Reaper event skin revealed

As of right now we do not have enough information to actually form ourselves a picture. Maybe he is only hunting down people who were responsible for the big boom in Overwatch HQ where he and Jack supposedly died.

Sorry if bits of this don’t make sense I’m definitely not on top of the lore anymore since its so spread out.

1 Like

We don’t know who exactly is being hunt down by Reaper.

In Ana’s comic he says: “they left me to become this thing” and also: “they left me to suffer”.
Maybe he is only hunting “them”?

3 Likes

If they do this in a way it looks logical, then ok.
But i doubt since we already know he killed many people. He probably has a “joker” situation where his life went terrible for various reasons…
People think he is dead, everyone forgot about him since Morrison was the main leader of overwatch, his family already replaced him and moira’s experiments on him are making this more painful for him… so i doubt there’s any way they’ll make a redemption arc for reaper now.
Maybe in the future, but without an origin story it’s not possible

3 Likes

I’m so excited for tomorrow, after all this years finally the time of reckoning is here :ghost::partying_face::heart::sunglasses:

P.s maybe but just maybe he will have his normal voice with this skin? :eyes:

1 Like

Nah i don’t think so.

If they can’t add his normal voice to his soldier: 24 skin then it won’t happen to this skin.

Besides he will most likely 100% have his mask on in this skin, so don’t get your hopes up at least.

2 Likes

I hope this is something we will have in ow2.
Specific skins voice lines.
Jeff kaplan said they stopped doing this because ultimates would sound confusing for players and makes them unbalanced.
But let me tell you, people need to shut up and accept this. Makes the game more alive and skins more special.
The problem could be fixed if they added an option where you can desable specific skin voicelines

3 Likes

Kind of a far fetched theory here…
We saw two models of OW2 Reinhardt, one with his helmet on and one without it. It’s probably the skin customization system…
So looking at the new Reaper sprays there are two versions of this skin, one with, and one without the mask…
Based on that can we say skin customization system is coming to OW with tomorrow’s patch?
And that’s the reason of the big update size?
Or maybe we will be able to customize this skin like the sprays, but we have to wait until OW2…

2 Likes

Probably not, but we’ll just have to see. Personally i don’t believe that will happen but who knows?

I believe that they just made the sprays like that because they wanted to? I don’t think it has to be a unique reason for them to do the sprays like that.

Personally i would love it if they could add customization to the game ao you can mix and match skins and weapons but yeah maybe it could be some type of tease for that to be an upcoming feature for ow2?

We just have to wait and find out.

1 Like

That would be really cool.
But unlikely.
Sadly…

2 Likes

Finally a Reaper event been waiting since the game came out for one lol He’s the one character that made me buy the game with Genji. Im alil hype to see and read it

Yeah i was also wondering when reaper was going to get the spotlight and here he is finally :grin:

2 Likes

I wish they would do an anime of it from the beginning till they catch up to the games time line with like 24 eps or 10 eps a season.

Guys here’s the 3D version someone replied on my Reddit post with:
https://i.imgur.com/KClsOWD.jpg
I think the drawing looks a LOT better than the actual skin.

1 Like

more, as in the same standard sprays + icon we get in every other challenge event? lmao

Isnt nano cola Dva an epic skin?

This actually looks sick! Only knowing how the top part looks in this screenshot it looks way better than the drawing imo.

I never tried to do the watch live channel and im on ps4 how you complete it?

From the every helpful Wyomingmysts post:

Perform the following steps in order to see if you can correct any possible errors. Try testing when you complete one more or of these steps. Remember to check the Overwatch Game Client to see if you earned the rewards in the hero gallery. Any earned drops will have no in-game notification or show the icon for the items indicated once they are earned.

1. First remember to check your Twitch notifications to verify that you have earned a reward from watching an eligible live stream. For Twitch promotions, you can now track time watched on your Drops page. Remember you must claim a drop before you can start accumulating time to earn the next drop reward! Once you claim a drop, it takes around 30 minutes for it to appear in the game client.
  2. Verify you are signed into your Twitch.tv account and that your Twitch account is linked with your Blizzard Account .
  3. Some countries, (specifically those sanctioned by the United States) may not be eligible to earn drops from any Twitch drop promotion.
  4. Verify that you are watching an eligible stream by looking for the Drops Enabled tag below the title of the stream. Please note the title in the stream description is NOT an indicator that this channel has drops enabled.
  5. Make sure that your Twitch account is showing that you are active online (green light) in your Twitch profile.
  6. If you are a console player, verify that your BattleNet account is linked with your Console Account .
  7. Try clearing out your web browser cookies or other cache files (remember to sign back into twitch.tv on the web browser).
  8. If you use any Ad blocking pluggins or software, please disable it entirely for the duration of the broadcast (don’t just provide an exemption to the site).
  9. Make sure that Twitch.tv is not muted in Google Chrome. Open a tab and navigate to Twitch.tv , then right click the tab of the site on the title bar of the window, in the pop-up menu, if it says “Unmute Site” click it to unmute the site.
  10. Make sure that Twitch.tv is not blocked for notifications in Google Chrome. (Check Settings > Content > Notifications).
  11. Try watching the stream on a different web browser. The most recommended option is Google Chrome. Firefox is reported to work I am currently investigating issues with the older version of Microsoft Edge. Microsoft Internet Explorer (this is a legacy web browser recommended for viewing out-of-date websites) will not work. Other web browsers, including Opera, Apple Safari, and the new Microsoft Edge, are currently untested. (Desktop Microsoft Edge is only available for Windows 10 systems. Apple Safari is only available for MacOS systems.)
  12. If watching on a smart device (phone or tablet), try switching to a different device (preferably a computer with a web browser).
  13. If watching on Google Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, or any other TV casting device, turn off that casting and watch directly from your smart device or computer. Casting devices will NOT work with earning tokens.

The most important part is making sure you have a twitch account that is also linked to your battlenet account. (Cannot Link My Console and Battle.net Accounts - Blizzard Support) Once that’s verified all you need to do is (usually) watch people streaming Overwatch while logged into twitch.

Hmm, I wonder when he’ll be competing in Mortal Kombat.

Reaper gonna be a shogun with a shotgun