Question for the Mercy mains

They arent going to bring mass res back. They already said they dont like the the concept and have changed it. Having a mass res like that would be balanced. But since we know they arent going to go back, lets start here.

Where forward to we go from the E Ability res?

Also give her a new ultimate while we are at it please and thank you. Both of these abilitys brought more problems and harm to the game than anything good they did. Even if I dont like the idea of just removing rez because of Blizzards pride not putting it back on ult removing it would be better for Mercy. That way she can have new stuff that doesnt make her a chore to play.

Remove rez from E. Fix the low healing problem by adding some sort of burst healing with a cooldown in the spot rez held. Then add 2 rez charges to Ult, with no cast time or movement penalties. This would make Valk feel impactful again. Healing problem solved, unimpactful boring ult problem solved. All while removing rez from E and making it less frequent than every 30 seconds.

2 Likes

As I said above, they’ve changed their minds before.

And besides that, I was responding to your point that Mass Rez can’t be both balanced and playable. Yes it can. Mass Rez was fine. It just needed a middle ground between “suicide” and “instant invincibility”, which is what I suggested.

2 Likes

This.

I like this. I’d also cut out chain beam for a much stronger single beam… but I would gladly take this in a heartbeat.

Rework, just straight up rework get this valkyrie mercy E rez out of here, I don’t want to see either of them unless they change mercy to dps in which case bring back those ptr pistol buffs to valk and reduce the duration to 10 seconds for her ult

Those aren’t the only two options, Rez can come back to q without bringing back mass rez :wink:
But between the two, remove rez.

Remove res, even though I loved the ability and it’s concept, it’s too strong, it’s limiting the rest of mercy’s kit, and it’s not fun to use. If it’s not an coming back as an ult, it doesn’t deserve to be in the game at all.

Either option is better than bringing back mass res. I hope mass res does stay dead. If I were to pick one though, I guess I’d leave her as is. She’s a lot of fun now and still perfectly viable so I don’t see the need to fix what isn’t broken.

1 Like

Removing rez defeats the purpose of her entire kit. She is meant to making game changing moves…that includes reviving the dead. I’m probably the only who likes Mercy the way she is. Mass rez is too much. But one rez is just right. I’m glad it’s gone.

1 Like

So… a must pick?

I would prefer it if they put single Rez on a resource meter. If that isn’t possible, then just buff her current kit.

I think this is the best course of action, honestly.

Or this.

For people criticizing the premise of the thread - it’s limited for a reason.

Mercy discussion is a mess right now. Blizzard couldn’t move forward if they wanted to because there’s no consensus about what people want, other than a revert that won’t happen.

This thread is meant to get a read on a major point of contention in this mess: is Rez important enough to Mercy’s kit and Overwatch as a whole to justify balancing her around it, or should Rez be abandoned in favor of a new direction for Mercy?

1 Like

I mean I made a thread of a non-rez thing I’d be fine with but it just fell down the forums so idk.

I’m willing to give up rez to make Mercy the undisputed queen of all healing in the entire game.

I get why it is limited like that… but he indirectly claimed that one of the most obvious solutions in this case wasn’t an option. Then the two options he left in place are the two worst options possible.

of COURSE he’s going to get told his question is bad… because it is.

It kind of is, speaking as a Mercy main. Blizzard is clearly struggling with how to balance it and its preventing the hero from sitting in a comfortable position between trash tier and must pick.

Rez is a fun idea, but just too restrictive from a balancing perspective. Let her exist as something more than a rezbot

1 Like

I wouldn’t say a majority of Mercy mains would want the old ultimate back. Personally, and among many others I’ve spoken to about it, the old mass rez was horrendous. It encouraged a ridiculous type of gameplay—run and hide, and not to mention, you were held extremely accountable if you failed to do so.

Valkyrie is a good ult, there just needs to be tweaks made. For some reason Blizzard refuses to remove rez. I’m not sure if it’s because they can’t come up with a good replacement, or if the rez is far too tied into the lore for Mercy, but they would rather sacrifice things like her healing capability or the chance to be creative with something new, rather than remove rez.

In most situations she’s kind of a bad pick now. I can barely see her as a primary healer anymore, which is unfortunate, because she was really the only, truly dedicated healer before (since you have Moira that needs to DPS to continue healing, and Ana players tend to be a little trigger happy when it comes to DPSing as well, though you can’t blame them to occasionally take shots).
It’s been a while since the 50 HP nerf. I’m not sure if Blizzard plans on making certain changes unless a new hero makes it that she NEEDS a change even more than she already does. Hope for the best?

It’d depend on what the reasoning was for it not returning but, I’d be leaning towards leaving it as is at this point.

I’m not a fan of rez on E but, I’m also not a fan of the decision making of the lead developer/his balance team.

If they don’t have a solid reasoning beyond their view that mass res should be removed in my view it would be a continuation of a sub-optimal approach when it comes to support heros.

I think another ability could do better on E but, I don’t think that under the current design the lead developer and his balance team can deliver on that. (If Blizzard would borrow staff from one of the other teams or base the work on a community idea it could work but, under their current directives I don’t think it’s likely that the lead developer and his balance team are likely enough to do a good job of it for it to be worth the risk.)

A portion of the player base do actually like using res on e and by changing it you’d likely be messing up the character for them.

1 Like

It’s meant to be a “bad question” because the entire purpose of it is to determine what Mercy fans would prefer in the instance that they could not receive their preferred fixes.

The purpose of the hypothetical scenario was to limit the possible answers, for reasons you seem to understand. While I did not specifically state that some form of compromise res would be impossible in this scenario, it’s quite clear that was the intention.

If you and others wish to take issue with the specific wording of my post, you are of course more than free to do so. But ultimately, it does very little to actually contribute to this discussion and feels much more like a needless semantic argument than anything of substance.