Re release exclusive skins (limited time)?

Yeah, I was just looking for that earlier, guess it got deleted.

I have to say I agree with you, with the exception of the two Blizzcon specific skins that were released for those Blizzcons, marked with the Blizzcon logos etc. They should probably remain as is, but the other Blizzcon skins should get added at some point. I even suggested ways to redo the challenge ones.

Ah ok.

I was under the impression the sym Tyrande skin was a one time thing?
I would be surprised if that came back

Well here’s the thing:

Its a WoW themed skin.

The year or two before that one, was the Sombra Diablo 3 themed skin (Demon Hunter).

If they are willing to release that one, why not the other game related skins? That is where I’m coming from. And having gotten perks every Blizzcon for the last several years, (including Goody bags of real items) I don’t mind sharing most of these skins. But I can’t see them unlocking the 10th anniversary Blizzcon skin (Bastion) for example, and the Winston one was also colored the same as Bastion and labeled Blizzcon. So unless its part of another event, it would kinda ruin the idea of getting perks when buying into Blizzcon in the first place.

If it were about being selfish, then what do people do about the real world items that come in a goody bag? Do we stomp our feet and ask for those as well? Where does this end?

Just saying.

1 Like

The only skins i think should 100% stay limited are Pink, the blizzcon skins and Noire.

how does this ‘skrew’ the people who got them the first time? How is your life in any way shape or form worse because some other people can now buy these skins themselves for while. I’ve had most the skins they’ve rerun and I don’t feel any different.

the only thing I can think of is if you’re an account seller and the value of the accounts you’re selling just plummeted.

1 Like

I doubt the OW team would bring any of the WoW skins into focus in the foreseeable future.

which 2? I assumed all of them but sombra were a one time thing

Selfish TF? Blizzard put out a product with tags like “exclusive” and “limited time only.” The audacity for telling someone that they are selfish solely for purchasing a product for the reasons in the product description. Re releasing exclusive skins so that you can make a quick buck and that people can have whatever they deem fair. Truly the company has gone to the dogs in many ways. Just give me my money back and take your skins.

Your lack of any possible comprehension as to why some people might be upset that they didn’t get what was advertised to them borders on hilarity. We put in extra effort to get these skins originally to support Overwatch and Overwatch League before it grew and became popular. And now the skins are up for grabs for anyone despite having the word “exclusive” tagged in. Imagine being a vanity collector IRL and purchasing an item from a fledgling business that they were only offering for a limited time to support that business. Now imagine that business growing and pumping out that item for everyone that wants what you have. That’s what’s really happened here. The Overwatch League has grown and added many teams. They ARE going back on their word because that’s words like “exclusive” and “limited time only” have always carried in connotation and literally historically.

I’m done here…

2 Likes

If you got a skin for any reason other than because you like how it looks, you need to think about your life choices, and not be upset at the prospect other people might gain access to it.

Using alts to make the same thread again does not help your argument winterpotato.

2 Likes

Oh I guess you squeezed one more out of me just in time.

1. I did not post on an alt.
  2. Don’t tell me how to live my life.

Your parents should have taught you not to be a petty selfish person, so it has been left to the rest of us to teach you important life lessons.

2 Likes

As I noted above:

Bottom line, they are not giving them away differently than they did before. In that sense, its not that big of a deal. You had them for an exclusive amount of time before many others, so consider that to be a good thing. For the record, I got them as they came out, but I don’t feel entitled to them forever either. If fact I was able to get one I was missing for Doom during the last 2 week re-release.

People upset that their exclusive skins are slightly less exclusive should be absolutely ashamed of themselves, for A: their petty and selfish attitude

And B: creating a situation where I am forced to defend blizzard on something.

5 Likes

This whole discussion is running into a wall. Blizzard marketed the skins as limited, they never said they will be buyable later again. This is not about that others are able to get their hands on them, its about being untrustworthy as a company for doing so.

As stated in an other thread, Blizzard is false adverstising products which are buyable in their (ingame) stores, they are violating against rules of commercial practices with false use of limited offers.

I watched Owl in season one regularly and earned some tokens, it was never enough to buy all the skins, so bought tokens with real money. It was fine for me as fan of the game and stil is!

But, now the the skins back and they are cheaper as were initially. I want a refund for the skins, the contract i had with Blizzard is invalid. Get over it fanboys, they messed it up with their greed.

2 Likes

This is what it comes down to. These skins weren’t added to some permanent real-money shop, but specifically marketed as “limited time,” which implies exclusivity to customers even though they don’t promise it in legally-binding terms.

As someone who really wanted one of the skins they re-released, and has it now thanks to this action, I still can’t help but feel it’s a hollow “victory” seeing as a major part of that skin’s value was in its rarity and exclusivity, which is now at the very least severely reduced.

2 Likes

If that’s all you wanted the skins for then you could have waited for more exclusive skins. Why care about those ones if you’re only there for the exclusivity and not the skins? So what if something isn’t rare anymore though? What’s so good about it being rare? I never understood that, and if you could explain that I’d appreciate it though. That’s not sarcasm. I genuinely never understood it.

