Refusing to Switch

Genuine question.

Can you report players who refuse to switch and end up jeopardizing the entire match for others? I literally cannot express my anger towards these people. I was high platinum at the end of the latest season, but game after game of jerks who wouldn’t switch and couldn’t get a single kill dropped me down almost 600 SR. Seriously, is it not reportable?

It’s that one Genji, or that one Widow, or that one Doomfist. I can’t tell if they’re throwing or genuinely terrible. They refuse to communicate, group up, and flame everyone at the end of the match. I’m so tired of losing…

I’m not trying to complain, but it’s ridiculous. I’m always on the losing side, and no matter what I do to uphold the team (tank and support main), we still end up with a loss because someone refused to adapt.

Does anyone else have this problem?

5 Likes

Some people only know how to play one hero; usually I just try to work around them and win.

10 Likes

Officially, no. Being bad is not against the rules. The system will, allegedly, move them to bronze where they belong.

Honestly, though, if someone is being such a poor team player and is playing so poorly that it’s basically a 5v7, I would report them because they’re actively creating a negative experience for everyone, including the 6 enemies.

Although, if they do flame, like you say, then you have a perfectly valid reason to report which no one can argue with.

6 Likes

jeff has already answered this

yes you can report them and you should.

3 Likes

Jeff also has defended one tricks and said they are not reportable but also has said the game is about flexing and if you’re being countered and don’t flex it is reportable. So Jeff is not a great person to really use in a situation like this

2 Likes

Citation needed.

Citation needed.

3 Likes

No because most of the time you have no idea what you’re talking about and the “bad pick” isn’t remotely the problem.

It’s just easy to scapegoat the Genji / Symmetra / Doomfist etc. instead of owning up to your own shortcomings.

The blame game mentality is what will keep you from climbing.

2 Likes

Can nobody read the ingame reporting system?
No you can’t read the text in the report menu.

3 Likes

SAY IT LOUDER FOR THE ANA AND ZEN MAINS IN THE BACK. - Doomfist main.

3 Likes
15 Likes

Playing poorly is explicitly noted in Blizzard’s official rules as NOT being reportable

If one reports a player because of poor play, one has broken the rules of reporting, filed a false report, and is then liable to be actioned themselves on the basis of false reporting

3 Likes

i never said anything about reporting poorly playing

throwing is reportable, which jeff daddy has already said.

That’s why I don’t bother with comp much until a ban feature is implement and role positioning.

playing poorly is not necessarily throwing.

intent to play poorly must be established for it to be throwing

3 Likes

Not switching isn’t trowing tho.

Throwing is if you willingly hinder your Team from winning a Throwers goal is lossing.

Not swiching but still giving your best at the Hero is not trowing and not reportable even if your team losed because of it Aka the Player still played with the intend to win.

Its a diffrence of intend

2 Likes

there is this cool thing called google search engine.

Using it, you can put in key words , or even entire phrases.

When you are on the forums, or on the you tubes or other public places and somebody says a claim that you want proof of, you can use google and other search engines to do research.

The WWW is just full of information that is at your fingertips. The world is your oyster.

If someone wont switch, the rest of the team can, but usually are just as stubborn so who’s to blame.

if i play hammond and enemy team is playing mei and sombra and I die and feed over and over again, what are my team mates supposed to do?

I googled it. Jeff never said anything like you claimed. If you’re making a claim then it is up to you to provide the evidence. You claim Jeff says refusing to switch is reportable, then link where he says it.

2 Likes

By that logic you’d never get anyone for ‘playing poorly’ because it could never be proven.

Unless match stats were somehow sent with a report and someone had 0 elims and 20 deaths.

Thus, again, if someone is being a burden to their team beyond simply “having a bad game”, that, in my view, deserves a report because they are actively hindering their team’s ability to win.