Refusing to switch is gameplay sabotage yes or no

Tired of these discussions. End of the day, you are going to act like an adult or a child. Adults play by a sense of honor and respect for the social compact. Children need to be reigned in and governed by rules. If you are trying to figure out exactly what you can get away with, that is a really good sign that you are still a child. If you have got a good handle on the notion that you should treat others nicely even if you don’t agree with their choices, Congratulations! you just might be an adult.

I can’t understand that mindset. You know from the start that the game is about swapping to gain advantage then they do just the opposite and wonder why people are upset.
I feel like most one tricks didn’t even try everyone. There’s so many characters.

its 50-50

i mean you see pro’s who only use 1 hero.

then others who only use 1 and get reported.

TBH i support swapping if it helps team (as it is a team game)

It’s not

But people will report you anyway, and you might get banned because Blizzard’s reporting system is somewhat automated, so the inmate’s have free reign over the asylum

1 Like

If you’re being hard countered or not effective then yes one of the blizzard staff who was let go even said this.

I’ve tried all the characters and actively go into qp to give heroes a second shot but bastion and turn are the only ones I’m willing to playing competitively but I mean everyone sees the good awful mess blizzards ignoring called bastion

Blizzard says no but the community hates it

1 Like

No it’s not, they’ve repeatedly said it isn’t and in the report details it says it isn’t.

Bottom line, you’re on the same level as them, you’re not some pro who knows exactly what works. And there are a lot of variables in this game, switching doesn’t necessarily help especially if that person isn’t good on that hero.

1 Like

I guess it isn’t THAT big of a deal (unless your in comp) but I’m sorry, if we are in quickplay (defending) with three DPS two healers and no tank and you frickin go another DPS than I am sorry but thats when I get ticked, especially because I am the one playing healer 90% of the time.

It’s a team based game designed around switching to counter and playing as a team, yet refusing to do either isn’t considered gameplay sabotage.

That should tell you everything you need to know about Blizzard’s stance on what’s reportable and what isn’t.

Circumstantial, If they just want to play their hero and they don’t intend on throwing, leave them alone.

If they’re blatantly being toxic and calling everyone else horrible and that others should swap, then starts throwing, then it’s sabotage.

It’s only sabotage if the person isn’t actively trying to get the win with their hero.

1 Like

It is not really hypocritical of blizzard… I mean it’s hypocritical of your teammates who are most likely to report you for playing Torb or Sym just because they don’t like your character choice no matter your performance, but they won’t report you for anything that’s considered meta at the moment. Like why would you report zarya one trick if she is meta now and she is needed anyways and there is so little players to play tanks.

They say that it’s not against the rules, but behind doors it is, as many people have been banned for one-tricking, there was one guy that got his ban removed 4 times, (after continuously being reported for playing Grandmaster Sym and Torb) but the last time a GM basically said “If you’re being reported this many times, your obviously doing something wrong” and banned him again.

2 Likes

That because blizzard needs to make bastion not so simple and rework him. Torb and bastion are very simplistic. That’s why their in the rework line.

This is what gets me tilted with blizzard. Screen says one thing, customer services say another and developers say something else. Two faced scum.

2 Likes

It isn’t but most players and employes disagree with it.

This is so like buying super mario brothers and refusing to jump because you’d payed for the game and you only like to run, and then have your not jumping ruin the game of 5 more people.

So what if at least two people on the team are against us running double sniper, is that reportable if one of the snipers don’t switch? I was playing lucio and we had 4 dps, snipers are the most selfish players by design because they don’t require teamwork and are always really far away from the combat. I don’t know. Is it reportable in this case?

Unfortunately it can extend to a win or lost

Like honestly some one tricks sucks and it is frustrating having to flex and support their egotistical one trick drama.

Ironically you are in the wrong for trying to compensate their … Genji gameplay by switching off support fill.

Luckily the team were satisfied with me going 3rd dps because I did 50% of the work as Widowmaker and held the enemy back on Luna Horizon

If people get reported for false reasons all the time, and they get consequences all the time… Blizzard can be in actual legal trouble.

See, it is not against TOS to pick a hero and play them. Whether you one-trick them, or whether they are off-meta, does not matter whatsoever. Blizzard has always allowed playing any hero in any composition. They discourage players from one-tricking, but it is not, and likely will never be, against the actual rules.

And if TOS is not broken, then Blizzard has little to no grounds to stand on to action you in their game when the actioned player causes a ruckus.
TOS is a contract that applies both ways. Blizzard can say stuff like “We can ban you for no reason at all lol” in their TOS, but then you, as a customer, can still argue for your money back. And you will get it back, unless Blizzard has good reasons to ban you… at which point they have to come up with proof. And just having reports filed against you means nothing. The reports have to be substantiated.

Lawyers would love these cases as it’s almost always a guaranteed win. Especially cases against big companies.

Which is why Blizzard probably won’t let it get that far where they have to pay money unless they are 100% sure they banned you for the right reasons and have the evidence to back up their actions. They care a lot more about money than the playerbase’s gameplay opinions on one-tricks and off-meta hero picks.

This means that if people get banned for false reasons, Blizzard will probably whitelist them and make sure these people can not longer be automatically actioned.

In turn, I am pretty sure they will have harsh consequences to people who falsely reported these players who one-trick, or play off-meta heroes, for causing that trouble for Blizzard in the first place.

So feel free to report people for whatever. If you falsely report people, it will come back to bite you in the butt, and it will only help prevent the ones you report from being actioned again in the future.

Maybe you will be banned. Maybe they will rig your games so you will lose more than you win. Maybe your reports are blacklisted and no longer contribute. Maybe they reduce the treshold at which YOU get automatically banned.
Who knows. But I hope it will be unpleasant.