Quit with the laid back attitude. make some effort

Except that it’s a fact. Mercy mains thought that Mercy 2.0 was fun. Of course they did, she was broken, how was it not fun to play an OP hero? It doesn’t change the fact that she not fun for every other main in the game. And I did not offend Mercy mains at all by stating the truth.

On the other hand, your constant use of those emoticons is quite denigrating and offensive towards my persona, displaying a most condescending tone on your part.

I ask again. Is this the type of response I am meant to expect from Mercy mains? An utterly disrespectful one?

8 Likes

Fun is objective for everone…

1 Like

Who? And what have they got to do with everyone else playing the game?

5 Likes

Mercy isn’t balanced. She can’t be balanced with res on a cooldown rather than an ultimate.

I, btw, thought Mercy 1.0 before invuln was the most fun. Because she had counterplay.

4 Likes

Resurrect in general is an ability that should go, or be slapped with even longer CD. As long as that ability exists, Mercy cannot be re-worked to make her “more fun”.

2 Likes

Literally no one had fun with Mercy when the rework first came out last year, let’s not kid ourselves. Aside from Mercy mains, of course, because their hero was OP, so obviously they had fun playing her.

2 Likes

Clearly, your fellow Mercy mains did not agree with you, if the invulnerability frames change was added.

2 Likes

I didn’t have fun ever with Valkyrie. But, ya know. Lump all Mercy mains into one sum rather than having differing opinions.
A lot of us Mercy mains didn’t even want the rework, and yet we got it anyway. So we groaned, sighed and re-learned our hero.

BTW, Mercy was given invulnerability without being asked, too.
We wanted an E, not the removal of her weaknesses 100%.

4 Likes

WHERE IS MY POPCORN :smiley:

3 Likes

You are proving my point even further. The only redeeming quality of that rework is that Mercy mains had fun with her. But if even that isn’t the case, then it’s a blessing that that Mercy is gone, and the balance has been restored, for that hero was unfun both for the other players, and for some of her own mains as well! Good riddance, I say.

2 Likes

I do like that mercy is balanced, but every character should be fun to play. Fun is of course subjective but the majority of mercy players seem to not find her fun anymore and that’s a problem. If D.Va became completely boring to play I would be devastated as she is what keeps me playing. If 90% of people who used to main a character now hate playing her, thats a problem. Again the game does feel better now that she is balanced for non mercy players, but surely there is a middle ground where mercy can be fun without being OP again.

I’m not a mercy main, but I can still feel empathy for the mercy players. Nobody wants their main to become boring.

1 Like

Uhm? Exactly how am I proving your point?

I’m saying nobody wanted Mercy to be “Fixed” (broken), we wanted her to be balanced and for invuln to be removed. That was the problem with mass res, not that she could bring people back from the dead.

Yikes, you call Mercy mains menaces but you’re probably not even reading what I’m saying and taking it as fuel for your own gratification.

4 Likes

Well let’s see from just that little response of yours as to why any Mercy main would have an issue with the way you “state facts”.

Oh you speak for all Mercy mains now? Strike 1. Generalization of a particular main / group of people as “thinking” the same.

Strike 2. Stating your opinions on something as if it is fact.

Strike 3. Speaking for everyone, without any data or facts to back up your claim.

Strike 4. Blatant denial of their previous bigoted remark, thinking that their opinion is in fact “truth.”

Strike 5. Projecting their emotions by focusing on something trivial, to express their anger on the topic or indirectly at someone, while also deflecting the issue you were called out on, back at the person who called you out on it.

And still you wonder why so many people debate with you about this. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

9 Likes

I said that Mercy 2.0 was fun only for Mercy mains, and unfun for everyone else, and the current Mercy, while weaker and more boring, is at least less obnoxious than the old. By saying that even some Mercy mains were annoyed by Mercy 2.0, you are further proving my point that Mercy 2.0 was just a mistake that had to be removed.

As for xavvypls, an infamous Mercy fanatic who has been suspended several times in the past, and often resorts to personal insults, and is condescending enough to even write their own signature, there is nothing left gained from wasting my time with them. If only there was an Ignore button in this new forum.

11 Likes

I did. I wanted her to be broken and everything. Thank me later for that.

1 Like

The funny part is, both the community and the team behind the game are laidback.

We are all laidback, even in competitive. We do not see the game seriously anymore compared to the previous seasons, we have all fallen in the state of ‘slumber’ and do whatever we feel like as if we are playing a solo campaign mode.

2 Likes

And… that would be, Strike 6. Spreading false negative rumors about people to put yourself on a pedestal. Any more reasons that you would like to give that explains why you find yourself arguing with people when you make your “truths” about Mercy mains? :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

5 Likes

I never said Mercy 2.0 was fun? I enjoyed her as 1.0 (AKA Mercy 1.0 without invuln during res).
A lot of people didn’t like Mercy 2.0 for the Sole reason that she had invulnerability and couldn’t be countered or killed during res.
Yes, Mercy 2.0 was a mistake because the devs didn’t listen to us. We asked for an E ability, if you’ve been paying attention, not a buff to our ultimate.

As someone who’s actually played Mercy, for 200+ hours no less, I believe that Mercy 3.0 is the worst of the Mercys and she needs to be completely reverted to 1.0 right before she was given invulnerability and tweaked from there.
Resurrect on a cooldown is too overpowered and cannot be balanced. Valkyrie is stale, boring and is really only good for getting away as it has little to no impact on teamfights unless you’re just unable to juggle more than one target because your HPS is now in the gutter.
People complained about Mercys “hiding” (taking cover), yet 1.) many heroes hide before ulting and 2.) NOW Mercys actually have to hide just to resurrect someone.

3 Likes

Which is what I just aknowledged.

Yes, Mercy 2.0 was a mistake because the devs didn’t listen to us. We asked for an E ability, if you’ve been paying attention, not a buff to our ultimate.

First of all, there are more polite ways to write that sentence. Second, the vast majority of you wanted a Cleanse ability that hard-countered every crowd control-based hero in the game, which is just absurd.

I believe that Mercy 3.0 is the worst of the Mercys and she needs to be completely reverted to 1.0 right before she was given invulnerability and tweaked from there.

She is balanced. She may be unfun, but an unfun hero is much more preferable to an OP hero who dictates the meta, for obvious reasons.

Also, there are many Mercy mains who find Mercy 3.0 very fun to play. Why cramp all Mercy mains into the same group?

4 Likes

The funny thing is that she was completely weak with pre-invulnerability and mass rez. Most of her mains were fine with suicide rez. They eventually adapted and learned to rez 1to 3 players as opposed to 4 or 5 which was a lot more risky (as it should have been).

For whatever reason or another the devs added invulnerability to which none of her mains asked for. They just wanted a mid fight ability on E, something to use to perhaps assist with suicide rez.

But anyway fast forward to today and she is as weak as she was pre-invulnerability but with no redeeming quality. At least pre-rework her players had a hero moment with mass rez, something to work for while every dps in the game tried to murder her. Now there’s nothing, she works to do what? Fly? Wow what game play amrite?

But yeah, I played her and what annoyed me the most was the moment they reworked her into that OP abomination I knew immediately many nerfs were coming and I saw immediately that her player base would be blamed for her OP state and that other players would gleefully rejoice when she got her nerfs, sadly it took this long for her to be balanced and at the expense of her player base being robbed of fun gameplay. And I’m certain many players are willingly ignoring that they know she is hella boring than she has ever been.

Oh well… but this wasn’t a Mercy thread so it is rather intriguing how Mercy is still a sore topic for such a successful rework. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes