Reaper NEEDS help (he's been F tier too long!) šŸ‘ŗ

ppl dont play reaper tho lmao his pickrate is low af

That what (s)he wrote: "Also Reaper was never the least played hero, and never will be. "
And I just answered that. I know his pick rate isnā€™t high.

Iā€™m not sure if that would be enough though, sure you could give him passive 15% speed boost like tracer and genji because he is a flanker but that wouldnā€™t solve his main issues, I mean it could work and is kinda needed to catch people who are running away but I few other buffs are needed imo

1 Like

I mean, he had most of that with anaā€™s ult firmly in his @$s, and that was only enough to make him an off meta pick. The speed and damage reduction alone made his spread matter less, and his wraith form work, as well as making his ult actually powerful .

We already got the wraith form buff, and while Iā€™d like the dr and speed, consistency is what Iā€™d really want for him. It gives a semblance of it, but not at a regular rate. Honestly if you tightened his spread significantly you could afford to lower his damage output and itā€™d lower his usage in lower tiers who couldnā€™t aim as well with him.

Thatā€™s how it should work in theory.

Why is that even a factor. I thought you guys need heals
sees the countless hate threads for mercy nerfs
Oh ok, bye.

winrate matters too. If he has a lower winrate in bronze then heā€™s more popular in lower ranks but sucks a lot.

There is just one problem though with using pick rates when saying a hero is in a bad spot.

Reliability of use.

Most heroes get picked on and off, but Reaper is rather situational and I think thatā€™s his biggest problem.

Heā€™s a tank buster, but his kit is all over the place almost as if ā€˜tank busterā€™ was an after thought or what they started with and then got carried away in design.

Heā€™s picked when dive tanks are being overly pushy in your back lines during fights, especially Winston.

His first ability; Wraith Form is a disengage/mobility move for when you need to put a little speed on or disengage for healing.

His second ability; Shadow Step is a mobility meant for flanking, but as you said, itā€™s extremely risky unless thereā€™s a battle going on so theyā€™ll miss him moving to position.

His footsteps are loud enough you couldnā€™t really call him a flanker as heā€™s the least stealthiest flanker Iā€™ve ever seen.

His Hellfire Shotguns feel like you need to be extremely precise in order to actually hit anything most of the time. Though in some cases you could be a few inches off where you should have missed and suddenly youā€™ve killed that Tracer with a headshot somehow.

His Ultimate doesnā€™t do so great unless you have a Nanoboost which boosts his damage quite a bit. I mean, it does 510 damage. The most that will kill is Winston, Zarya, and Rein (if heā€™s got no shield up), I wouldnā€™t call that tank busting. Thatā€™s more like Squishy Zone Clearing.

I almost wonder if they should give him back his grenade launchers tbh. Heā€™s got no alt-fire at the moment.

But yeah, donā€™t rely on pick rates, because many heroes are situational. The only reason other heroes are seen as ā€˜betterā€™ is because thereā€™s more situations they fit into with each ranks current group of metas.