Ptr sombra is incredibly fun

Technically this change introduced a bug that melee can no longer interrupt hack, so it’s kind of got its own tradeoff lol

1 Like

Sigh. This literally makes no sense, but I’ll try again.

He didn’t say PTR Sombra should stay invisible while engagements are happening. Nobody is saying that. PTR Sombra has more uptime on her stealth and more freedom with her positioning, so she can be ready to engage whenever it’s most effective or follow up on engages whenever they happen. Live Sombra is the one who has to juggle cooldowns and hope she can make this happen.

Yes, and PTR Sombra will be in position way earlier than that. How could it possibly take her longer to get in position when she has a permanent movespeed buff, instead of a slightly stronger and way shorter one? On top of Translocator now being recoverable anytime, so that you always have access to it when you need to teleport. PTR Sombra will outmaneuver live Sombra in every situation with even the tiniest bit of foresight.

What? What…I just…forget it.

That’s what they’re saying!

Personally, I’m just going to use sombra to throw matches I don’t want to play. Best thing is that if I get called out or reported, all I have to say is “b-but, I was gathering intel.” That’s what everyone and their grandmother suddenly believes so it will work, so long as every so often I tell my team shoes on the enemy team or if theyre doing from the right or left.

Not really… the only nerf now is her speed whilst invisible, and the ability for the enemy to destroy her translocator… whilst you have a multitude of more opportunities; so I can’t see how she’s worse in all ways possible… your argument has no solid ground…

Do you remember what her buff was? I hope you weren’t thinking of the reduction of the 4m and 20m detection as a buff.

1 Like

She is slower -> Can’t make any invis jumps anymore, this means it lowers her skill ceiling.
Translocater destroyable -> Sombra’s will be caught off guard since there is no sound que for when the traslocater is up or down.

Both of these 2 nerfs heavily outweigh infinite stealth and translocater. Translocater was long enough, and stealth was long enough. All they did was make her significantally easier to play, while also lowering her skill ceiling so good Sombra’s can’t do as good.

3 Likes

The translocator nerfs also remove her ability to bait with it. I really will miss doing that.

She was so overpowered with her 2% pick rate and negative winrate until diamond. She enforced her own META so well that she didn’t even have a place in it. That’s how powerful her stealth must have been. /s

3 Likes

You know it took me a while to realize this but it took her a long time to hack that machine… Good thing she didn’t get interrupted and had her hack put on cooldown.

2 Likes

Because despite being fun, sombra contributes little to winning the game, meanwhile genji can be fun and exciting and be able to win games solo, swish swish your team is dead.

I agree that they should put some sort of indication if your translocator gets detritus m, as right now you put it out and on infinite you really do get distracted from, ‘is it still intact?’… it would be nice if it did get detroyed, a brief warning was displayed for you on screen…

Because I can do that already on live, and I can contest points and move faster.

And my translocator doesn’t die with a dinky 5 HP.

That’s why.

2 Likes

Can’t wait for release tomorrow where all these people that have never played sombra in their lives, see the things she can sometimes do and for no reason attribute this to the change start noticing she’s the same trash can as before, but with even more downtime.
Her pickrate is gonna go up a tad bit followed by a gigantic drop in winrate and pickrate.

2 Likes

Pretty much. Then either 2+ months of nothing, no bug fixes, and then we get another “She’s going to receive some buffs” and we all get to panic all over because they don’t know what they’re doing and it’s really clear now :^)

“We decided to make the weakest hero in the game weaker in some areas”

5 Likes

So far sombra has been properly balanced around two people competitively, fitzy and danteh, if sombras is ever to be competitive in the hands of the average joes, delays in abilities need to go down, from stealth to translocator travel time to accommodate high skill fast reaction competitive gameplay. Hack has already had enough work put into so it is fine for now.

1 Like

Balanced around them, but even they feel she’s being nerfed because of this :joy: Everyone loses

1 Like

A buff you don’t need can still be used

1 Like

Hehe.
In the short, she also seemed to have the movement speed of a flanker, like oh I dunno tracer/genji

Like what? Staying out of the fight longer? Have her translocstor destroyed by the enemy? Being encouraged to stay invisible to wait for those ‘perfect’ moments which are mostly few and far between? Being unable to contest while cloaked?

The only buff in these updates i can see in these updates are the fact that you can camcel your own translocator. On live you have more routes to engang. And a half-decent sombra player didnt need so much time to set up, because they know that leaving you team 5v6 for too long is a bad idea.

You forgot about the nerf that comes with it.

A buff on something that you’ve never had trouble using, in exchange for a nerf on something you use all the time.

Take out the nerf and we’ll gladly take the buff.

1 Like