Randomly disconnected

Overwatch randomly disconnected me just as I entered into a competitive match, even though I didn’t have any major net issues, because of this I couldn’t rejoin the match and got suspended, is there anything I can change in my settings to avoid this happening again as I lost quite a few of my comp points

9 Likes

Heya Jawrdayn,

Just based on this information we can’t be quite sure what’s going on here, but based on that description it’s possible something’s dropping packets between your PC and our servers somewhere. Could be in your house, could be some ISP between you and us. The servers you’re connecting to look stable right now.

Can you grab a WinMTR for me and post the results here? Ideally if you can catch a disconnection from a game it may help, but even just a 10 minute test may help us find the problem based on that description.

Overwatch randomly disconnected its happening to me too

5 Likes

I just had this same thing happen to me right now i got into a competitive game and picked zenyata on horizon lunar colony and right as the doors opened the game just disconnected me, and i couldn’t re join as a matter of fact i was completely logged out of my account and unable to get back in to my account at all my internet was great there were no issues. it just randomly disconnected me I have 2 other people I was queueing with and they can vouch for me. PLS fix this

2 Likes

It’s the same thing here one the Xbox One. Internet is completely fine, yet getting disconnected from the servers while also receiving a suspension for the drop. I’m interested to any solutions as well. (waiting for that 30 minute suspension to go away)

1 Like

Just had the same. Game crashed and it was 2nd round(we were attacking). I recieved lost and -25sr and couldn’t rejoin the game…Eventho it took less than 1min to close applications and open them again…Normally after crashes you can rejoin but not this time. What is wrong with this game?

1 Like

Was in the middle of a comp match…my char was just rezzed by Mercy and boom…my Road began twitching, froze, and bam, no more Overwatch…the whole entire window crashed and closed…luckily I was able to rejoin.

it often happens to me too, i play for 10 hours every day … and this thing will happen to me about 3 times/day. Auto -75 SR , And 3 hours suspended time everyday :frowning:

2 Likes

DC at start.
Tried rejoin, twice, both failed.
If I played 10+ game a day, I will see someone DC in at least one of game that I played…

2 Likes

yea, im getting a lot of disconnections ever since the latest patch :frowning:

2 Likes

Same thing just happened, I just entered a competitive with friends and my game was lagging super hard for some reason, like my character wasn’t loading and I couldn’t see any characters. Then I got disconnected and my friends told me I had a minute to get back on but it was lagging so damn hard…I lost points for sure

update: I got banned for like a few minutes…it better not happen again bc I don’t wanna be banned for a few hours next

2 Likes

It happened to me too, disconnected from a competitive match and got suspended . Since the patch updated i have experienced at lease 2 dc everyday i play. Please fix :pray:

2 Likes

Happend to me at 11.20, here is the log i got in a game after that.

Summary

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| WinMTR statistics |

| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

| 87.186.224.80 - 0 | 1027 | 1027 | 15 | 16 | 61 | 16 |

| 87.186.224.80 - 0 | 1027 | 1027 | 15 | 16 | 60 | 15 |

| 87.186.206.198 - 0 | 1027 | 1027 | 15 | 16 | 60 | 16 |

| 217.5.113.58 - 0 | 1027 | 1027 | 21 | 29 | 85 | 28 |

| f-sb1-i.F.DE.NET.DTAG_DE - 0 | 1027 | 1027 | 22 | 26 | 72 | 26 |

| 217.239.39.18 - 1 | 1023 | 1022 | 22 | 23 | 69 | 22 |

| 80.157.202.34 - 0 | 1027 | 1027 | 22 | 23 | 67 | 22 |

| ae1-br01-eqfr5.blizzardonline_net - 0 | 1027 | 1027 | 22 | 25 | 172 | 23 |

|te-0-0-0-4-br01-eqam2.blizzardonline_net - 1 | 1023 | 1022 | 28 | 30 | 72 | 29 |

| 37.244.10.101 - 0 | 1027 | 1027 | 28 | 29 | 74 | 29 |

| 185.60.114.169 - 1 | 1023 | 1022 | 28 | 29 | 72 | 29 |

| 5.42.171.225 - 0 | 1027 | 1027 | 28 | 29 | 73 | 28 |

|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider
i Replaced some “.” with “_” so that i can post this.

