Reaper is apparently underpowered

i always wonder is there such a massive diffrence to him on pc compared to console cause on ps4 he rips tanks apart. when i play hammond him and mei are legit the two things i try to avoid at all costs.

i will say this his teleport is pathetic too slow and easily killed in it

What? Reaper shreds every tank. I play tanks. And I dread reapers and bastions. If tanks counter your reaper. You just suck

1 Like

Caritou mate, maybe reaper is viable in low plat where you’re at, but he’s trash at diamond+
Coming from an ex reaper main

1 Like

And Bastion. Nice tank-sized hitbox.

Can we just make a rule that golds srent allowed to discuss reaper? There literally just holding reaper back at this point

1 Like

Okay, why can’t gold players provide input on reapers state in the game? Blizzard takes more data from the higher levels than lower levels anyways so saying completely muting any players opinion on reaper cause they are in the average rank is a very dumb.

He’s not supposed to counter tanks like you think.

Reaper’s in a bit of an identity crisis. His primary says “anti tank” but the rest of his kit says “flanker”.

Can we make a rule that players aren’t allowed to rank shame? They’re literally just holding the entire community back at this point.

So petty

1 Like

Exactly… and making him “anti-tank” would really mean “anti-everyone” because he’d just be in the back lines killing off everyone in the team who isn’t a tank first.

Pretty much.

He just needs a complete overhaul/rework.

Because literally almost every single time a thread is made to get reaper buffs some gold walts in and calls him overpowered or in a fine spot when he clearly IS NOT. Look at OWL and high tiers hes barley ever seen and its been like this since season 2. If blizzard keeps listening to low tier players like this characters like torb sym reaper and bastion are gonna remain trash because golds cant adapt or counter.

2 Likes

That some heavily flawed logic since they get their data from high ranks, that is exactly why Torbjion is getting worked on since reaper isn’t doing the Worst out of everyone, he even has better winrates and picks than soldier up until Grand masters.

They are literally going bottom of the barrel or the oppressive meta heroes from the higher ranks to address problems, so if reaper was literally the worst hero in the game (Yeah someone has said it) Then reaper are going to look into it. Being gold still doesn’t stop you from having ideas or concerns about his state since they are in the area where you either start adapting more or fall behind.

And torb, supposedly bastion, and sym are getting changes that increase their skill ceilings so how are golds keeping them trash? These are the heroes with the lowest pickrates so Blizzard are addressing them and rightfully so since reaper Will need a change to his abilities and reworks take time since nobody wants another mercy situation.

Not quite. I’ve seen plenty of Reaper that gets utilized really well and are pretty darn scary to go up against. It’s just that Reaper is powerful in the right hands. Or poorly performs for someone who doesn’t know how to use him, like myself.

He’s far from being underpowered.

This is a false assumption, I’ve seen pros play him, so he’s fine.

#buffsombra

1 Like

or you can do
m1 or m2 + hook + walk forward + aim for head + m1 + melee
just incase you miss headshots

I wouldn’t say he isn’t underpowered but he ain’t as weak when you play around him and play characters that compliments his type of play, then there are the cases if he is getting countered too much by someone that he needs to swap since a competent enemy team would deploy tactics and heroes to deal with him, which is perfectly fine.

I am fine with them changing his primary fire, shadow step, death blossom; however, at this point, I am extremely fond of his passive and wraith. So I do not really want a rework myself. Just a fixed spread (or spread reduction), ss buff and a QOL improvement to death blossom would suffice, if you ask me. Or just a new ultimate. Actually, the more I am thinking about it, that would literally be a complete overhaul or rework…

I am just scared of losing my wraith. It took us 2 years to get the cancel and movement speed. I do not want to go back to square one, fam!

only low ranked players think reapers fine and thats extremely evident by the posters in this thread

1 Like

He needs a bit more lifesteal for both main attack and ult. His lifesteal isn’t even noticeable.

1 Like

Tanks are really strong in this game, you can’t stay lose to them without having similar sustain, because in damage output they match dps heroes.