Put Reaper's Normal Voice in all Modes (775+ Likes)

Really no reason not to put it in. Anyone who plays this game should know what Reaper’s lines are, so it wouldn’t be that confusing to hear him with a more human voice. And the only thing the enemy has to listen for is “Die die die” and “Reaper-sitioning”, so they should know who those lines belong to even with a different voice.

They’ve already shown they’ve prerecorded most of his lines for Retribution. Just substitute those for his old lines for his human skins and were gucci.

2 Likes

I’m really disappointed that this has to be asked for. Why would Blizzard record all of the lines with the normal voice and then not tie them to the pre-Reaper skins? Blizzard, please make this happen. You already have the voicelines recorded, you already have the ability to make voicelines skin-specific, and you already have tons of us that want this change. Make it happen. Please.

3 Likes

don’t hold me to this–but i heard from somebody that blizz is working on this, and we just don’t know when it’s happening. i could be completely wrong, but either way… i agree. please give us more gabriel blizz i’m beggin here

All my yes.

I’m fairly certain it’s going to be added. In the video posted on YouTube by Noone182 that has all the Reyes voice lines they could find in the game files, there are a lot not used in Retribution. Ones for

• Enemy sighted- literally “enemy sighted”
  • Being on fire- “I’m on fire”
  • Respawning- “that could’ve gone better” “let’s try that again” “this is going well”
  • Probably card upvotes- “whatever” “right” “where’s my statue?”
  • General ones for eliminating someone- “laugh are you even trying?” “I’m not impressed” “laugh that’s it?” “target practice”
  • Compliments for teammates when they eliminate someone- “not bad” “good one”
  • Picking up health packs- “much better” “patched up” “I needed that” and two or three sighs
  • Unknown- “I’m never gonna hear the end of this am I?” “fly casual” (Star Wars ref yessss) “annoyed voice Jesse” “who knows where this goes” “not this way” “no way out over here” “good, b’cuz I’m gonna need you, Jesse” “point taken”

Plus probably a few I’ve forgotten.

1 Like

What if we do the same for Ana? She has a skin or two when she was younger, just like with Reaper and Soldier, so if this does get added can we do her as well?

That would be pretty cool! A ‘young voice’ update. :stuck_out_tongue: They actually might have to space out adding them though. Voice files are pretty big…

Maybe they could do Genji and Hanzo too? I’m not really holding my breath for any more, but yeah, Ana and Soldier’s younger skins would be cool with matching younger voices if they ever got around to it. :slight_smile: And revert Hanzo’s young ones to his young voice and maybe give Genji a non-filtered voice for his Sparrow and Young skins.

They don’t sound as different as Reaper/Gabriel, but it would be a nice addition if they did Gabriel. I would like a young Ana and Jack voice especially. Just Gabriel is enough for me though if the rest is too much. :slight_smile:

I just wanna know how hes from LA but has a Texas accent.

I just wanna know how hes from LA but has a Texas accent.

You mean the character? Keith Ferguson (the VA) is from California and lives there now and Gabriel is supposed to be from there. I hadn’t noticed that accent. :hushed: I’m not too good with some American accents though.

1 Like

Yeah, the character. I didnt know anything about where the voice actor is from. His voice is fine I really like but the first thing I thought when I heard it was “Holy cow Reaper is Texan?” lol.

Edit: To me, at least, he sounds like he has an Texan or maybe a slight Arkansas accent.

I don’t know exactly what a Californian accent sounds like so I guess I couldn’t say x)

But yah! His voice is pretty cool. :smiley:

probably they will, why record all the voice lines for only 1 event? they are just waiting for something (I don’t know what)

Maybe they’re waiting til being able to play Retribution is over, perhaps people will be kinda used to it by then, idk. If they’re gonna make it client-side/team only though that doesn’t matter.

If it isn’t client-side/team only I’m curious what his ult will be to the enemy. I kinda can’t see him saying “die die die” in his normal voice, but anything else would probably be too different. Even “die die die” in his normal voice could be too different…
I honestly wish he would say it in Spanish, though we don’t even know if he canonically speaks Spanish. Plus that would be extra confusing, on top of adding the normal voice. ashdfkhsdfkd idk

(I’m posting on this too much, hELP)

Is 4 days long enough to boop this post? (I know his voice is probs gonna be added, just wanna keep this maybe being seen)

Boop!

Good job spending the word :slight_smile:

Why is this still not a thing???

I was kind of disappointed when his “Pathetic” voiceline didn’t play in Retribution. Guess they haven’t recorded that one yet.

3 Likes

Same. And “Revenge is sweet.”

Man I really want this for his Blackwatch and Soldier: 24 skins

lol? he doesnt sound texan at all

this please as someone who uses the blackwatch skin a lot i would love it

1 Like

they all sound practically the same, it wouldn’t make as much sense as it does with reaper

1 Like