Reaper is apparently underpowered

There are heroes that do those jobs much better than him, that’s the point. Reaper is my 2nd most played hero after McCree and i just left him since last year and the arrival of the rework on d.va long time ago because there’s no reason to pick him. D. Va has been a better Reaper for almost a year and that was completely broken, really a TANK that do the job of the TANKBUSTER better.

2 Likes

or you know you could just like… wraith form…

1 Like

avoid hook or if he doesn’t get the headshot fire back to gain health and if you need to wraith back if you cant win, plus reaper counters Roadhog. Again theres a difference between being bad at a hero and them being a bad hero

1 Like

There’s only ONE Tank that doesn’t counter Reaper to much of an extent…

7 Likes

Another episode of “I don’t read posts other than the title” this week’s special guest: caritou!

So OP, first question: What inspired you to make this lazy post?

2 Likes

I personally don’t think Reaper is in too bad of a spot. I was just saying what most people say about Roadhog having the ability to counter the hero that counters him.

I made the post if anything you’re this weeks guest

well all I have to say to those people is they are probably bad at reaper if road keeps killing them. you can avoid the hook and he’s screwed

nobody ever said he’s supposed to counter tanks, that’s just an assumption perpetuated over and over. and i think it’s not true. (his achievements also suggest that, you can’t solo kill 3 tanks with one clip for example)

if you think about it, reaper is good at sneaking behind enemy lines, quickly kill something and get out again.

what can you not kill quickly? tanks. they have a large hp pool, they have armor, they have barriers, and they are almost exclusively most effective at short range, like reaper. so attacking tanks as reaper shouldn’t be the first priority, heroes like junkrat pharah hanzo and soldier do that way better.

no imho reaper is supposed to be a flanker dropping in from behind killing two squishies and getting out there, he plays more like sombra or tracer. and he’s most effective when he surprises people.

Dude your entire post is

“Reaper isn’t bad, you’re just bad at Reaper”

Amazing argument, 10/10, changed my entire life’s perspective.

Also you play around 2500 on XBL, that is literally Reaper’s best spot on all platforms in all ranks.

3 Likes

yes reaper is a flanker who kills squishies but he also counters tanks if he gets closed. do you know how quickly Zarya falls?

reaper isn’t bad. He is in a really good spot right now. And I know you weren’t talking about me, but I’ve read these post’s. It’s basically people claiming reaper is sh!t because he’s countered by heroes that should counter him, “oh, we can’t do anything against widow” that’s right, you can’t, because you aren’t supposed to.

1 Like

yeah zarya, the only tank he’s effective against because she has no armor and only 400 hp

congratz you found the one tank he’s good against

and btw if she has full charge and bubble cd ready she melts him before he kills her too

3 Likes

Thanks for making a real argument.

Reaper isn’t in a rlly good spot though. He’s been pretty niche for 9 seasons.

Other heroes can tankbust just as well as Reaper, and still do other jobs too. That’s the issue

are you sure? on my gold smurf at 2000 he’s even better and im sure its worse in lower ranks because people dont bother to look behind

For a ‘tank buster’, Reaper’s abysmal.

You’ll be hard pressed to win those engagements, no matter the DPS.

With Reaper requiring a minimum of 3 shots to secure a kill? Don’t make me laugh.

1 Like

So you play Reaper in his literal best 2 places in the entire game.

And you come on here saying he’s perfectly fine?

Get out

3 Likes

He isn’t perfect currently, but he’s leaning clearly towards positive when you compare him to heroes like mccree. And as I’m sure someone has already said, reaper isn’t really there to do alot of jobs, but some jobs that he is really good at. Currently, the only changes I’d do to him is remove his tp voiceline, and make it just half a second faster. After that, he should be given more heroes to counter, or make him better at countering the current tanks.

1 Like

its gonna take 3 shots depending on the range

wow you are getting so salty just because I dont agree with you. Now you’re just insulting me here:

I’m not salty I’m sarcastic.

And you don’t even make a point in this entire thread. You don’t explain anything, you just act smarter than everyone

3 Likes

Since it’s release, Overwatch has changed. It’s now ruled by mobility and/or CC. Reaper has none of these things. I don’t think he is necessarily underpowered, he is just a victim of the circumstances.

2 Likes