Question for all the nerf doomfist people

Doomfist went to the trash can a while ago because of nerfs. Then they buffed it, nerfed it, blah blah blah, and here we are, with the nerf doomfist topic. I have a question (but I wanna keep building up before that)
Did you see what happened to sym?
“Oh no she’s too powerful please nerf”… She had literally no major changes since rework, people started to play her because double barrier was extremely convenient for her, they nerfed her and here we are.
Where’s sym? In the trashcan of course
My question is, do you want to see the same thing happening to doomfist AGAIN?
I understand if you don’t wanna see big boi doom in your matches so you don’t get uppercut into punch but still… I just don’t get it

I can see people who will say things like “he’s broken” and on the other hand people who say “well they just don’t know how to counter him” or “asking for nerfs is dumb couse he’s not even that good” and… Yeah, but I went to a conclusion were the solutions of counter doomfist just make people salty and they don’t even try.
So instead of complaining about “yes nerf” or “no nerf pls learn how to counter” can I just ask why you wanna see a hero in the trash again just like what happened to sym?

5 Likes

Nerfing him won’t do anything. If he’s f-tier, he’ll get buffed right back to here.

He needs a rework.

4 Likes

Well then, what would you propose then? Take in mind he still needs to use the gauntlet for something (not gonna count “put melee animation into the gauntlet” lol

He probably would be turned into a tank of some sort since he already has the hitbox and health pool for it.

Probably would sacrifice some mobility for some tankiness and more team-based abilities.

1 Like

The problem is he’s either oppressive and god-tier or trash and a throw pick. There needs to be a middle ground somewhere.

This is also Blizzard we’re talking about so we’re screwed.

8 Likes

Doomfist needs a rework on his abilities

He’s either too toxic to play against, or trash. There’s never been a solid middle ground with him

1 Like

Sure but I’d love to see your abilities concept of tank doomfist

I’d thought about this and the only way I see is DRASTICALLY reducing his dmg output while also reducing his cooldowns. This way doomfist deals less dmg but is more consistent since he’s a hero who does tons of dmg and then he does none. In this case they’ll definitely need to make him a bit more stationary, otherwise he’ll be a better tracer in the mosquito fact.

1 Like

With the nerf to shields and buff to personal survivability I have to believe Doom is going to be, in general, f-tier again next patch. We shall see.

1 Like

I think you know what the answer to that will be from most people.

Yes she did.

Why do people keep ignoring this?

She had her beam length increased, she had her beam tickrate fixed, she had her damage buffed, among other changes. This significantly made her kill things, much, faster.

Small changes on paper = high impact in practice.

1 Like
  • Seismic slam shouldn’t tick up damage if you’re sliding on a roof.
  • If they took Brig’s ability to propel herself off of ramps and inclines, why did they still allow Doom to do so? :thinking:
  • Make his abilities move him a little slower. Currently he can essentially fly and moves very erratically.
  • A lot of Doom’s success relies on him landing Seismic Slam. Slam needs a more audible cue when it’s activated not when it lands.
  • He currently has the most accurate shotgun in the game and he can animation cancel shooting it. Adding recovery time after firing a shot would allow for some kind of reaction/counterplay or maybe just increase its spread.

These are my suggestions, however fruitless. My preferred solution is to flat out delete him from the game. He’s stupid and broken. Take Hanzo and Widow with him while we’re fantasising.

Using the, “Well c’mon, suggest ideas to change him then!” to decry people taking issue with his design is a bit of a cop out because it isn’t the community’s job to design him. Additionally, someone can have an issue with a stupidly designed hero without having compiled a list of changes, concept art and a biography. No matter what people do or say, Blizzard still pulls the trigger on any changes.

The sheer amount of people saying it’s BS should be enough and Blizzard has access to real data while we only have anecdotes.

Edit: Additionally, if anyone thinks my suggestions would “put him in the bin”. Please remember that I’m being generous and the bin is where I want him to be.

2 Likes

I don’t remember this. Can you give me that patch?

Bug fixes Don’t count, it’s like saying “fixed a bug where bastion wouldn’t heal”. Things that need to work and get fixed are not buffs

I only remember the dmg buff when she was reworked into sym 3.0 and I’m just taking in consideration after sym 3.0 was live. Yeah she got the ignore armor buff but that was more to counter goats instead of buffing her (it didn’t work). Also take in mind that she was good because of the ammo regeneration while shooting shields. If the meta would’ve been dive, she wouldn’t get any nerfs because she wouldn’t be effective. Also sym is kind of a team effort when full charge (just like bastion or zaryab full charge) so trying to 1v1 her when full charge is dumb.

