Reinhardt Ability 180 Flip Glitch + Video Evidence

Bump.

This still happens, and with Brigitte as well.

1 Like

This happens to me infuriatingly often, and ruins so many Earthshatters.

1 Like

I have almost 2 days in the last 2 seasons on rein (10,11) and this never happened to me. If it might relate to mouse setting here is mine: 800 dpi 5 in game sense ohh and 95 fps max on video.

I’ve never had this happen before.

I’ve also gotten this glitch when playing Reinhardt AND Brigitte. It usually happens when I lower my shield, but not all the time. I’m still not sure what triggers it, but I think it may have started around the Hammond (Wrecking Ball) release. It is definitely a very annoying bug, and it often causes me to miss my fire strikes/chain whip.

(Edit):
Looking at the previous post dates, it might not have anything to do with the Hammond update. However, I’ve never experienced this bug until just recently, despite that fact that I play these heroes often.

Ye this bug is back and worse than ever.
It happens so often now it’s not even funny.

1 Like

This happens a lot on Brig since update. A lot of 180s right after using an ability while holding the shield up.

Oh yeah I’m on console for those of you wondering if it’s related to mouse etc. This is definitely something broken in the game.

look this: https:/(delet me and parentheses)/drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RJCxGYwL_YBkc5c2bN2T3A40Pd1iKH3e?usp=sharing

some prediction of when they will fix this bug?

This is the same yes. No idea when they’ll fix it because they haven’t acknowledged the bug yet (AFAIK).

Do not they know where to pack it?
This bug really disturbs me, I’ve lost the ultimate reinhardt in ranking because of him, without even counting the couple of verzas that died atoa because of this bug

The sad thing is that this has been mentioned multiple times on the forums, along with a lot of other rein bugs that have never been addressed or fixed… Such as the charge not pinning, earthshatter not stunning, being damaged through his shield, the extended charge. They’ve all been mentioned, just always ignored.

bump twenty characters (who’s idea was that stupid limitation?)

Bump. (Will continue until recognition from devs)

We need to gather as much video evidence as possible from as many different people as possible. It’s the only way they will even notice this.

my f9 is gonna get a workout

Edit: I wanna re word this. Came off way too hostile which was unnecessary.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the devs are already aware of this. They play the game a lot themselves and I’m sure they’re interested in seeing what eventual bugs are found. It just would be nice if there was maybe more feedback here in the forums?

I really care about this issue since it has such a potentially huge impact on a game. I’ll see if I have any recorded footage of it or I’ll record next time.

Bump.

I’ve come to the conclusion that this random 180 spin happens because of the camera angle switches between “Holding shield mode” view and “Normal hero non-holding shield mode” view. The game doesn’t seem to keep track correctly which way you were facing when it switches back from holding shield mode to normal mode.

It only happens with Reinhardt and Brigitte while using the shield.

i just clipped where it happened to me twice in one day gfycat.((delete me and parentheses)com/gifs/detail/HalfWeeAquaticleech

annnnnd gfycat.(delete me and parentheses)com/gifs/detail/PartialDimpledGlobefish

its happened to me since i got the game in november and some patches have been worse than others but its happening so often to me im afraid to go in comp at all between this and the whole extra second to swing thing

happening to me all the time it make it super hard to pick him at all in fear of this super bug

Added your video to the compilation: