Reinhardt is the problem

Top 500 is all sigma and ball, with a smattering of dva.

So…

He losses a .10 to Hammer swing time. That to date is just a band aid for them breaking his hit registration from like 3 years ago.

No more Steadfast, which to be real, all tanks should have to some degree.

The Earthshatter buff that wasn’t needed, nor does it even work every time.

Then revert the idiotic 400 shield heath he lost in the shield reduction nerf that never needed to happen.

Honestly, besides Steadfast, not much would change.

Eh I’d disagree. Shatter if done correctly can wipe an entire team just with the rein himself. Better than supercharger which relies on your team to be grouped and actually attacking.

1 Like

Any other barrier hero can block shatter pretty reliably if you know your timing

1 Like

Get good?

Also, the mirror match is much more prone to shatter than other tanks. An orisa/sig that knows what their doing (or even a competant Winston/Zarya) can easily deny Shatter if they’re using callouts. In the Rein ditto, all you have to do to force shatter is walk foward and swing into the rein to wait for shield

sidenote: the shatter damage buff is dumb

I know right. Imagine they buffed Deathblossom to do 1000 damage per second, but sometimes when Reaper hits Blossom, it does 0 damage per second. What a great buff right?

This really just isn’t reality. It’s one thing to get to diamond, but have you tried getting coaching/joining a team? I really think you’d benefit from the experience. Rein is pretty weak on a lot of maps.

It’s just dumb. I get better value braindead holding foward and random hitting some DPS with my hammer than actually going for a good shatter nowadays

also, I only play Rein with a friend who plays support (generally Ana or Lucio), so my Rein experience is a little skewed I’m sure

Well, if any other hero had such awful bugs in all their abilities they would be changed immediately.

Its like “does his shield still work?” yup, “then he’s fine”

Even though Charge has hit detection issues, Earthshatter still doesn’t connect like it should, and Hammer Swing still has first hit registry issues.

Naw, shield works, he’s good.

Could be worse.

Zarya gets massive nerfs to the point of being the worst tank outside of Rein/Zarya (exploitable in high ranks) because people can’t resist shooting the funny bubbles

Winston (my other tank main) is just bad with all the heal/armor creep in the game atm

At least Rein has some threat, people just laugh at you for playing monke/russia

I have never seen a take i disagree with more. This may be a rank thing but rush is terrible is every elo past 3700. If there is a rein player most often i will avoid them double shield or hog orisa is just too great.

1 Like

You should be playing some form of rein counter anyway. Double sheild Hog orisa sig hog damage boosted soldier or hanzo a tracer(rein cant peel very well and you cant play rush because mercy is almost a must pick with out current dps atmosphere and bap is the best hero in the game not having them is a henderence.)

Have you tried it since his (completely unnecessary and stupid) shatter buff in the last unbalance patch? You now risk being combo’d to death if you hook him in and didn’t track his ult charge correctly. He shatters, you take the extra damage from the buff, he hits you once while down and once as you get up and you are dead.

I think twice about hooking Rein any time now that is not soon after he already shattered.

Rein… problem!?!

D:

13 Likes

But for real, your argument is completely valid.

Do you think that 5v5 will change how you feel about Reinhardt?

11 Likes

For me it will… He will be even more of a must pick or lose, than he is now. xD

15 Likes

I more worried about Supports and Sym in 5v5.

1 Like

Rein is ok.

Hog is bigger problem.

3 Likes

The issue is people wanting to only play this game hiding behind barriers all match.
Im glad OW2 will try to get the game away from that boring and lifeless playstyle.

5 Likes

I will say it again and again, we wouldnt have needed to get rid of an extra tank if we had more barrier piercing tools in the first place.

Double barrier is definitely a problem but i think it wouldn’t be if we had more tools to discourage just pilling barrier and calling it a day.

Sym used to have a pretty effective tool with her old right click. I love current Sym but right now the only barrier piercing tool that doesnt require hugging enemies (Brig, Winston, etc)
Is Moira’s damage orb and let’s just say its not exactly the most efficient primary DPS tool when two tanks are involved.

Since Sojourn had a railgun of sort i was actually hoping she could have been a part of the solution since she could deal with enemies and their immortality fields from doing a konga line without issues while she charges up her rail by shooting said barriers in the first place.

Perhaps something like flamethrowers or fire/flare weapon that can pierce barriers could help too?

And the concern of the hostage reinhardt is going to get extra worse if you only have 1 tank now because if you dont play the top tier tank people might as well yell at you for it.

Oh yeah and barriers are just gonna come popping back with ease now that Sombra’s hack can only nullify them for like 1 frame now :confused: