Random fps drops (big topic)

Cool!

Well, I looked at the stuff and you know what. It does make a TON of sense. I would say that the limitations of certain hardware classes does make a TON of sense. I hope that they put that into their installation notes for users that this game requires more CPU than GPU and 6 cores! You have been most helpful! I think I will give the CPU and board a run. It is worth my while, since if it improves the game I prefer to play most, compared to the rest of my game titles. It is worth it to get back into the game. Gotta wait until that pay check comes in from the Co-op though!

Btw I looked at your Channel. Offut AFB - StratCom. . . You would know my uncle. Small world. I wonā€™t discuss much after that. For community privacy reasons.

Much Respects for your help and assistance! Thank you.

Haha! Of course. Feel free to add me if you want to share his name. I may have met him or served under him. I upgraded my PC solely for that reason too, I was having trouble getting 180fps while streaming and I really hated the stutters during fights, especially. I wanted to be able to stream widow to a lot of people who really were fans of me but I couldnā€™t stream without looking like a potato. Now I can stream, and while thereā€™s still input lag sure, I look and can be much more impressive and live up to expectations. I just wanna be known as a good widow.

Iā€™ve got over a thousand collective hours on widow and have made GM with her, and you have to be an obsessive egoist to be able to do that.

gg, I hope everything improves! remember the killfeed thing, itā€™s a real issue that needs to be fixed

Greetings!

Oh I am sure you might have served under him. Itā€™s one of those things, we didnā€™t find out what all he was doing for our country until MUCH Later. (20+ years). A very fine career indeed. Itā€™s everyone that makes up the armed forces , that make us a strong country. As every person counts.

I have approx 670 hours on Widowmaker. So yes, stuttering is extremely bad. Hopefully I can get my new hardware SOON. These stutters are FRUSTRATING.

I cannot successfully go against another widow with these problems much either. Iā€™m by no means a ā€œGrand masterā€ as I have a clunky monitor, and a mousepad thatā€™s holding me back right now. LOL

Iā€™ve been toying around with this Zowie ZA13 mouse for awhile. I soon discovered my Goliothus speed mousepad is creating TONS of drag from itā€™s wearing down. SO itā€™s a pain to deal with. Itā€™s not the cause of the FPS drops lolā€¦ Im shopping for a mousepad, any suggestions? I love flick-shots and quick scopes, vs staying zoomed in and trying to lead someone with the scope. I LOVE hard pads, but they quickly wear down a wrist too fast. My prefer aim-style is claw or tip-grip. But no mouse supports that play-style now.

I was a TF2 Sniper main. I also did clan hosting on a private TF2 sever for players that took the game seriously and we didnā€™t want the hassle of others bothering us. I ran that for some time on both Dell hardware from their Power-edge line and then did the IBM Bladecenter. However electricity bills on that was 1.1k a month. and then we just got out of it when the game when Free To play.

There was a sniper_orange fort map in that game, that was really a good map to actually learn FPS sniper on. I always wanted to learn Sniper. But then with the Free 2 play, it just became too much. (TONS OF hackers and cheaters) If overwatch did a similar map. WOW they would be on top of the world to have a map such as that. It allows a person to have good laughs and surrender their egos, just to learn from other better players. I mean thatā€™s how I learned to play. No scores, just snipers ONLY allowed.

Notes: The troubleshooting adventure I went on with that game was the Kill-cam for the person that died in the game, and SLI. Oh that SLI did NOT do well at all. You had to turn OFF SLI to play TF2 lol.

Iā€™ve been trouble shooting this problem since November, and believe me the stress is there. I HOPE this is the fix. Because if itā€™s not. Well, I guess I got my hardware changed out to be future proof for another 1.5 years lol!

As I have always said, ā€œThe moment you purchased a PC, itā€™s already outdatedā€.

Yeah I can look into adding you on there. I gotta remember my twitch stuff or etc. I donā€™t normally run twitch. I can check out your stream and see what you have to offer viewers for advice and tips.

Thank you!

