Reinhardt is overtuned

That’s fine.

Most players can’t do Dive
And Bunker is boring.

So that leaves Deathball as the primary way to play Overwatch.

2 Likes

Literally every useful DPS is overtuned right now, and they’re only going to buff the weaker ones rather than nerf the strong ones.

7 Likes

I don’t mind it being the primary way. But I don’t think they should have made it both easier to gap close and harder to push him away at the same time. The movement speed buff is overkill, imo.

My tank line up is Sigma, Rein, Hammond, and Roadhog and I’m loving them all.

He has changed indeed, but I don’t think “overtuned” is the right word. Compared to the other tanks, Orisa, Zarya are currently doing fine. Sigma and D.va are in not so good places, doesn’t mean rein should be brought down as well.

1 Like

Well, I think the next step is Dive buffs.

I.e. Something like this Mei change, would go a long way to enabling Dive for high tiers.

✅ Nerf Mei Frost to be a Projectile

1 Like

I personally don’t think D.va is tuned properly on her own merits. Her DM is simply too short now. But that kinda doesn’t really address just how good Reinhardt is right now.

He’d probably be fine if they hadn’t also buffed his move speed while his shield is up.

The problem with reinhardt is the eartnshatter. Basically none except another reinhardt can counter it. I hope they will rimove 1 sec cd from sigma barrier, make me very sad knowing that enemy rain will use ultimate in a few second and i can’t do nothing to protect my team.

Orisa and a well placed Sigma shield can blow it. Plus stuns neutralizes the ULT

Grey your bias is showing.

Shh… shh… it’s fine… Nobody likes Mei except Mei players.

2 Likes

Rein’s not overtuned, he’s just back to the way he was before Goats, except even weaker. You people played with better for several seasons. If you ask me his steadfast buff should be gone, it makes Whole Hog literally instant death unless you’re somehow saved by a stun or that 1% of walls, and anyone who’s mastered Rein knows exactly how to handle stuns/boops and CC. That’s your job after all, you take the hits so your squishies don’t have to.

If anything his new playstyle is embarassing and braindead, who wants to play a giant hammer-swinging crusader who has to hide behind walls for most of the game regening shield after not hardly 5 seconds out in the open or go full aggro to pad the time for their shield? This is utterly disrespectful to him and i’m disgusted Blizz would support a playstyle like this in not just him, but other tanks too. We’re basically all Winston now.

1 Like

He’s definitely playing different than when he was in GOATS. He’s able to be more aggressive now.

I think he’s fine. The real problem is we now don’t have much counterplay for shatter now that shields are so weak there are big openings he can abuse

That’s the problem though, Rein’s supposed to be about balancing defense and offense, but he can hardly defense anymore and that leaves him with mostly offense. The range of scope for Rein play is much smaller. It’s also going to speed up fights, AGAIN.

I find unless they have a lot of shield break, that I while do block less trash damage, I still block quite a lot. I haven’t had much issue defending my team from the important stuff.

I don’t understand why everyone thinks Rein is the best tank now. Maybe it’s a solo queue thing, but in group queue… Orisa can do everything Rein can (outside of ult), but better.

Seriously unless the enemy team is giving you free slams, or you’re playing a control map where swinging his hammer is going to get great value consistently throughout the match, I see no reason to pick him over Orisa.

1 Like

Overtuned compared to what?

Winston? Yeah, but every tank is by that measure.

Overtuned by Orisa standards? Heck no, Orisa is stronger than before.

1 Like

What is this logic? Is there a limit for how many heroes can be complained about at a time? OP wanted to talk about Reinhardt, not other heroes. If they have a problem with Rein, it’s their right to complain about Rein lol. You are more than free to make a thread about any of those other heroes if you want!

You literally have Jeff Kaplan saying that the vast majority can’t really do Dive.
And we just got out of a boring meta that was basically a Bunker meta.

Kinda process of elimination that Deathball is what the game should be centered on.

4 Likes