Put Reaper's Normal Voice in all Modes (775+ Likes)

I actually expected to have his normal voice in all mask-less skins during all gameplay. I brought his new legendary skin for this very reason, and was disappointed to discover that was not the case.

1 Like

Yeah. Especially Genji and Hanzo. Ana sounds a bit old, and Soldier’s voice is scratchy/rough but it isn’t really enough of a difference to add another voice for them.

Since Reaper has the edgy voice-changing mask it sounds a lot different.

For me, the difference isn’t enough for confusion. Perhaps if only the user could hear the difference, and for everyone else it was the Reaper version - then that would be wonderful! Honestly for me it’s not the tone of the voicelines that gets trouble - it’s if the dialogue itself changes. I think there would be less confusion no matter what with Reaper vs. Soldier: 24/Reyes than with Junkenstein’s ONE voice-line “Get ready for a shock!”.

1 Like

Yeah. Maybe Blizz could do a poll or something for what people prefer? Though an option is probably best.

Default could be everyone hearing the new voice, but when you login there’s a notification that you can change it so you always here the Reaper voice. Or vice versa (unless the enemy Reaper is using a masked skin).

1 Like

Booping this post again cuz why not.

608 likes and not a single Orange/Blue.

2 Likes

still waiting for a response from blizzard about this :neutral_face: rip reaper’s real voice

2 Likes

I temporarily forgot about this because the time frame for Blizz to act on has already passed. I have noticed that if Blizz is to change something it is either right away (like they did with the Hanzo skin) or never.

1 Like

Bump. A reminder for Blizzard that this needs to happen.

1 Like

Boop.

Crying because it looks like Blizz forgot about this.

I’m booping this too much Blizz please I don’t want this to die ;-;

i agree with this :slight_smile:

1 Like

« When you try your best but you don’t succeed »

1 Like

Maybe we should take it to Reddit. Someone probably already has at some point, but maybe we should revive it there. The staff seems more active on there than here at times.

I just wish we knew if Blizz is working on it or not. Maybe it’ll be added next Archives, that would be better than nothing, but why wait that long? Perhaps they’re busy with other things, but it seems like they could take the time to add a thing so small-but-awesome as this. I don’t know how easy it is, but since so many of his lines were added in Retribution it seems at least not that hard. There’s the client-side thing for the problem of people not recognizing it, so Blizz can’t be hung up on that.

I can’t see any reason they’re not adding it other than they

• ran into a bug/problem (in this case, tell us people begging for it that’s it’ll come eventually/give us an update)
  • haven’t gotten around to it (could be a thing)
  • don’t care and never will add it (hopefully not this one
)
  • (super speculation/hopeful/dreaming one) are recording interactions of Reyes with other heroes, maybe with the younger skins of Jack, Ana, Rein, Torb, and Tracer. Also maybe they’re making a ‘young voice update.’

That last one isn’t very likely, but one can dream

Jeff pls ;-; I feel weird begging for a thing so small, but it would be a great extra. It should’ve been added already, it seems a given, another reason I feel weird begging for it. Reaper/Gabriel is one of my favorite characters and I love playing him. This would make his two Reyes skins a lot more, I don’t know, believable? can’t think of the word
 Realistic? That’s probably the word I’m looking for.

I dont have a reddit account but, if anyone would like to shift this over to reddit, feel free :slight_smile:

Revival from the thread grave

1 Like

I have a Reddit account but I’m afraid I wouldn’t do it right
 :stuck_out_tongue: I’m fairly new there. Anyone want to try getting it noticed there? If that fails then
 rip Reyes’ beautiful voice til Blizz digs it up and is like “OH SNAP WHY DIDN’T WE EVER ADD THIS?!”

They seriously could not have asked any more nice.

Well that’s a thing
 Uh, I guess we could change the name from petition then? OP isn’t asking for replies as votes though, they’re implying the likes to be votes. But perhaps that’s the same.

This is mainly a feature request, maybe this isn’t the place for it, I don’t know. I’m not on the forums often. I just really want his voice to be added. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Welp, rip this.

For now.