Queue time per role

0:16 minute for a tank
1:12 minute for a support
6:20 minutes for a dps

Tank players are not 1/3 of the playerbase. That’s for sure. Therefor, role queue hurts every other role.

1 Like

Yeah, but then people can play what they want to play. And you’re less likely to get stuck on a team without tanks or healers and like six people playing like snipers whether they’re snipers or not.

4 Likes

In EU
tank 0:20
sup 6:00+
dps 15:00+

3 Likes

I don’t know what rank you guys are in but I rarely get below 1-2 mins as tank. It’s rarely more than 2 mins but it’s rare to be below 1.

I got to high masters every season between 3 and role queue by just instalocking DPS every game, filling Zarya if I was feeling nice AND we had a main tank AND two healers, and not once healing. If we had 6 dps, 0 healers, 0 tanks, whatever nonsense that lost us the game I would just take the loss.

I didn’t need to fill to climb.

2 Likes

Thats just you and the million other dps instalockers not caring. People who actually cared for a reasonable playing experience suffered.

Its less about climbing and more about are the matches at least a little enjoyable.

1 Like

EU 2200 SR account prime time:
Tank: 0:30-1:30
Support: 3-6
DPS: 10+

EU 2900 SR account prime time:
Tank: 1-3
Support: 3-6
DPS: 15+

3 Likes

Who’s to define what a “reasonable” playing experience is? 3-4 dps, a main tank, and 1-2 healers is totally “reasonable”. I’ve lost game in masters to zarya, mercy, and 4 dps and I’ve won games with 4 dps, zen, and roadhog. Are you going to force people to work 9-5 instead of starting their own business or have 2 kids instead of 0 or 4 because the latter of each example doesn’t fit your definition of a “reasonable” life too?

2 Likes

Actually, I was a flex players before Role Queue.
Before Reaper got a buff, i was mostly playing Orisa and Zenyatta.
Also, my profile is public, i played a few games as tank this season and a lot of games as a support.

I could play what I wank w/o roleQ. And feel good.

1 Like

Yep can confirm those numbers are very correct.
The best thing is when you wait those 15 minutes if you queue dps and then the match cancels because someone leaves at the start.

1 Like

This is nonsensical.

wdym?

If you were to say, I want to be able to change mid-match then, yes. Otherwise, without role-lock people still end up playing in roles they just don’t want to play. Often times it was first to pick was damage, last to pick usually ended up healing.

Unless you’re saying, Yes! I do enjoy playing on six-damage team compositions.

Why? Just play the role/hero you want! I did it 4k with onetricking heroes I like, sometimes when I feel powerless I swap to something else. Game before roleQ had its concept, now it don’t. Just wait the game forever if you are not prefer Tank role.

The OP is saying that role queue hurts the roles. I’m saying that people end up playing in roles that they don’t want to, or end up on six-damage teams without role queue.

Agreed, role queue is definitely a good change for the game, when it comes to structure and team composition.
It guarantees that you will get to play the role you want, while also guaranteeing that the other two roles will be filled.

Unfortunately, it has introduced some other problems, long queue times for dps (and even support) players among other things.

Those long queue times make some of those dps player select a tank or a support role, just so they can get a game faster. Which in turn means they are playing a role they don’t really want to play, which in turn makes them play worse (either intentionally, or unintentionally because of lack of experience in that role).

This contributes to further frustration from their teammates, and suddenly nobody is happy, even though everyone is “playing the role they want” .

1 Like

Well, I’m happy and I play the role I want. I would rather wait than be on a six-damage team.

It’s just as bad when people do the stupid and expect the people to pick last and fill the remaining roles.

That’s why I said it can work either way.

You’re concluding that everyone doesn’t want to wait. Lots of people don’t mind waiting. Some people think it’s better this way, some people don’t. It’s just opining.