I was going to mention something. I am playing Tom Clancy: Ghost Recon Wildlands. And I honestly do NOT get this issue with that game. I stay a very steady 70FPS and during the heavy fighting in the game. I donā€™t even see a drop at all that does this. That is the last thing that intrigues me about this game. Because TCW plays extremely well and itā€™s graphics are MUCH more rich in quality and effects. Just food for thoughtā€¦ :thinking:

I use a glorious brand mousepad atm, corsair also makes some good ones, and QCK pads are also good. They are very preference based but yes, they wear down quickly especially with how much widow we play. My profile is a little dishonest, because I have several alts and easily can claim over 1500 hours of widow most likely across all modes since game launch.

However, the main thing that I have to stress- and itā€™s hard to admit this, and took me a long time too- is sleep. Sleep makes all of these problems far less of an issue. It doesnā€™t matter how bad my mousepad feels when Iā€™m freshly rested, but 40 hours into an all nighter and even the most perfect mousepad will feel like itā€™s sandpaper.

Sleep, sleep, sleep. You canā€™t overclock your body as long as you can OC a computer. Stimulants wear you down much faster.

Jeeze, 1500 hours. Thatā€™s a good record. Yeah I will have to do some mousepad shopping. Iā€™ve been busy this week with my job. Itā€™s got me on edge since my service truck blew its turbo. Its a necessity since diesel motors need them to create power to pull a large payload. NOpe, I donā€™t use Stimulants like energy drinks and that. Itā€™s hard on a personā€™s heart.

The mousepad shopping thing is difficult. I looked at steele series, BenQ and many other brands. Itā€™s hard to NOT find something that doesnā€™t skip out and around when aiming. Let alone allows for smoothness. When the pad ā€œheats upā€ you can really feel the smoothness of aiming. But likewise this Razor pad is NOT a good pad at all.

Heck I never even took FPS gaming this serious until I purchased overwatch. I kinda scoffed at these accesories until I realized how important it was. Especially the pad.

The FPS drop thing is not helping me out at all. I was researching different 6 core CPUs. Itā€™s interesting to see what intel has in their lineup. AMD is not a brand iā€™d ever go with again. After their AM2 and AM2+ they slipped on quality too much for me.

I really hope this problem does disappear after my new purchases (Board and CPU). I canā€™t stand someone that switches off to widow and wants to duel me or ā€œcounterā€ me, because of drops that are so bad. I kinda wished Overatch had an official statement on core compatibility if this really IS the problem that is occuring for me. (4 core vs 6 core).

Widow these days is tough to get to do. The match making system is tormenting me a TON lately. I could go on and on, but the community has views both ways on this system. Itā€™s hard to play widow, when she is support. However I LOVE support heroes.

Since sym/lfg patch this game is fā€¦ked up performancewise. I had the issue from the mega threads where i have huge fps drops when i played 300 capped before.

What i have done:
All the fixes blizzard advises (reset config, new driver etc)

What it fixed for me was:
-downgrad to old nvidia driver 388.x
-put up my cores for 500mhz from 3,5 to 4 ghz
-activate xmb for ram in bios to use the full 3000 mhz of your ddr4

Yeah iā€™ve tweaked and adjusted my system as far as it can go or do. Not really much there more i can do. If it is a game that requires 6 cores now to play. Im going to be out for awhile.

Iā€™d just ask them to put it back to the old 4-core system. I look at things like Steamā€™s system survey census. Most players donā€™t even have half of what we are running now. Since Steam is the LARGEST game retailer out there. Here is the statistics and devs should model after it.

7.67% of users have 6 cores or more
59% have a 4 core cpu
31% of the market still runs duel core !! (I canā€™t believe it).
83% of users are running Intel
74% of users are running Nvidia hardware
57% of users are only running Windows 10.
33% of users are still running windows 7 or 8.
8GB of RAM is the standard ram size used by gamers.
The GTX 1060 is the primary card used by gamers this year.

1 Like

I got a new pcā€¦ Iā€™m using 11th gen i911900k rtx 3080/ 32gb ram @ 3200 mhz/ 1000 watt liquid cooled. Iā€™m playing on a 360hz monitor.
Iā€™ve tried all settings from epic to low and my fps dips and stays between 100-250 mostly around 150ā€¦ with my specs I should overkill OW at 400 fps easyā€¦ Iā€™ve done everything I can think of and nothing will work. Does anyone have any recommendations? My fps is all over the place and doesnā€™t stay consistent at all. Iā€™ve updated all the drivers/ put system in high performance/ reset entire pc everything

Edited by Blizzard - this topic is being locked as this is an old post which was bumped. Please create your own thread or contact support.