Then how would you get to max dmg?

I agree with this, it could be because he’s a DPS while Brig and moira (yeah moira had one) are supports but then why did they removed genji’s super jump and triple jump? (Idk if you know about this. It was very early on the game)

I think it’s his playstile, maybe Nerf the speed but not the range that he moves (?) But he’ll need some compensation

Uh sure but… I think it’s loud enough, not like rocket punch but…
Anyway he’s not gonna kill you with a seismic slam, he’ll probably uppercut to shotgun but at the time he uppercuts you clearly have time to react, sure if you’re a support different from Brig or Moira you can’t escape but if you’re like a mccree who got the combo then there’s no excuse for missing the stun

This is probably the dumbest complain I’ve heard about him lmao. Have you seen doomfist ever relying on his shotgun? I’ve only seen that when he’s hacked couse he can’t do anything else and I think he’s pretty useless. The only moment I see that thing being used is when he gets out and does some dmg to shield or whatever, or after slam or uppercut.

Lmao, I hate Hanzo too but. Chill :slight_smile:

It’s not the community’s job to design him but it’s the community’s job to identify the problem and give solution to it. If doomfist doesn’t work correctly you should say at least 1 of the worst things he has and what to replace it with
I may do my own doomfist rework soon… Soon…

i don’t think nerfing an overtuned hero to a normal, balanced level should put him in “the trashcan”. But it seems like a lot of people exclusively want to play heroes with huge K/D potential like Doomfish, so if he got nerfed in any way and became more challenging in any way they would stop playing him completely. Then his pickrate would drop, and blizzard would sound the alarm again and buff him again. it’s a vicious circle. The problem is balancing heroes based on pick rate or even win rate rather than some other empirical criteria.

Like, some heroes are blatantly obviously overtuned based on their abilities alone (like Mei), but then they get buffed even more just because they have lower pickrate than other heroes. Meanwhile, the pickrate stays low because the community genuinely hates the hero because of how powerful it’s become, or how cheesy its’ abilities are, or whatever - they just have no interest playing that hero. Blizzard sees low pickrate and buffs the hero again. That’s not balancing, that’s mismanagement.

It came out August 9, 2019. I dont remember the exact patch number.

Yes, they do count. They drastically changed how she functions and how she damaged enemies.

No, not really. This also affected Zarya’s beam as well. It dramatically made them deadlier; they wouldn’t have ignored it even if she wasn’t meta. They nerfed Torbjorn’s alternative fire because it was actually too strong, and he has never been close to meta.

I play Symm. I actually enjoy her. I’ll charge my beam off of someone on the team and then chase after others with a fully charged beam. It’s not that the enemy tried to 1v1 me. I isolated them to 1v1 them, and it was VERY easy to kill people when the tickrate fix hit live.

Neglecting how impactful the tickrate fix was, even if it wasn’t a specific buff to Zarya, is dishonest.

Sym always will always be a target, unfortunately, but doomfist…his kit isnt like anything else.
The only one’s that should be able to one shot a hero are the snipers, not someone’s giant metal fist.

He was a problem even before the meta. My fellow silver plebs can do his combos. Maybe not well, but they can still get at least one kill and almost make it out with a snippet of health.

I dunno the Dooms you vs but the good ones sneak in shotgun shots between combos and then immediately cancel it with another cooldown. EG Slam + shot + uppercut. The shot in the middle there doesn’t even play because you can cancel it immediately. It’s a free 50-150ish damage and just looks like he slammed + uppercutted you.
Due to this, I also think his shotty damage could come down a little.

Why should it?

Mate I’ve been here since beta.

I’m not sure you’re reading my suggestions well enough.

Problem:

With doomfist you need use his body as weapon and is really hard to master he takes way too much time

With Sym you can camp most of the time with the sentries to get ur kills

So unless you increase the skill-celling of Sym i dont think she is allowed be on same caliber as him

iirc jeff said there would be no reworks until overwatch 2

so, for doomfist, he has an insta kill and his only non-cc ability is his primary fire
since theyre not gonna do reworks, they can nerf him to f tier and let him rot for all I care

I would rework him into a Tank. He has the Hitbox and CC to work as a Tank. All he needs would be damage-output nerfs and health-buffs. Maybe buff his passive aswell.

I want him out of the game.

His kit is fundamentally flawed, which is why he keeps going from OP to useless. He can’t be balanced. There are several characters like this. The kits are just poorly designed.

I would rather he be usless than OP. When he’s weak, only the people that play him suffer. When he is OP everyone else suffers.