Reasons to keep the hammond nerf

Part of the trsodn /reason I didn’t mind the spawn grapple nerf was for this. It did affect all ball players but it came with compensation buffs that made it a nerf to stallers but a buff for actual ball players.

This one is just a nerf. Just revert the spawn nerf or reduce it from 5 seconds.

1 Like

Exposed!

4 Likes

Then your leaving him with nothing

3 Likes

3 Likes

If any hp that should be lowered it’s Reinhardt

1 Like

Yeah Lucio can stall just aswell hes slippery.

Tbh I’ve played with it quite a bit and barely noticed it at all. I’m still able to be very effective on Ball. He’s still an amazing tank if you’re good with him.

1 Like

I hope not. Lucio is fine, as all other stalling heroes are. There was no need for the ball nerf imho.

You keep repeating this statement the past week and I keep myself from reponding to it, since I don’t want to sound offending/mean. But if you didn’t feel any difference, that’s because you never used the techs that rely on that. If you are fine playing a 1-trick pony, ok.
But stop assuming that this is the chase for everybody else. Others feel a big impact on their playstyle besides from “spin2win”. Because they have lost their preferred (non-spin) hook options on many map spots due to the change and need to find new map spots with the “remaining kit” for the hook.

btw: they should rename Wrecking Ball, because this change kills that identity. He’s more a wannabe Yo-Yo now. So let’s rename him into Yo-Yo from now on.

2 Likes

Exposed 2 your sequel :sunglasses:

The ones that rage quit after a hack are truly gold

Wrecked yoyo

You’re right in the sense that I’m not aware of any special spots or tech that require 6s or longer of consecutive hooking (aside from hanging from a ceiling above a choke) but it’s still true that I’ve noticed almost zero effect on my gameplay playing him. I’m still disrupting the enemy team like crazy to the point that they’re forced to directly counter me with Sombra/Cass/Hog

1 Like

I’d officially uninstall. The day I see Lucio get a nerf before any other support rn (besides Moira) is the day I declare all balance changes AI generated.

1 Like

It’s an actual scary thing on like 2 maps (King’s Row final point and Eichenwalde bridge), rest of the time, he just spins and you can stop that with almost anything or just shoot him down.

But poor DPS one-tricks were “forced” to pick CC to counter him. Doesn’t matter how if there’s no shield tank against snipers, same DPS immediately cry.

2 Likes

As Ball you have 2 basic Dive strategy options:

A) Dive behind the enemy frontline as much as you can. Pick up healthack in between or make a pitstop at your healer from time to time.

B) Stay near your team and setup a dive into the approaching enemy frontline. Preferred at choke points. There are many spots that have been abused for this, but this is no longer possible.

And his stalling game wasn’t sole spin2win. Swinging around a corner, like a wrecking ball you know…^^ Or between a gate.
Some of these swings are long and have a slow wind up time, which limits you to a single forth and back for a controlled release direction. You don’t even have time to swing a second time forth on some spots. Long range high hooks start slow which causes to increase the “hanging in air” delay so much (physics), that the 6seconds will pass to fast to do any reliable swing with this type of hook placement.

I have had to learn that many of my preferred hook spots are now dead spots.
If this is not the chase for you, you may feel lucky, but sole because you don’t know how it is to give up all the spots and techs.

Heck, I can’t scout on high spots (spinning) for longer than 3-4seconds anymore (which annoys me the most, because it makes a huge difference for game plan/strategy.

Sorry if I do bother you with my problems with the change to much… It’s just that I still find hook spots every day that I have used before and now get wrecked for the attempt to see if it still works.

#################################

And what really upsets me the most is, how this nerf was served by Blizzard. Without any extended tests. The tests are directly on the live quickplay/ranked modes. I repeat, fundamental changes without any extended test nor without giving us any clue why? I mean, we are still in the blind, if this change was due to spin2win, end of game stalling, or newbie QQ. How are we gonna give constructive feedback, if we don’t know the intention to begin with?

2 Likes

The terribly - designed, low skill - high reward Spin 2 Win tactic is rightfully no more because of the latest Hammond change, so that’s enough of a reason to keep it.

Yeah, the hero with the worst range in the game and a C-D tier tank ATM.

Makes sense.

The only individuals promoting Rein nerfs are metal rank players who don’t understand he’s one of the worst tanks in the game ATM.

In what situation is a Lucio realistically clinging to the same wall for more than two seconds?

2 Likes

The fact they nerfed him before Hog is iconic lmao

1 Like

Oh you don’t understand

Lucio can only wall ride up to 6s before touching the ground, if you don’t touch the ground skates stop working

Personally don’t think hog needs nerfs but yeah Hammond needed even less nerfs lul

The concept of nerfing spin2win is good, it’s just annoying how it nerfs other high skill ceiling parts of his kit.

2 Likes