Public Apology: Role Queue has hurt this game

Because negatives are not necessarily things that are present. They can also be things that are absent.

4 Likes

they’ve tend us to be forced teamplayers like you know 2-2-2 is a “great” team composition to interact each other, but then they hide most important info, and you can just imagine what current player will do this game at your team with his hidden profile. I think open profiles were part of teamplay aswel, but if they are fighting against toxicity caused by this, so overall teamplay is causing similar behaviour and hide profiles will not solve anything but forgive most shenanigans agains teamplay.

True, the games were harder now. Not that i’m complaining, though. :laughing:

1 Like

Okay, are you sure? Where else should you get those infos from? CJ reddit posts?

Well, if it apeals to the majority, yes. Yu might voice your opinion and maybe the mood swings and the majority stops supporting it.

Brig? Yah for sure. She was just a bit overpowerd, like Anas nano or sombra that got emps in like 10s.
Its hard to predict how a new hero will impact the game.

Never said they cant change thire mind, OP is an example. Yet do we have any prove that there are more players not likening it? After all at lunch most players liked it.

Yep, and they changed it, they noticed that it was bad and did something against it.

But yah, lates wait even further. I dont mind.
And if it truly shows that 2 2 2 is bad for the game, they surely will react to it.

Mhh, i also aint missing anything.

Interactions like reporting sym OTPs, throwing if mercy main wanted to learn a new hero or making players do the oposite of talking with each other but rather leaving VC.

My point was more that the devs would call any big change a success while the community’s novelty goggles are still on. Sometimes they work (Torb or Hanzo rework), most of the time it slowly moves back to where it was before (Junkrat and Symmetra reworks), and sometimes it’s blatantly clear it didn’t went as smoothly as the devs claim, but they declare is as a success anyway (Mercy).

Role queue clearly divided the community. Claiming everyone or most or few likes or hates it is just wishful thinking.

Blizzard do know how many people stopped playing, how many new players joined, how many old players returned and stayed, how many old players returned and left again. And depending on where those numbers stand, they might have to adjust their plans for the future.

2 Likes

It divided the forum, a smale % of the playerbase. And maybe reddit.
But happy players aint making posts.

The lets wait and see

I said community, not playerbase. Community is the vocal part of the playerbase. AKA, forumites, redditors, youtubers, streamers, pro players, etc.

1 Like

Am I sure there is no valid data? Currently, yes, as you have yet to provide any.

So when the people in Germany during the Holocaust thought that the Jews were responsible for their problems, were they right?

Didn’t really want to resort to this example but you seem to be convinced that majority equals good

I would like to think that at least semi competent devs would be able to avoid the Brig disaster of Season 10. Especially when she had an extremely broken kit that wasn’t hard for people to immediately see she was a problem.

I have not claimed any majority of either side because I know of no valid data to support such a claim.

1 Like

Yah, i just added something to that, that mostly the vocal community is also the one thats unhappy. Can be seen by all the negative posts on the forum im comparison to all the positive ones.

RQ is like , mid ranks are w/e with it (maybe slightly better), cause still people do same crap. There are legit 3dps comps with way better synergy than random 2-2-2. High ranks it’s gucci cause it is way more likely to get well rounded comps but queue time is a joke.

So, now you cant understand that someone is onetricking something with hidden profile? I think it is much easier for now: guy never switch, and hide his profile on top of that, I think he has something to hide, right? So If he is not opened to his team as a person, he is bad person, and he is bad player, so what is he doing in my team? I want him to dissapear. Sending report for throwing. That how it works now, and hidden profiles make it even worse man. Same with mercy otp. If ppl tend to do spam reports, nothing will stop them. When I see mercy otp trying widow, at least I will know it would be hard time for us, and can ask him to poket me bc I know that he can do it, and this would be our wincondition, If I am wrong - report me for bad call, I don’t mind.

1 Like

I was waiting for this claim.
Just so you know it, the NSDAP never had the majority of votes, they never went above 44% and needed to team up with the Zentrum to get the Ermächtigungsgesetz through.
They where even losing votes and where at the blink of dissolving the party.

No sarcasm here, but do you understand how the concept of vocal minority works?

The silent people are not all silent because they are happy. Plenty of silent people once they get bored/annoyed by a game, they just quit without offering any feedback on why.

The silent majority is usually as split as the vocal minority. And you can see a problem arising when people who didn’t used to post start doing so. Those are people who like the game enough that they broke the wall of silence just to give feedback.

2 Likes

The game been in self destruction since the nerf wars and false reports. RQ just was an addition to pour more salt to the wound. Only way to fix this game is fixing the heroes and do proper balance. Problem is are the developers up to the task or is their full focus on OW 2?

Silent majority left the game since 2017 - 2018 once they saw how the game was going to be handled. There’s a reason why Overwatch got such a toxic reputation and also not top gross paid games anymore.

1 Like

What? You are rewriting history. Before role queue, more often than not, I got forced into roles I didn’t want to play.

3 Likes

Not really, so far when refuted you just said “haha no”, thats it.
That means nothing so my statements remain proven true and unrefuted. Its how ot works pal.

Your experience goes against logic and reality therefore they are wrong.
You can still like forced 222 but what I said remains true. Again, re-read OP and if you have any doubts or counters, come up with something of substance, something that is not repeating 1 word ad nauseam. Otherwise you are just wasting time.

Well my opinion is founded in reality and logical conclussions so yeah, its not going to change unless its proven faulty or wrong so yeah.
You can call it a day anytime you want buddy, you lost this argument long ago :rofl:

PS: Fun stuff

Really? Imagine how many unhappy players that left the forum AND the game are making posts :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Thing is they were optional and you made a choice to play it. I’m not saying before role queue was bad, but you still had a choice to flex between tanks, healers and dps. However since some heroes and hybrids got nerf. The flexible of playing other heroes decrease which lead to seeing the same heroes all the time hence OWL.

1 Like

You start this thread with “So I was always an advocate for Role Queue” but 2 days after your registration on this forum (in April, months before role queue release) you posted this: WE DON’T NEED 2-2-2, JUST USE LFG

4 Likes

K