Reaper's spread is completely busted. THIS SHOULDN'T GO LIVE

You got basically dead-zones now with Reaper’s spread:

I decided to find a spot to shoot from to compare the PTR and Lives spread and saw immediately the issues, the spread isn’t a spread at all. There’s three spots shots can occupy: center, inner circle, and outer circle. The new spread keeps them so tight most of your shot it wasted on the outer circle. I fired 36 shots at the wall and screenshot it to show what I mean. Completely busted and broken.

37 Likes

Don’t worry, it won’t go live. Blizz listens to you guys.

17 Likes

Haha funny joke dude lolol

31 Likes

Oh wow. That’s quite significant. Out of curiousity, how many shots did you fire to get those patterns?

A clip, it took a clip

What does it look like when you’re closer to the wall?

No one is using Reaper at that distance.

2 Likes

No, keep it. Reaper has been trash tier for some time now. This is going to significantly improve his performance. Consistency is what he needs

1 Like

One shot enough.
The rings are designed for RNG, it goes well but for fixed spread it’s terrible.

I mean…this isn’t very far. It’s about what, 5m?

Look at any of the test. This makes him consistently worse.

It now takes more shots to kill people than before

16 Likes

The example is firing the shots from around 10-15 metres away. At close range you’ll find MORE connecting shots. You don’t play Reaper at this range unless you’ve played Overwatch for 20 minutes

3 Likes

Wow that spread really should be looked at.

I’m not a fan of the current version, but this one isn’t much better. The clear circular patterns will cause more problems.

This should be posted in the PTR feedback forum for better attention.

6 Likes

I really don’t know how this is supposed to fix him at all.

When I heard less random I expected clusters I could deal with like "you gotta shoot a little up and to the left on the right gun and vice versa on the left. . Not a bullseye.

I’m at a loss as to why this would be more desirable. Can someone explain even in an ideal world why I’d want rings?

1 Like

He’s still worse even at 5m ranges. Test it or look at the other tests and you’ll find that the new spread is worse than the old

Because the pattern is rings and are good for RNG like in the Live Pic. That’s how look without RNG. I think the Devs overlooked it after the strong reduction of RNG.

So what do y’all think should be done about this? Full stop keep live version? Or do a toned back 25%ish version?

Apologies but… I’m aware of what is happening, I’m just wondering why they think this is better. There is no situation in which I would be shooting my guns and wanting my pellets to evenly be spread out over rings instead of the more evenly spread out glob they used to make. It just makes it more likely to miss more pellets from the outside and even middle ring .

I say change what the actual pattern its spreading from instead of keeping the old bullseye starting points.

Change the pattern?
Roadhog has kind of hexagon instead of rings but it pulled more in the centre.

If the pattern stays, yeah 25% … just testing.

Like Roadhog? I assume it doesnt work for Hitscan …

working as intended