Recent stance on one tricks

You know you can tolerate and allow something but not like it, right?

In the post itself he says that he doesn’t encourage it, that they believe it can cause meta issues, that the game is designed with hero swapping in mind which is the exact opposite of what one tricks do. It’s all written clear as day.

From reading that, all evidence points to them saying that they don’t like it or support it. They tolerate it.

I don’t know how you can read all that and then say “no he didn’t say that he doesn’t like it”

1 Like

He is referring to op heros that cause meta issue.

If all heros were balanced, there would be no meta.

He has not said he does not like it. They only said they don’t want to encourage it. Just staying politically correct, is all. But they are okay with it. Many really good players are “one trick”, for again, they place many hours on that hero and get really good with it, and learn to deal with all situations with said hero.

People are just trying to twist his words, to appease their own hate on not being able to control other players to play the heros they themselves want them to play.

This is an incorrect fact. Console can’t have PTR cause they put things there that could potentially break everything (and that wouldn’t pass verification).

Console verification can be done now in literally a day. Other games have updated once a week.

Please stop blaming consoles for the slow updates.

I think you’re a bit confused. I don’t represent anyone but myself and my own opinions, neither of which has any weight towards the development of this game.

What was meta two seasons ago or in goats or when 222 was implemented has nothing to do with what they are talking about, the game remains the same , only and handful of heroes are meta at one time that’s the point. Also playing rein or mercy has never been a “throw” pick like DVA or torb or any other heroes that were actually f tier at points, hands down rein and Mery are most played since the beginning of time for a reason. Maybe Mercy isn’t at the top because Moira has been so good, but then my point moves to her, you can otp Moira and no one will bat an eye.

Also this is not a dev post, it’s MegaLopunny’s post referencing a dev post and I’m just making a opinion and if you can’t handle a difference in opinions then I’m sorry, you’re going to have a rough time in life.

I think that what you’re doing, honestly when it comes to twisting words.

no based on what i know of other developers it’s actually hell to develop and continuously update games for consoles
there’s an indie game which i closely follow the development of… and it took him a couple of months to get things sorted out so he could publish the game on consoles

Well get used to it. Because OW2 is hitting all consoles anyways.

While I have no doubt smaller indie companies could and do have issues with console verification, Blizzard is a AAA-Game publisher with multiple games on all consoles. They don’t get the excuse.

If Fortnight can update weekly, and Smite can push 1 day verification, Blizzard can at least try to do the same.

idk what those guys are doing but jeff himself has said on multiple occasions that the consoles are the reason the updates are so slow maybe just like you said they’re lazy

I think you should re read that…if that’s what you got from it

Because it is a double edged sword, sure you might be amazing at one hero , but if someone takes your main, or is your counter and is amazing too, then you are useless for the team, simple as that.

Good players who so call “one trick” have played many hours and know how to deal with said “counter”. Plus, its a team game. The player has teammates that can also deal with the problem, just like he is dealing with theirs.

Thus, One trick is never a problem, and Blizzard has actually said on more than one occasion, they are okay with it, there is nothing wrong with it and it is not against the rules.

End of.

Just because you play a lot of something doesn’t necessarily make you good. I don’t know why people keep mistaking that.

They also said they don’t encourage it and rather you didn’t because it goes against their design. Written out for you. They tolerate it existing. Don’t like it.

End

1 Like

And this is where you are wrong, if you put YOUR counter on YOUR TEAMS shoulders you are all ready a burden on the team , if someone is countering me, or they are making quick work of my team , I counter them.

It’s called being a good team mate
End of.

1 Like

When someone onetrick, one of these things happen
A. They stomp (rare)
B. they do good, but then the enemy team switches to counter them ,then they proceed to do nothing else for the rest of the game
C. they one trick a character, but they are bad at them (which is what happens most of the time in low ranks)

If a one tricks SR is rising, then they are good. but in lower ranks, you see one tricks that have reached their skill ceiling, and are holding their team back.

Like, J1mb0, I get you have 600 hours on Genji, but your SR has stagnated for the past 6 seasons, it just ain’t working for you.

Also, there are a lot of people who one trick cancerous characters.

Do you realize how silly you sound? A person doesnt get good at something when they put many hours at practice into it?

Then why do the pros do it?

Wrong, its why he has a team with him. This is not 1v1 arena.

Yeah, it’s not a 1v1 arena, but when Your McCree one trick has tried (and failed) to flash bang FtH their Reinhardt then imediatly get killed, its a 5v6.

Also, teams should not have to build around one person. Thats why I dislike Bastion. He either is absolutly terrible, but is unstoppable in lower ranks when his team builds around him.

The power of the team is stronger than the individual, but a fence is only as strong as the weakest link.

Youre missing the point. A good mcree would know how to handle that situation, as they have played many hours in playing that hero thus have learned.

To change means that player is unwilling to face that situation and learn to get better. The ones that do, get good at knowing what to do, when, and how.

Also, its a team game. He has support.

A team is only as strong as it’s weakest link.
Also, while he does have support, all that does is make the team have to carry his weight.

I have 100 hours on genji, yet I am still awful at him. Time does not mean skill. If someone has spent the last 600 hours playing a hero, and has not rose in SR, they are bad.