Randomly disconnected

I checked over these results and nothing seems out of place. Did you ever disconnect or encounter latency when running this test? Remember this test is only effective if you catch the disconnection or latency in the act.

Same happened to me and one of my friends. Can tell you now it is not the internet since we are on discord and that does not DC, only overwatch game does. Then we also get suspended and ranks points dropped. This is really bad. We have 200 steady ping to both the overwatch and discord servers

Discord servers are not in the same place as the game servers, so if there is a break in the connection route to the game servers but not the discord servers, then you remain connected to those servers. That is how the internet works and why tests like WinMTR help track problems that are between specifically you and the game servers.

I guess we need a petition…where would one start to do such a thing…time to hit the old google.

I have been having this issue for about a week or two. My latency average is about 110 ms. then several times per game, it will quickly shoot up to 250-300ms for roughly 2-3 seconds. Then it will go back to my normal latency of 110ms. Several times, this has caused me to disconnect, lose SR, and be temp banned from competitive. This is very frustrating.

I’ve also been disconnected several times, playing arcade and it just goes. Been happening towards the end of matches.

I’ve also been disconnecting from Quick Play, Arcade, and lost over 200 SR in comp., this started happening to me just over a week ago to a month ago, but it has been happening more frequently to the point that every other game I play I will dc for 1 second, but it takes me 1-2 min to have everything back to normal, not just ow, but my whole laptop, my opinion is that, I don’t think its my Internet or else wouldn’t it effect all the other devices around me house? And since everyone, recently, has been getting the same problem how come its our Internet the problem it can’t be a coincidence. Play for a few hours I think you might experience the same problem, I never had this problem gone this bad even when I had to change Wi-Fi and if no one in my house is disconnecting then something in the game is ruining a lot of players experience.

This happened to me just now. Got into a ranked match, the match was about to start in 30 seconds when everything started lagging. A few seconds after it started lagging my game crashed and I could not rejoin the match. I lost 50 ranked points and got suspended.

My Daughter and I can paly 4 games, then she is kicked of the game and can’t log on agin, due to server error.
Why is that?
This has only happend sins the retribution games.

1 Like

Just happened to me as well. Took multiple attempts to even connect to a server (i.e. before the main menu). Got ejected from a Retribution game.

Quick Play has been randomly disconnect for me on PSE1 server on almost every game. This happens after the latest patch. My ping is 17ms. MTR shows no packet loss.

Same here. Disconnects have been happening almost every game of deathmatch 6v6

This same issue has been happening to me for the past few days. In a ranked game then randomly disconnected for no reason.

Disconnected from Comp match at start, lost 50 SR. Ran 24.105.30.129 on WinMTR, looks good till;

lag-101.ear2.LosAngeles1.Level3. net. Packet loss at 85%.

Should we be hitting up Level 3, or is this something Blizzard can help with? I noticed a lot of WoW players are also having same issue.

Level3 shouldn’t cause lag - it’s only used for downloading versions of overwatch.

Perhaps. It was weird, it was at this hop the following ones had sent/received packets cut down by half. Ran a few tests and it’s not repeating.

I am having a similar issue where when I join a game (only on this account not any others) I cannot join voice chat and once the 1st round has started it removes me from the game

Due to this I have lost 100sr its deeply annoying but not back to back only during 2/4 or so matches. I have tested with quick play and still get disconnected before the game starts.

I started playing more often got like 400 rating and drop it by disconnecting threw the week by -560 every disconnect like 80 points and it’s really annoying cause I put a lot of affording to gain this rating not everyone here good at shooters and got enough free time to get it back and I don’t understand why the dc timer is so shot why not to make it at least a minute.

Forgive me for my ignorance, but is there a way to send in my test results without posting my ip address everywhere?

i’ve been getting disconnected every 10 or so minutes tonight and i’ve had very laggy gameplay since the last update. . . internet is perfectly fine with very low ping and great speeds. . . what’s going on Blizzard?

and to top off the insult i keep getting the warning that i’ll be penalised for disconnecting. . . sort it out Blizzard!

1 Like