Ptr sombra is incredibly fun

Not sure where the hate is coming from. I love the fact that I can infiltrate the enemy and enforce her role in espionage (“I guess there’s no chance we can do this quietly”).

35 Likes

I’m glad they’re finally giving her some identity, she’s always felt too muddled to me (always a combination of roles instead of her own thing).

5 Likes

I think the changes are well thought out. The sucky one is losing translocator to enemy destroying it as you might chuck it to escape.

5 Likes

I really do like the infinite stealth. My favorite thing to do with Sombra is capture a point/payload and wait for the other team to try and find me. And I love the hack/ammo cancel.

But that’s just my opinion.

You can’t contest in Stealth anymore.

25 Likes

The Sombra changes are made her more fun, but not more effiecent. You may like it because it’s,“fun”, but to us competitive players, she is worse in all ways possible.They also made her significantally easier to play so that’s most likely why it’s,“Fun”.

39 Likes

Forgot about that…

2 Likes

Well I’d contest that her inefficiency now actually makes her harder in respect to having an impact and winning matches. She might have an illusion of feeling easier, because you might have a few more ‘successful’ individual plays, but there aren’t many more, and there are fewer in general, she’s less involved, and therefore has less overall impact for the team.

8 Likes

But good sombras who actually contributed to their team didn’t need the infinite time to recall and infinite stealth. They’re getting buffs they don’t need, while receiving nerfs to compensate

40 Likes

Her changes accomplished nothing but made her easier to play at lower ranks.

I honestly still don’t want infinite stealth, it doesn’t help her at all.

21 Likes

I completely disagree. The loss of contesting for example is a very minor perk.

The value I see in these changes is that it will be far easier to time an EMP or hack going into the start of a fight. Having the ability to infiltrate to the far backline of an enemy team without ever giving away a sound or revealing the usage of translocator is huge. It means the enemy cannot know when you are there or even where to look because you might be on different sides of them.

This means Sombra no longer has to open up a fight with say EMP. She can wait for the 5v6 engage, then come in with an EMP while people are occupied or the decloak for the attack/hack.

The other benefit of this means that she can stay cloaked in the back of the enemy team and deliver messages on team position and location and leverage staying there until the 6v5 fight ensues giving repeated updates on position until your team has position visibility.

If any enemy tries to waste time worrying about where you are, then bonus. You are making the enemy team make a choice between two different things and that can have impacts on them.

15 Likes

You’re less involved, you’ll have fewer EMPs.

The last 4 months have shown a Hack isn’t enough impact as an initiator because players are so easy to keep up when Hacked.

EMP bot was workable because it made it harder to keep key players up. Even that wasn’t great.

14 Likes

I mean, I don’t particularly like it, but at least she’s a little bit more like how she was in her animated short!

5 Likes

The issue with the changes are that there is no use for a spy in this game because the maps are tiny and very direct and this changes don’t make he in any way stronger in fighting situations.

4 Likes

I really don’t like the speed reduction. It really ruins some of the parkour moves you can pull off.

7 Likes

What’s much worse is that one of Sombras greatest issues is her passivity and the infinity stealth will encourage people to play even more passive and therefore being more useless.

15 Likes

Let me put it this way as a sombra main why these changes don’t do anything for her viability:

‘hey devs, sombra’s biggest issue is that she spends way too much time outside of a team-fight and can’t really sustain herself in a teamfight for long before she needs to get back out of it’

Devs: ‘let’s buff every aspect of her that helps her stay out of a teamfight and nerf every single aspect of her kit including her translocator and contestability so she has virtually zero presence in a teamfight’

She cannot contest point anymore, she cannot use her translocator in a teamfight to ‘reposition herself’ behind an enemy she’s fighting because translocator gets destroyed. The buff is not a buff because none of us sombra mains ever needed more time to do what we need to do, nor did we ask for it. Instead she lost a lot of value in contesting and stalling and her presence in a teamfight. It’s a nerf.

21 Likes

I can’t wait to play her in ranked and hear my team flaming me for doing nothing …

6 Likes

How do you charge EMP?

3 Likes

Can’t wait to see her in OWL games, having her as a camera will certainly enhance the spectating experience

11 Likes