I hope this helps, to solve this.

4-5 dc of teammates just today and 2 from me. Got suspended and lots of SR loss

1 Like

i am also being disconnected randomly and can’t get back to the server again. My internet connection is good and my laptop is just beside the modem. This happened to me many times already. I kept on losing my SR and its only 3 days left. I thought the update will fix this, but it keeps on happening to me… Hope you could help me… -Vayatte#1167

1 Like

Me too. I’m actually suspended right now! I was searching for a match in competitive, then a red message appears telling I got disconnected even before get in the match, I log in and boom! Suspended xD happened yesterday too like 3x! But sometimes I can get in the match clicking on “get back to the match”

1 Like

The same thing happened to me too! I was queuing up for a game, and I got disconnected. However, I was never shown that I was in a game, but when I reconnected and logged in again, I got banned and lost 50 SR.

Looking to get a bluepost response please.

I and many others have experienced this random disconnection whilst maintaing internet connectivity. I have 300 download and 30 upload. I just got disconnected 10 seconds into a match on Xbox. and it took exactly 8 seconds to get back in and rejoin and as it loaded the countdown hit 0 and i was looking right at it on my screen and match got canceled and i was suspended.

If it isnt our issue and it isnt “your” issue. Can we please extend the reconnect time to rejoin the match when this occurs. 10 seconds is too short and I am not the only person who thinks this.

Please respond… If we need a player petition for this I will make it and get petitions if need be. This needs to happen across the board for PC PS4 and Xbox.

Also, I hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful weather and havin\g a fantastic time. Also still love you Blizzard, but we need to fix this. I am certain youd have less complaints about this issue if you give us a little more time to reconnect. With my fast speeds and playing on an Xbox one it takes aporx 8-9 seconds to rejoin.

<3

RXDARK aka Res

1 Like

It’s happening to me right now, luckily my team pulled it off and we still won, but 3 times has disconnected me in a competitive match today, and 2 recently on my last comp match. I still could rejoin though, but it may not be as easy for my team next time.

As a friendly reminder everyone, you are more likely to get more help from Blizzard Support Agents or MVPs like myself if you can follow the instructions that has been previously posted. In this case, please run WinMTR tests and post your results here:

WinMTR instructions:

1. Download WinMTR from http://winmtr.net/download-winmtr/ (Console players need a Windows Desktop Computer connected to the same network as their console to do this.)
  2. Unzip the WinMTR.zip file to the Desktop.
  3. Open the WinMTR folder and select the 32 or 64 bit version. Choose whichever one corresponds to your version of Windows.
  4. Run the WinMTR.exe
  5. Type the IP address you want to trace in the “Host” field. To get the correct IP you will actually need to open up the game and go Practice Vs AI or Quick Play and if you are on PC hit Ctrl+Shift+N and it will bring up the ingame network diagnostic graph, or go to Video > Options > Display Network Performance Graph if you are on any platform including Console. In the top left corner is the IP address you want to run WinMTR to.
    Network Graph
    note When looking at the IP it will show up ingame as something like 12.34.56.78:12345. You will want to leave the last 5 digits and the colon at the end off and the IP you want to use is just the 12.34.56.78
  6. Once you notice the connection issue while playing, play for about 6 more minutes, minimize the game and click on “Stop”.
  7. Click on “Copy text to clipboard”, then return to this forum thread.
  8. Type two sets of four squiggly lines and then paste the contents of the WinMTR test between: ~~~~ Paste WinMTR Test Results Here ~~~~

If in the event you can’t even connect to Overwatch and get into any game mode at all, please use one of the following IP addresses based on your geographical region:

• US West - 24.105.30.129
  • US Central - 24.105.62.129
  • Brazil - 54.207.107.12
  • Europe - 185.60.114.159
  • Europe - 185.60.112.157
  • Korea - 211.234.110.1
  • Taiwan - 203.66.81.98