Reaper's spread is completely busted. THIS SHOULDN'T GO LIVE

What Reaper should have gotten was a duckbill, with the ptr spread small targets are going to take roughly a quarter less damage.

The new spread is better if you want to draw flowers on the walls.

7 Likes

Duhhh it forms a target board for which you can go and pick the better tank buster, hanzo, and hit a few bulls eyes

2 Likes

They did. Having RNG is bad for the pro competition. No one wants rely on Luck, what Reaper has.
Even I aimed at the centre of the small target at 3-5m, all bullets went to left. It’s damn a bad luck.

Reaper doesnt have pellets nor projectile. He shots splittered beam. A cone-shaped spotlight.

A bit more work on it, and the spread can design the sharingan.

1 Like

Liess look at what tom power says :joy::joy: there always “very active on the forums and reading our feedback daily”

• Hope you notice the hint of sarcasm :joy::joy:
4 Likes

This sounds like the start of a really cheesy poetry reading.

2 Likes

I don’t have a problem with the circle concept, but it’d be nice if the majority of the pellets were more likely to be in the center as opposed to the edges. The big problem here is the fact that most of your shots end up on the outer ring. If they want to make him more consistent, have most of the pellets end up closer to the center.

I mean, so would a normal curve and that could be more easily adjusted than a bulls eye

The RNG changes would make him godly if they’d just tighten his spread.

Were you standing at that range when you shot?

My first thought when I saw this was you moved back after shooting to give a clearer picture, but a lot of people are saying the range your at makes this stupid, and they have a point.

I see a very big hole in the logic here…

You fired an entire clip, 8 shots, into the wall on PTR and Live and compared them.

PTR’s bullets will all go relatively in the same place, hence why there are no outliers.

HOWEVER, this is NOT the case with Live. You are assuming with Live, that those shots give you more coverage- but it DOESN’T.

Because it’s RANDOMIZED, that means that with the same spread size (as he has on both PTR and Live), that means that each of those 8 shots from the 1 clip fired into the “Live” wall, could have hardly touched the inside. You could’ve had 90% of those pellets go outside of the green crosshair, and only the last 2 shots place any pellets in the middle.

On the left side, your results are predictable and much better at closer ranges (where reaper operates). To change that, would be to tighten his spread so there was less distance between the 3 rings. That’s what that is, it’s his spread.

On the right side, those results are completely random.
Of course given enough shots, you’ll cover a wider array.

But you could’ve not hit someone dead in front of you with that RNG for more than (example) 70 damage, throughout an entire clip at that range. Because it is completely randomized, your shots could go AROUND your target.

For a 1 shot to 1 shot ratio, it’s actually an improvement. But at 6m or higher, he does less consistent damage against SMALL targets (because he’s meant to be a TankBuster), due to his spread size.

On the right side, on “Live”, it only LOOKS like it’s better than PTR. We don’t know where each of the 8 shots went, only what the outcome of ALL 8 went.
Reaper can do over 200 damage in one shot if he lands all headshots. Right?

So his damage and pellet concentration is fine.
But the randomization is not fine.

His 10minute videos aside, Stylosa has a decent video on this (very recently, it has Reaper in the thumbnail if I believe).

If killing someone comes down to RNG (as it does on live), then it takes the skill and reward out of a character.

Also, if you tweak ALL shotguns to be consistent (which they have), then you can later tweak the pellet count, or pellet damage, of each individual shotgun hero.

If it’s randomized, you can’t do that because you won’t have predictable results.

TL;DR
Go read my entire reply, stop being lazy. :stuck_out_tongue:
It looks like the “Live” version is better, until you consider that it’s all 8 shots on either side. The left shot has “dead space” because it’s de-randomized, which isn’t an issue because at close range you’ll do fine. That’s Reaper’s niche.

Further away, on the left side, you’re still great at your job- wait for it-

Killing Tanks.

That’s your job.
Tanks are thicc.

2 Likes

Okay, so you fired it at a wall. Now try it at different ranges vs different sizes heroes and check it’s DPS.

2 Likes

If they reduced his spread on PTR then there would be less of a gap in the spray pattern.

A lot of people seem to have misconceptions about this “extra consistency”

Think of it this way:

You have 2 dice.

One is a standard D20 dice.

The other is a D6, where all sides of the dice read 7

Which would you rather have?

Sure the D6 is going to be far, far more consistent than the d20.

But id rather have that D20

Sure the D20 can roll lower.

But on average? Itll roll higher

This is EXACTLY what is going on with reapers spread changes.

Its more consistent. But its consistently worse

Yes luck on live sometimes means youll miss a few extra pellets- but in practice the more random spread means you usually land more than the ptrs “consistent” spread.

The only thing it does is ensure you consistently miss more pellets.

And this isnt theory crafting- this is verifiable.

Go test hin on live, then test him on the PTR. From even as far as 5 meters away, YOU DO LESS DAMAGE

The only range where this is a “buff”, is a very, VERY narrow gap between there- because any closer than that and the spread pattern doesnt matter mich anyways

This is a nerf as is to reapers damage at most ranges for him.

5 Likes

The only way to word the situation ^^^

3 Likes

when i said i wanted less rng in his gun i didn’t mean this. this is so stupid

3 Likes

Also forgot to point it out, but are you a DnD nerd?

isnt the whole spread are required to makes up for the “dead zone”. It just got more stable, that’s all, what’s the problem ?

The guns shoot 20 pellets.

1 in the middle.

7 in the first ring

12 in the outer ring.

This means when you shoot, only 1 pellet will go where you aim with a massive deadzone. This has more dead zones.

1 Like