Mine wasn’t. I didn’t get the league MVP Doom skin when it was introduced, but was able to pick it up the last vault, and it cost the same amount of league tokens… Which is 200. So… Where are you getting this idea of them being cheaper from?

They have not changed the cost of the league items that I have seen yet. I paid 200 for them when they came out and they were still 200 last time I checked.

Event items (let’s say legendary skins) that release within the past year are 3000 gold credits during that initial release but drop to 1000 gold credits from the first anniversary of their release onward. And that has been that way since the game began. Even with the Anniversary event which unlocks all event related purchasable items for both drops and gold purchase, any event item they have that is a year or older cost less. Like legendary items, epic items, etc.

Do you have any items you collect? Stamps, coins, figurines, anything?

Would you consider that collecting items of any nature might have individual items that are rare, or one off, or special?

I can’t imagine anyone that wouldn’t understand that concept to be honest. Its all around us in various facets.

Not everyone can have everything that someone else has. For starters, not everyone appreciates the same things.

But just because there are some rare items that can be found in the game at a specific time, or for a specific event, doesn’t mean that everyone is going to have it. These aren’t participation trophy’s that you get for just showing up. The real world doesn’t work like that, so why should a video game?

Now, all that said, you already know my position on skins with this game from my earlier posts. I believe that nearly all of the skins in this game have no reason to be permanently omitted from everyone. There are a few understandable and acceptable exceptions, but aside from those very few, the rest should be fair game at some point or multiple points.

To be honest, many should have already made re-appearances by now. And not just League items, I’m talking about older special challenge events too.

Anyway.

1 Like

Instead of re-releasing old content which should have been exclusive, in a context of making a quick buck while the game dies without content, maybe it would have been much better to release NEW skins and NEW content in the game, making the game feel like it’s still being worked on.

Instead, they adopt the tactic of a quick buck for EXCLUSIVE skins, and even have the audacity to call people “selfish” for protesting. This is what greed does with successful companies which do not care about their customers anymore.

1 Like

Thanks for explaining that. No, however, I’m not a collector of anything and have never been. I suppose I keep a few calendars for its art and memory, but I wouldn’t mind if they sold more. Maybe I’m strange, but I guess never having anything exclusive (at least that I value) makes it hard for me to sympathsize with them. Perhaps I’m ignorant of it. If that’s the case, I’m sorry. You’re right though, I don’t think it’s entirely not exclusive. It’s definitely still called a “vault” for a reason. It also costs real money equivalent or time to be able to open (or at least support) the stream. My friend wakes up for it even during mid night and has never spent a dime but has every skin with 1000 left overs. I would say it’s still exclusive, just not as.

My only problem with it is really just that, in real life, you can sell those items to other people, but in game, you can’t give away the skins to others. I’ve had friends who would have wanted to give it to me because of how badly I wanted some. I would have literally given up 1000 tokens just for it, or even lose the privilege to earn tokens all together just for this one skin. I know, I know. You “can” sell/buy accounts, but that’s against ToS so I don’t want to partake in it.

I think the middle ground would be allowing giving of the skin to other people in exchange for the same amount of tokens it was bought (200). There would be a limited amount, but if let’s say a friend doesn’t care about it, they can give it to you and get 200 tokens for other skins instead. I know Blizzard doesn’t want it because then people will start profiting off of it, however, as with any other rule, anyone will try profit off anything, and at least this will probably shut down a large amount of the account selling market that shouldn’t even be there and also encourage more people to buy the skins potentially for their friends in the future as gifts. It also encourages people to be less fearful of buyer’s regret. If they can get their tokens back simply by giving it to another player who is desperate for it, Blizzard will profit more because people who originally wouldn’t have bought it in fear of regret will now buy it. I didn’t buy some skins like the bastion, widow, or genji because I don’t like how they look, but if I could just give it to a friend in regret, I would consider buying it.

No that’s not true. No matter how you see it, it is selfish to want to keep something all to yourself. I hope you will one day understand the feeling of wanting something so badly but could never have no matter what you are willing to do (minus immoral/against the rules/illegal stuff). You shouldn’t buy stuff to please others. You should buy something because it makes you happy and represents you in the way you want.

No one truly thinks highly of you because of what skin you use or why you use it. If they do, they don’t even care about your person, just the skin. Sure, maybe Blizzard wants to make money, but they are a company in the end. They’re still pushing out new content though, like the new Bastion skin for example.

The truth is, they simply can’t just keep pumping out the skins 24/7 because they are supposed to be high quality. Compare most OWL skins to other skins of the same hero. I could even show you the things I circled on Mercy that made her way more detailed than any other skin she has (even pink). Her wing light alone has three colors and a unique shape, while every other skin has 1-2 at most (fortune, I believe, has 2 but it’s the same shape and an epic skin). So what am I trying to say? Well that I think you just can’t expect new skins that are super good to come out all the time.

1 Like