Publish the Matchmaking Algorithm

But I’m not commenting on just the statement “security through obscurity”? The opposition to security through obscurity, as a mantra, means you shouldn’t rely on simply hiding the information. That certainly doesn’t mean you should just reveal it though.

What does this have to do with what I said though?

It’s fundamentally similar to obfuscation and obscurity? It’s the concept of hiding and protecting information? If you genuinely can’t make the connection, I don’t know what more to tell you.

1 Like

Oh now the guy will try to bore me to death with first grade rhetoric.

I have a suggestion, if you find you have dug yourself into a hole: stop digging.
I already mention cheerleader’s I think? They are cute but oftentimes pretty boring.

Right. Just respond to my points bud. I’m really not interested in your attempts to deflect.

Roflcopter… I think the forums are more toxic then the average DPS smurf… :joy:

That’s not true. Nobody is getting 75sr for a win lol that’s absurd and not possible unless its initial placements.

If your MMR is well above your SR and you win you’re going to get absurdly large gains. I have, personally, seen gains for over 50sr on multiple occasions.

Here is a game where the guy got 137sr:

1 Like

Okay but why are you showing a Q2 2017 source?

Have you ever had a T500 widow smurf on your team in gold? I can assure you they DEFINITELY get 50-75 SR for win in gold/plat games.

Masters Smurf’s get like 35-50… GM/T500 get like 40-75… Depending on how badly they destroy the enemy team.

1 Like

Holy broken system batman.

Tank role shows how loosely that is for sure. Bronze tanks against Plat tanks while I’m queued on my Gold DPS.

So this is how it’s okay for Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Plat to all be in the same match? Oof that’s some wonky averaging.

So if you’re stuck take a break. Grinding is counter intuitive.

So again playing off meta/low pickrate heroes actually helps you climb since there’s less data to compete against.

1 Like

Monster stated that it was “absurd and not possible” to which I gave proof that it was indeed possible. The date is very much irrelevant.

If I look hard enough I’m sure I could come up with more recent examples showing sr gains at or above 50.

Lol yeah, they can title it “bad players blame this all the time instead of getting better”

I had a 75+sr reward on my smurf account last season. Conditions: hard throw 5 placement games, try hard first post placement gain. Watch 75+SR gain.

edit: I was using the account to experiment with how SR worked. I’ve found that there’s a lot of inconsistencies with blue/green posts as well as what forum users claim to be the rule of the land.

1 Like

The date is very much relevant when it’s known the matchmaker & mmr calculations have changed over the years. Yes, sr gains in that range can & do happen, but using out of date evidence doesn’t prove it.

This is history. No longer the system

Mathematically the software does not allow people with 1000 SR gaps to queue. Someone who is 1455 will NEVER play with someone who is 2655.

Wellllll… Someone being 2420 after losing 4 games straight below 2500 still has their Platinum emblem. That’s not indicative of them being plat.

Hasn’t this always been the advice though?

Probably… But if you’re not skilled enough to perform on that hero you’re going to become the weak link in your team and soft throw.

No it’s 100% possible, you’re just not allowed to group beyond 1,000 sr.

Mmmmmmmm…

So you’re saying 1,000 SR gaps are allowed? When did this change?

Personally I’ve never seen it…

I don’t know if/when it were changed or if it’s always been possible. But I do know multiple times in the past few seasons when I queue with a silver friend on a plat role that we’ll run into bronze players potentially on either team.

And yet I am playing games daily with Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Plat all in the same lobby. I agree, with the published information it should be mathematically impossible.

Then they shouldn’t have the plat symbol if they are in fact not plat.

15 minutes vs 2-3 weeks is a big difference

But if you’re carried and 1 win nets you more than 3 losses loses, profit.

:woman_shrugging:t2: They have to be within the 1000 SR range then… The times I’ve experienced this, they have been. Harder to tell with locked profiles though.

Hence why MY opinion of high Elo starts at masters. When you drop below 3500, you’re instantly demoted to Diamond. You don’t get 5 extra games to feel special and rage baby/rank shame.

Fair… But most people who want to climb will prefer to grind and gamble.

Sure but you still need to outperform the other players of that hero in your Elo. That said, WyomingMyst actively says the MM rules are no longer like that sooooo… I’d still heavily recommend NOT doing this. But let me know if it works :slight_smile:

That’s unbalanced and unfair/unreasonable and should change.

And you’re smurfing :laughing::woman_facepalming:t2::frowning:

In what sense am I smurfing exactly?

(Also it’s not just in lower ranks. I’ll have diamond players in the same matches as upper t500)