Question for all the nerf doomfist people

Right? Someone who understands me lol
But people can’t do anything but say he’s to easy course they get one shot. I also think they’ve never tried doomfist before

Doomfist main don’t suffer
Oh btw. He’s not op. Specially when I hack him

Yet almost every single one of the tens of thousands of players encompassing the 99th percentile disagrees. That’s crazy. Maybe they should git gud :frowning:

What’s needed is an ability or hero that allows players to survive Doomfist’s combo potential.

Zarya’s bubbles are a good place to start but they don’t last long enough and she only gets 1 that she can give to her allies, plus it’s exclusive only to Zarya. Maybe give a similar ability to other heroes/classes? Or an ability that grants temporary HP boosts beyond normal limits will allow victims of Doomfist’s combos to survive his onslaught.

It’s either that or nerfing Doomfist’s damage, cooldowns, HP or anything involving only him.

Edits for spelling, grammar and structure.

Sym isn’t a good comparison. Even with people complaining about her before her nerfs, Reaper and Doom were both still far superior. The only other thing she brought to this meta was her ult, imo. She wasn’t super powerful in double barrier, she is in fact, very weak against it because she can’t do much when there are constant shields. Adding a third barrier that eclipses all other barriers in terms of strength was her only saving grace.

And then, you charge your beam, put up a wall, then get punched into an actual wall, because Doomfist is stupid.

She is not and never has been on the same level of power as Doomfist. To even make that comparison is one of the biggest reaches I’ve seen in quite a while.

And after all that she’s gone back to being one of the worst heroes you could pick.
Hell even after the beam changes Doomfist just runs her over like nothing.

Dont go talking about nerfs and trash tier like doomfist and sym havnt ever been viable. You want to talk pointless nerfs sombra has become a glorified star wars meme and doomfist players helped that along

I disagree. Sym and Doom are better DPS than Sombra in terms of kill potential, but Sombras existence can turn some heroes into genuine throw picks (Doom, Hammond, Zen).

Hack and EMP will never not be strong.

Doomfist is basically a failed design.

When he was released it was full of bugs, for good and bad. That way Doomfist were able to hit you even if there was a car or part of the scenario betwen you and him. In any case the fact that he was a brawler, that the upercut was letting you without the chance to do anything against it and having a one shot kill ability made him one of the most hated characters in overwatch. There were, by that time, even articles from the forbes magazine with the title “why Doomfist is the most hated hero”.

Then after some adjustments and nerfs he went to oblivion, now the meta and some adjustments more and indirect buffs made him unstroppable. The only counter to a Doomfist is basically another doomfist.

He doesnt need buffs or nerfs, he needs a serious rework. One where the develop team can think twice about his place in this game. Same happened with brig for example. Doomfist is not the only flawled design from blizzard, one that you pointed out was sym, or even bastion if you allow me to say it.

Yes I agree with you in one thing, same as symm, you change this or that and she is trash or he is trash and then he dominates and theres never a middle ground. That should give us a hint of … how can a character be so badly designed that his kit can be so dominating or so weak without a middle ground.

Basically when you have a character that is so realiant on his ability set you obtain that. About the hate, I cannot help it, basically cause i understand people that want to play the game. And let me develop this idea a bit more please…

I can understand the frustration of playing against him, same as mei, symm or other characters basically cause…
In a first perspective game theres a stronger identification with your character, everybody knows that is bad design when you take, in such kind of games, the control away from the player.

That losing control, been pushed freezing etc (not only to doomfist) causes more frustration to players cause they feel defendlessness. So any character whose abilities are based on stripping your character abilities from you can be frustrating and lead you to such kind of bad feeling.

If you think about it doomfist was shut down by sombra in the past. The enemy team picked up a doomfist you could pick a sombra just focusing on doomfist and the doomfist was…done. Exactly the same as picking a doomfist made anas or zen to change or live a hell of a game without the chance to fight back.

My point, my dear friend, is that this game is full of characters that are hard counters, that are so skill based that today they are trash tomorrow they dominate, that the game feels terrible lot of times, that random sources of damage is populating the game and, honestly making the game feel terrible and also adding frustration to the playerbase. I think that it could be good for all if Doomfist design is taken a good look, so doomfist players can play him without going from 0 to 10, and the rest of players could play the game without having so much sources of cc around.
It could be better for the playerbase, for doomfist players and for the general feeling of the game, to be honest.

I’m ok with DF being a niche/not a pick. Granted, I don’t like anything about DF. Not when he was introduced, not when he was nerfed, not when he was op, not when he was “balanced”. Don’t think I’ll ever like what this hero brings to the game.

Just doesn’t feel like he fits.

1 Like

Doomfist has top-tier:

• Damage
  • Mobility
  • Crowd control
    …and is tanky on top of that (The Best Defense…).

My recommendations:

• Scrap Hand Cannon and The Best Defense…
  • Take the cooldown off Rocket Punch and make it his primary attack
    *Remove Uppercut’s floatiness
    Results: Doomfist’s skill ceiling and opportunities for counterplay both go way up.