Refusing to Switch

The situation described in the statement I replied to had no mention that intent to play poorly had been established; and ergo, my statement stands

1 Like

There is no “false reporting” reporting category, nor any way to be certain that player x did false report you

1 Like

Abusive chat is what I use. Because they literally told me they were going to false report me, usually with some other toxicity thrown in there. Rofl.

Not really.

Your whole thing is that ‘intent’ isn’t established.

Either the player in question intentionally died 20 times or had an unbelievably bad game. There is nothing posited in the scenario that confirms either point.

If it was intentional the report wasn’t false. You can’t prove this isn’t the case. The claim of ‘false report’ is just as valid as the claim of ‘the player was throwing.’

thats, uhm, well, pretty questionable from my point of view unless there is actual toxicity in the “im gonna report you” statement…but I understand the desire for a “retaliatory strike” in such a case

the whole reporting system is rife with problems, the biggest of which is the enforcement piece

In the statement I replied to, there was no mention of establishing intent

without intent established, a report of this behavior would be a false report

as such, my statement stands

dang the rock beat digital paper again!

here’s 2
iDOTytimgDOTcom/vi/DIRrVvGKtXE/maxresdefaultDOTjpg
c1DOTstaticflickrDOTcom/5/4125/5018499879_04dbdea448_bDOTjpg

Or that one DPS hero

It is entirely possible that the player was intentionally feeding, which would make the report legitimate. You can’t know because it isn’t provided in the situation.

Therefore you can’t claim with certainty that the report is false.

I would like to elaborate that 100% certainty of intent to sabotage is not a reasonable requisite to justify a report. Intent cannot be proven 100%. Whether or not a teleporter was placed too close to an edge or was ‘missed’ could not be proven 100%. Whether or not a mei wall that got a teammate killed was intentional or not cannot be proven 100%. If 100% proof of intent is required then this entire reporting category is redundant.

Possible isnt the same as established

My statement stands

I won’t be replying to this side discussion any further

2 Likes

Jeff said the exact opposite of this.

2 Likes

Not willing to switch is not reportable. Unless the person is begin abusive in chat for you asking them to switch. But, no it’s not reportable it’s literally reason why one trick cannot be reported.

1 Like

This DOT is pure evil

True - I am curious though on this after 2-2-2 goes in.

my name is GIR after all DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM!

1 Like

Really they should just make all the “soft” throws officially reportable.

They already are ‘de-facto’ reportable anyways since there is no consequence for doing so and the bans are enforced, so there is precedent for it.

Would resolve the disconnect between the letter of the law and the will of what appears to be a dominant portion of the community. Just go with the tyranny of the majority ,as the case may be.

How are the bans enforced.

As in, certain one-tricks get report bombed and blizzard bans them.

I don’t understand the support team. The devs have said one trick isn’t bannable. But, support team is enforcing the ban. As their the one you have to contact. :thinking:

There’s literally a sentence that says “refusing to switch is not reportable” in the report section.

I get it, it’s annoying. It’s still flase reporting.
Being bad at the game is not against the rules.

2 Likes