Public profiles in competitive please

We have. And it’s not

1 Like

read past 10 comms
best roast I have seen on here.

hilarious how hard ppl try to justify picking symm attack everywhere
just ban this ppl

I guarantee they will make some cheap excuse though kappa

So in conclusion, what the CoC say and what Jeff and other devs say completley contradict each other, thus leaving the players in utter confusion over this mess because they simply cannot get their own rules straight out enough for people to understand them.

That is sad.

Literally read everything you guys posted from what the devs said and it just simply is not straight foward enough. They say one thing, but then say another. People should not have to contantly question rules with different variations of their ideals. Rules need to be simple and understandable for all yet I see are confused players and so many issues with it myself.

It is intentional. If most people knew that you could report anyone for any reason, that would create problems. That is why Blizzard lied about it being automated and lied about false reports being punished. The system would actually work moderately well if it were not abused. The issue is they underestimated how toxic this community was despite needing to beg people to not be toxic. I pretty much blame them for the problem on that basis alone. I am not even mad at the people who false report as it is only a natural consequence of such an exploitable system.

1 Like

So in conclusion, i am glad private profiles shield most players from toxic would-be micromanagers

4 Likes

Simple. It all lies in the third word. Intentionally

Me playing who I want is not “intentionally” detracting from your enjoyment.

It can potentially be an unfortunate side effect, sure, but I have no control over that. I’m not trying to get you upset. I’m not trying to make the game harder. In fact, I’m trying to do the exact opposite, to be the biggest contribution to the team I can be… While also playing the hero I want to.

This is what it comes down to in the end. Intent vs Reality.

Blizzard does not and should not punish based on results, so long as the intent was pure enough.

Also, feel free to read the entire thing you quoted

Restricting their gameplay, you say?

Such as restricting what heroes you deem them worthy of playing? :thinking:

3 Likes

Yeah it is, read it again and slowly this time. Then google some terms.
Then apologize.

Cause what you are trying to justify is neither respectful or trying to win for that matter.
It is actually feeding intentionally and knowingly not only being a uncooperative a hole. Nowhere near respectable or creating a enjoyable environment for 5 others.

1 Like

They have punished false reporters…this is not a lie

It hasnt happened nearly often enough, imo, but it has happened

No thanks. I never want to go back to teammates threatening me for not picking my most played heroes.

4 Likes

Me neither, MZ…

3 Likes

Hmm no. I have some stellar Brig and Orisa play, but I really am over playing them right now. I just want to enjoy playing Mei and work on improving my Mcree.

I am not going to have someone tell me to swap and play Orisa when I don’t enjoy playing her anymore.

How about you focus on yourself or find a bunch of like minded individuals where you all know what each other plays so private profiles aren’t an issue?

1 Like

That is def a problem as you can clearly see here lol. I mean, I have never seen such a thing before regarding rules and regulations for a game that promote confusion and miswording flaws among the gamers reading their own CoC.

What kind of help is that? Blizzard has to stop that and start laying it out flatly. I feel you though. I do. This whole system has issues so I am not surprised. They seriously need help in communication.

1 Like

I suppose. Only the people who do it on camera and have an audience. There is literally no way for them to monitor regular players. It is just scare tactics to get normal players to think twice about reporting people who are not blatantly breaking the rules. The issue with time is that more people are learning how it works and that emboldens them to abuse it. It is relatively common knowledge here on the forums, but fortunately most people have no idea the extent of it.

Whats up nova long time no see lul.

I think what the code of conduct, and the ingame said as well as what I read off jeff a while back aligns pretty well.
If you think about it, things too precisely is not good either as ppl will interpret things differently in then demand a ban or something.

For this reason I assume they added “Acceptable behavior is determined by player reports and Blizzard’s decision, and violating these guidelines will result in account and gameplay restrictions.”
Basically saying if the community doesn’t like you, you are wrong and can get banned. Which is democracy effectively.

1 Like

Actually, there are very simple/easy ways to monitor and detect false reporting

However

They take money time and resources

At a time when Blizzard is reducing staff

1 Like

They are not contradicting each other.

By logging into the game, people agree to follow the general EULA, which says you have to follow the COC and “in-game policies.” Both the EULA and COC are general rules intended to cover every Blizzard product, and games are allowed to have game-specific rules (“in-game policies”) to further define what is acceptable in specific games.

COC says you are not allowed to grief, throw, or feed. However, I don’t see where in the COC that defined those terms. The only place that defines those terms for Overwatch are developer (Jeff/Scott) statements and in game report descriptions. All of those explicitly and unanimously states that one-tricking / refusing to switch and playing poorly are not considered griefing, throwing, or feeding.

It is the same as traffic speed laws. There is a maximum speed limit across all roads, and more restrictive speed limits for specific areas. Blizzard has general EULA to cover all products, and specific rules to cover clarification / exceptions for specific products.

Of course. The good news is I suspect they do in fact have a system in place to detect potential false reporters and while it does not punish them, it makes their reports less valuable.

Just check the report against the amount of reports and reasons the player got reported and against the average of all players.

If someone sends reports often, no one else seems to match they false reporting pretty simple.

And hello again to you aha

In all truth? Both you and the others you were debating with have great points in regards to how the system should work, but sadly, blizzard has you and the others at both ends because one said one thing and the other said another, when in reality, mixing both of what you said and what the others has said together, make the most logical sense.

I see what they are trying to imply and regulate, but it is still contridictory to themselves and sends everyone in a swirl I feel. Like you said here:

Yet then they say:

I mean, it’s confusing and can lead to disarry. They say one thing, but then another. Just like how they said feeding, griefing, throwing etc. is unnacceptable yet allow players to not report those for not switching off a hero if said player by default is playing poorly and feeding even though they are trying, which again is not reportable. THEN they tell you “well I mean, if you aren’t sure…don’t do it”

Insert Jackie Chan face meme

I mean…yah haha

That is the issue my friend. Nobody is clear. If you ask people what “feeding” is, I think most will tell you:

“intentionally/unintentionally giving ult charge to opponents” so, if that term we know is incorrect and Blizz has in their heads another idea for this term, then they need to let us know I feel as this is feeding and they say it is unacceptable.