😡 Don't delete Symmetra, Make a New Hero instead #SaveSymmetra

Let’s remake the other heroes like Sym 3.0 will do to her!

Me first:

McCree
New gun: Now he has a laser pistol that makes 30 dmg/s while it is hold.
His secondary is an Ai assisted laser that marks the enemy while hold and then shoots a powered laser bullet shot when released.
His new E ability is a new version of his old Ultimate, where he slowly waits while he concentrates on someone, powering the shot at 60dmg/s. Whoever is nearest the target becomes his victim. When he presses the fire button, he releases the concentrated damage at 1 unique shot. The cooldown is 12 seconds.
His new Shift ability is the joke: McCree says jokes like “what is that?” or “look! the cavalry is coming!” and every opponent in his field of view and at a maximum of 10 meters away from him is forced to look backwards
New Ultimate - Flashbang: Now McCree holds an extreme version of his flashbang, where the enemy has a big flash on the screen that lasts for 1 second and gradually returns to normal in 0.5 seconds. This flash is seen wherever the enemy is on the map (except if dead).

2 Likes

You and the OP are really pushing it, don’t you think? Aren’t you all aware that Symmetra has been classified as the worst hero in the game for the past 2 years? There’s a reason she was the first hero to be reworked, and even it didn’t do anything for her. You simply can’t deny this.

6 Likes

Oh wow ,only one mention of sanjay !

Maybe you’ll finally stop the comparasion in your next thread.

blizzard already made the rework
 symm will be fine.

also you wont be reported anymore for throwing if you pick her.

i cant wait

I have no problem with making current heroes useful before adding new ones, cause Sym is currently everything but useful.

Waiting for PTR before pointing out why the things they told us about the rework is a bad idea, is a bad idea. Especially given Blizzard history of all the stuff they (didn’t) changed between PTR and live servers.

Definitely. Symmetra 1.0 was terrible. Mostly because the devs overnerfed her in the closed beta, because of how strong she was back then.

Symmetra 2.0 made great strides towards making her more viable. Photon Barrier and Shield Generator made her much better both in attack and point B defense.

We shouldn’t be reported for that regardless of the rework. No one report Ana players on sight, and she is in a statistically worse place than every single off-meta hero. Her average healing stat is on par with off-healers!

Symmetra being hated by the community is not a problem that you solve by feeding that hate deleting the hero from the game. It’s the Mass Rez situation all over again, where they turned a balanced ultimate in a C-tier hero into the must-pick status that she is now.

Swap “GM” with “OWL”, and I agree with you 100%. The fact that we have a lot of GM Symmetra players and a few of those in Top 500 every single season thus far tells me that she is balanced enough to the point of not being a chore to her team.

She is not viable for pro play because coordination and teamwork counter Symmetra (more than Winston, more than Pharah), and those are a given in any organized team. And I’m perfectly fine with her seeing no screen time.

2 Likes

If you knew Symmetra you would know that she can create anything, that she can be in any class (tank, dps, support, defensive) just by creating the appropriate tools.
The rework will not be canceled!

Such a lack of imagination - Satya Vaswani

2 Likes

It’s really not.

3 Likes

0,74% pickrate in GM
 yes, alot. xd

1 Like

They already made Moira and Brigitte

Considering all the ones being unfairly banned since Fueygate, I would say that is high enough. Pretty much only the people that actually enjoy playing Symmetra still play her from fear of being reported on sight.

But my intention behind that “a lot” is saying its not one person or two representing the whole category, like it often is on Top 500 (one or two symmetra players only). Her pickrate in GM is not that far away from her general pickrate, so from all the people that play Symmetra, probably her distribution curve is very similar to the general public distribution curve as well.

Eg, compare that to Widowmaker. Her pickrate skyrockets from diamond and above compared to her general pickrate.

The general issue with Sym (and melee/short range heroes in general) is this is an FPS. Plain and simple. The S stands for shooter.

Blizzard and Co are trying to balance heroes that, by their very nature, don’t work well in an FPS with heavy ranged DPS, unfortunately. To work, they generally need some kind of shtick that will feel terrible to play against (i.e. Doomfist insta-kill fist, Brigitte Shield Stun, Sym’s target tracking, etc.), or cause all kinds of weird glitchy issues (hitbox on Rhein’s charge).

They’re trying to dig out of a hole lined by ice covered in grease. Good luck to them.

if YOU think so

but the devs already made their decision. the rework is coming.

if you dont like it
 no one is forcing you to play the new symm. everyone can play the hero they want to.

2 Likes

I mean, you are 100% entitled to feel how you feel about her.

I just honestly despise Symmetra’s mechanics as they are atm. I hate playing her, and I don’t like playing against her. I hate her gun, I hate her turrets, I hate her playstyle
I’m not a fan of any of it. So I’m personally 100% okay with them getting rid of the current Symmetra, and redesigning her.

6 Likes

her turrets will be more powerful
 so that part stays :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t hate what the turrets do, I hate setting them up and how limited range she has with setting them up, as well as how easy they are to take out.

Symmetra- “Im not feeling so good
”

angry deletion noises

1 Like

Devs making their decision don’t mean we have to be happy with it. See all the Roadhog players that don’t like his nerfed weapon, all the LĂșcio players that don’t like the new wallride mechanics, all the D.va players that don’t like the reduced DM uptime, and all the Mercy players that don’t enjoy Valkyrie.

I don’t like that our society relies so much on fossil fuel to work, but I still have to ride on a bus every day to go to work. That don’t mean I need to give up advocating for clean energy sources just because I ride a diesel-fueled bus every day.

In the same vein, I can play and enjoy the reworked Symmetra (it’s a new hero, after all), and still think the path the devs took to rework her to be flawed.

I hold the same feelings towards Widowmaker. I hate the sniper archetype in every FPS out there. I’m fine with it on single player games, but not on PvP multiplayer because snipers either are dead weight for their team, or they carry the game. There is very little room for balance when you put 1hit-kill on the line.

Yet, the main difference between you and me is that now that Widow is on the game, I will never call the devs to delete her from the game in a serious manner. Exactly because I know that, despise my hatred for her concept as a hero, there are players out there that enjoy those aspects of her kit. So, now Blizzard have to balance the game around they having a sniper in the roster. Forever.

Symmetra was bought into the game as one of the 12 initial heroes as the non-healing support. I embraced that concept fully, and learned in the past 2 years how to properly use her. Blizzard giving up on the concept is not only giving up on Symmetra, but also closing the doors to any future hero that may be another non-healign support. They just relegated themselves to always slap healing in all future support heroes they ever develop, and that is a bigger problem for future design than Symmetra by herself.

1 Like

What the hell even is this Sanjay BS and why are you treating it like it’s something official instead of something people made up?

5 Likes

This post is way overblown. Relax and try out the rework. You may love it!

4 Likes