Rammatra's unlock method is completely DISGUSTING

It may happen, but now it is not happening, so let’s wait before attacking.

That sounds amazing… in paper. In game, she is not that strong.

1 Like

Yeah, as you mentioned, they were technically not available if you were a new player, including old heroes. I feel that adding Kiriko free for OW1 players was just a way to soften the blow for returning and loyal players and let those players get used to the BP system into the next seasons. Including adding another hero in the next season right after; sort’ve front loading hero releases a bit to feel theres a lot coming out. But once that settles, this is the method they’ve always intended, and we’ll be skipping heroes on odd seasons back to the same release rate as OW1, about 3 heroes a year. On one hand you have 2 seasons to unlock the hero (although we dont know whats going to happen with Kiriko after the season ends nor how to unlock her), but it might be a problem if you play without all the meta heroes you need, or with new team mates or smurfs missing heroes. It’s a shame, I worry about the game in the long run, but I guess I’ve long stopped caring about competitive to worry.

There’s capitalism, and then there’s crony capitalism. If you don’t know the difference, don’t talk like you do.

9 Likes

You only came like 2 months late OP. We know where the new heroes will be and how to unlock them lol. What is this?

the cash shop is worth complaining about, not the 10 dollar battlepass which is giving you new heroes to play and skins at a reasonable rate. apex legends premium pass is about the same price point, this is par for the course rn in live service gaming.

1 Like

Amen, trying to get a headshot with Kiriko at a distance is incredibly difficult, especially if they’re moving sporadically. On the bad side, yes she can essentially roll most lower HP characters if you’re super accurate, but her kunai are pretty meager by itself.

1 Like

i feel likje they are deliberately trying to destroy the game as they add another op male character to the game…im starting to understand why people are calling it a dead game

2 Likes

you hate dudes? um ok

1 Like

Played since day 1.

The battle pass is the only reasonably priced thing blizzard has right now. $10 gets you 4 legendary skins ($80), 3 epic skins ($30), and a mythic skin (Unknown $). Early access to the new hero that season and tons of other rewards that I don’t want to calculate.

Even if you’re like me and think $20 a legendary skin is ridiculous, at $5 each you still get 4 for half price plus tons of bonus stuff. And sure, this isn’t like OW1 where $40-$60 one time got you every hero but you still had to work for skins in loot boxes. Earning a loot box by the way, probably took more effort than one tier of the battle pass.

At the end of the day, Blizzard is a company meant to make money, to pay workers, create content, upkeep servers and have profit.

Is the game buggy? Sure but so was OW1, like game breaking buggy.
Is the shop disheartening? Yes, a little bit but some players spent way more for loot boxes than these skins cost.
Is the battle pass

No, you just don’t like it because it requires work.

I don’t care that much honestly, the more people complain, the more I think about spending some money on skins… I still won’t until Blizzard shows more effort.

But honestly, don’t say crap like “never played OW1” as your defense. I’m betting you came in late, got a bunch of free stuff for a discounted box price and only saw the polished game.

You don’t know what you’re talking about. The battle pass is the best deal in the game. The new hero is an easy unlock each season. Two weeks is plenty of time to unlock them even for a casual player like me. You aren’t owed anything from a company that could have shut the OW servers down and gave you nothing in its place instead!

4 Likes

Its a pay to win system. Every new character brings advantage to new formations and counters and if you don’t pay you’ll probably not have that character.

You’ll get 700 - 900 xp if you’re playing solo or 1000 - 1200 in case you put friends on it. If you’re in vacation and you play hours and hours a day, than you’ll get in 3 weeks. If you’re studying or working, it’ll be a whole lot more than that. If you get him at all, its not that uncomon to see players lower than lvl 55 even today.

Lets see how long people will still care about that game. Even thought its free, it won’t survive the greed of the company.

1 Like

The sad thing is that they dont have faith in their community to offer bp without hero being locked behind it which is disappointing cause i wouldnof bought bp reguardless.

i dont like male characters as thye promote male superiority which im against and im a male but i dont click with male characters

I would argue it is. Imagine a super OP hero and you can only play them when you bought the BP. If noone on your team had that hero, you might lose.

Like… imagine Zarya levels… just a little stronger. Or even way stronger.

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s a good thing to assume their gender, plus they’re an Omnic. In canon lore at least, the main thing is about not being treated like abominations by humans and the drop video does a really good job at emphasizing this, you could argue it to be a “What if Zenyatta was evil instead?”.

Either way, their gender shouldn’t matter. We’ll get an OP female or other gender-identifying hero at some point.

the last op male character was in 2019…
between then and now we’ve had 4 characters, all female, 3 of whom have been or are op

Firstly, new heroes can be unlocked by playing. Though, I do not like them being in the BP.

Second,

er no, I don’t like the fact that it monetises gameplay mechanics. Not that it requires work. I actually liked working towards unlocking cosmetics. Gave me something to work towards but getting rolled by the thing I am “working” towards is not ok.

If the only way to unlock it was levelling up to 55 then I wouldn’t care because it would be free and then everyone would have to grind, it wouldn’t be great for people with less time but that’s about it. But paying for a hero when we had them for free for years is ridiculous. Its barely a different game certainly not enough for a justification to start forcing people to pay up or lose out for days vs other people with bigger wallets. Time is different because you can make time, you cannot grow money on trees however.

I am not sure what who your last part was too, however so I will just say that I played OW1 since release up until about season 8 and then came back for a bit in season 12. I have 900+ hours in OW1 and I’ve played “OW2” since launch and I am level 81 in the battlepass. So shrug at the free stuff ad hominem if it was directed at me.

It’s only predatory because you are scared to lose without access to this hero. It’s completely illogical. You’ll be fine without a Ramattra on your team. Who cares if you lose? It’s a video game.

you can pretty much count some female characters as male like ashe and sojourn though thye are more manly than girly

But… you have to unlock them. Until then you could potentially lose because the enemy has more possibilities in a game where counters (and hero balance) matter.