Public Apology: Role Queue has hurt this game

You do not need to apologize about changing your opinion. Its a very mature and human thing to do.

Me personally I was against adding role queue, but now I actually like it.

1 Like

He ain’t the 1st.

I think a better point would be the 2016 US election. The final candidates raced and one got the popular vote, the other didn’t.
Now, that person that got the popular vote, were they the best option? Most would say no, it’s just in comparison people thought they were the lesser evil.

There were choices that could have been potentially better as a whole, did they get get the popular vote? No, but that doesn’t mean they could have been better.

Now think the debate of Role Q vs. the Freedom Q, which one is better? One may have gotten or have the popular vote, does that mean that it is good? Does that mean that the other is better?

Does that mean there is no better solution? No. There are many changes that could have been better for the game and wouldn’t have alienated an entire group of people.

Well what would have been a better idea?
From what i saw, most tanks and supports where unhappy with the stae of ladder outside goats and dds where unhappy with goats.
So i get behind it, why the chose 2 2 2.
Even more, doue to most other ideas where not that great overall.

But if you have an idea, i would love to hear it.
And pls remember what i told you about votes on the nsdap. Its quite sad to read such misinformation.

My bet is the decline started when the balance “hammers” started dropping (30% damage reduction on Hog for example) and the introduction of things like Private Profiles.

Solutions? Easy, keep the casual casual and keep the competitive competitive:

• RQ goes to LFG, regular competitive button is “Flex Queue”.
  • Both LFG and Flex queuers are in the same queue. Averages SR per team apply.
  • Remove Private Profiles in Comp.
  • Add Scoreboards for Competitive.
  • Finish The replay system to save replay to a file.
  • Bonus: Create actual tutorials for each hero (easy things like combos and synergies).

This “hail mary” attempt of forcing things to ALL players when clearly only some need them is bad. Solves 1 problem and creates 3 and frustrates players … specially those players who played the game the way it was supposed to, True Flex Players.

3 Likes

They could have improved LFG.

Eh, blame the education system.

1 Like

And how to make sure the players in the LFG group where not at a disadvantage and do not need to fear to have a troll ruin the 2 2 2?
Flex against 2 2 2 will never work, as it will be even harder to balance.

On a side note, i do belive, if blizz was ever to revert it, the game will lose a lot of tank and support players.

Those are selfish DPS mains that refuses to wait. Thing’s definitely changed though. Also, I can’t believe how much tanks I have encountered that can’t even play tanks. Like, before, when I got a Rein (hog doesn’t count) then that Rein is guaranteed to be good. Now? A rein either holds his shield and never swings or always swings and never shielding.

Pre role queue sucks too though. I play qp classic and I got reminded just how bad it is. Both actually sucks, rq fixes something in exchange for a new problem. Basically, it’s still the same imo.

The first step would require there to be more of an incentive to queue in groups. Make is so solo queuers have the disadvantage by putting stacks against solo queuers.
You can’t really solve the trolling as that will always be a thing, but you can get more people to the join LFG and thus make the chance of getting a troll slimmer. Plus you can make your own group or get a pre-made group of people you trust and like.

To make this easier, you can implement a Guild System.

3 Likes

If you failed to instalock your role faster than your teammates, you had a choice to troll and get reported or be forced to play the character your team tells you to play.

Actually it started quite earlier, but not heavy. When the nerf of Ana was applied was the beginning. All they needed to do was buff heroes hp value so they can withstand incoming damage.

Role queue should be for draft mode, but true LFG should be role queue.

Private profile is debatable considering everyone wanna be a bully about specific mains.

Scoreboard overall would help in every aspect. Many players especially competitive ones knows the difference when not having one.

Replay System to be done is a nice touch, but players needs to realize not everyone would use it to improve themselves.

Tutorials for each heroes shouldn’t be needed for this game. Training room is enough.

Pretty much and they went away from their original design. They don’t want to acknowledge that perhaps because they went quick cash.

Players didn’t have this much problem in the early days, but once the nerf wars started. Only selected heroes were acceptable to be played. This is all Overwatch fault for balancing the game horribly even when feedback told them that’s not a good tweak to implement, but they ignored.

Glad you like that idea Socrates :D.

2 Likes

Couldn’t you get two off-healers/off-tanks before? Or even just one off-healer?
I swear to god, suddenly every bad teamcomp people get is somehow role-queue’s fault.

So far the only drawback for me is the queue times. Might improve as more healers and tanks are added to the game, though the game might be too old by then.

You see these picks because you’re still getting 4 DPS in a game, they’re just picking the other roles to get a faster game, and then playing DPS with a non-DPS character, which hurts the game.

We can really only get a feel for how our team is failing most of the time. It’s not better that Red Team might be worse because they’re all selfish DPS players queuing for a fast game, because then the entire match breaks down to “Which team has fewer DPS players.” Victory by AMM is not meaningful.

1 Like

Exactly, it happens on both sides. People need to stop looking for excuses and concentrate on the one thing they have control over, themselves.

1 Like

You’ve misunderstood me. I’m not rewriting history, and I stood by my statement. You fall under the statement that you were the flex players that took one for the team, the selfless sacrifice action.

DPS players did not understand that there were players like you who sacrifice themselves by playing roles they did not enjoy so that the other DPS players were able to play their game more competitively.

I was tempted to @ you but I wasn’t sure if it works. Besides, I’ve always thought LFG and A Guild System would be good, you just helped complete the concept, which is admittedly a good alternative to what we have now.

But yeah, the credit does go to mostly you.

2 Likes

Testing

@socrates

Testing

1 Like

So, I may not be the best person as I’m still on this thread.

I’ma try @MrTickles

1 Like