powerful tank ult btw but their are other tanks ults that do similar things and are arguably more powerful (zarya grav and sig slam) and shatters uses and power can vary widely from comp to comp. Just my opinion ik a wide variety of the player base will differ and that’s valid.

1 Like

By buffing rein for OW2?

yes but that is not how rl goes.
If the other team picks barrier but you don’t - you lose.

What do you mean?
They are tweaking Rein to play differently. Its more of a change to be more aggressive. More of a brawler type playstyle.
Yes he will still have a barrier. But it wont just be his only quality. That goes for the other tanks as well, and new brawlers that wont have any more barriers.
The reason tanks are not fun is because of tanks like Rein that have to be played like shield bots.
Tweaking them to have other uses other than than just to put up a rectangle all game is healthier for the game. And makes tanks less boring to play.

And I think with OW2 faster gameplay, playing slow and being static will probably be a hinderance not an advantage. Just being a shield bot wont be the best way to play.
It just people that are dead set in this playstyle cant see another way to play the game but just to hide behind barriers all game and slowly walk forward.

1 Like

Hes burning an ENTIRE ULT to do that. For one kill that pre patch he would have no chance of confirming otherwise. Hog SHOULD die to a solo ult because it’s a solo ult. It’s not like rein gets shatter on cool down it takes awhile and if he burns it there he loses out on using it later in a fight.

Thats what happens when only barriers counter abilities or ultimates… Oneshots… Etc etc

Yes, and it works well, unless you get shattered through a wall. Basically, Roadhog pulls enough damage to warrant Reinhardt to choose between focusing him or focusing on Roadhog’s team. That’s the job of Hog as his specific kind of tank (damage tank) is supposed to draw aggro by doing a ton of damage.

You can even exploit this by not focusing Rein at all. Playing behind and killing Rein’s team will have you countering Reinhardt while not even firing a single shot at him.

I would argue this is still good since its your job to soak up that damage. Depending on your second tank, you catching a massive, but planned L will mean Rein can’t shatter your team now. Again, ideally, that’s the role of a tank, but in practice it might just mean the DPS will sweep your team since you’re down a tank. Maybe it depends on the team comp.

The solution there would be either tracking shatter correctly, or taking the shatter and being in view of your supports. Maybe you can even flank, and when you get shattered, have your team rush the enemy since Rein’s displaced now and wasted his shatter on you?

I like to look at it as Rein…possibilities…

:smiling_imp:

FR though, Rein’s my favorite character, and I sorta feel like more tanks should be like him.

The only thing that will change is him holding the whole game hostage instead of just the tanks. With all of his new changes he just got plus the ones we saw in the 5v5 gameplay I don’t know if any other tank will be able to compete with this giant.

The answer is “with bullets”. I’d argue making Rein physically stronger is a good step if he’s going to be a melee focused character that has to contend with people shooting him with infinite range.

Like, what in the world is Reinhardt going to do against a ball or D.va who sits somewhere high and shoots at him? Fire strike? They’ll just move to the side, or D.va will literally eat the fire while shooting at him.

The real issue is Nano and Lamp.

Those 2 ults are so OP in tandem with a tank its just borderline annoying.

They have synergy WITH anything meta lol Hog and Zarya need to have reductions in range. Shorter beam and shorter chain.

As for Rein? He is only crippled by his horrible range. The real issue is your team needs to shoot at his barrier hit up his supports then nuke him. with focus fire and aim it will all take about 20 seconds?

Oh, okay. I see you aren’t going to be able to talk rationally about Lamp.

Ultimates are another problem. If it were up to me id get rid of them altogether or limit them to only a couple uses per match.
Anyhow there will be less ultimates in the game as tanks/brawlers will give out less ult charge and also by there being 1 less hero per team means 1 less ultimate in the field and 1 less hero to farm ult charge.

To me the real problem is that Rein has to be the character which is the easiest to enable to a broken level. OW2 will solve the Rein-Zarya interaction but it will just make Rein-Ana more mandatory and broken.

Like others say that Mercy is the problem with enabling hitscans, Ana is the problem with enabling sustainablity.

1 Like

So whoever team charges their ult first wins the match. gg

1 Like

Why is zarya bad right now