Ptr sombra is incredibly fun

I dunno, she’ll be running wide flanking routes where she won’t see the action, because of the risk of her stealth being broken, and then her TL being broken too when she does place it.

9 Likes

This reads like someone who doesn’t actually play the game.

Explain how your team is going to go 6v5 when they’re 5v6 with Sombra invisible doing squat diddly in the backline?

If she’s doing anything, she doesn’t have the element of surprise.

8 Likes

“Fun” aspect is entirely subjective. I’m glad youre having fun with the new Sombra, if i had to guess you dont play her that often. Which makes sense since her infinite durations make her easier to play.

For experienced player who never had problems with duration management its not fun to get nerfed, feeling like you run through quicksand, lose out on capabilities to use shortcut jumps and the ability to contest while invisible, or bait people with cocky translocator placements.

Being able to contribute less, while making things easier you already were able to do doesnt feel great.

4 Likes

Well if there’s anything good to take away from these changes, it’s that it will bring more new Sombra players. The only question is how long they will last.

2 Likes

Based on previous spikes in use, less than a week.

4 Likes

She has the element of surprise …. SURPRISE! It’s a 5v6! You are welcome enemy!

4 Likes

I think the coolness factor of infinite Stealth will make Sombra popular amongst new players for longer this time. Most players care more about having fun then being effective.

Eventually never winning gets to everyone.

One of the great frustrations with her, is knowing you could do better with other heroes - if you’re experienced on another hero, as players ‘new to Sombra’ would be, that call is incredibly strong.

10 Likes

It doesn’t get destroyed mid air from what I’ve heard
(I play on console so can’t confirm firsthand)

Farting around in the backline while your team needs a DPS. Yeah that sounds good.

1 Like

“OK team, they have a bastion–”
(Winston) BLAAAAAAAAAAH dead
“–a Widowmaker–”
(Pharah) “Justice rains from doh”

thanks for all that intel Sombra

3 Likes

The hate is coming from the fact that this “fun” MMO fantasy is a direct nerf to her efficiency. Some people also dislike her feeling much slower than the original Sombra, but most people complain about the nerfs, not about whether she’s fun or not to them.

2 Likes

It’s going to be a difference between QP and Comp. Comp is about efficiency and players there tend to adjust to new metas pretty quickly. QP on the other hand is more on fun.

When Mercy got nerfed and became a pain to use, it was QP players that dropped her in favor of Moira. Her pick rate maintained in Comp because you will still want to win even if she felt horrible to use.

I’m guessing that the opposite is also true to some extent. Sombras pickrate in QP atleast will go up.

Yeah, wonderful. She’s balanced because people will mess around with her in QP. :roll_eyes:

Meh, it’s just QuickPlay :sweat_smile:

So are we now balancing heroes to become the new meta in quickplay?

2 Likes

Everytime i brought up that point in the forums, on whether drastic changes in playstyle (i.e. replacing tracers blinks with reapers teleport.) would be considered a success if it raised the characters pick rate. The answer i get in the forums each time is “Yes”. So here we are.

Raising Sombras pick rate in QP where majority of the players are, without affecting the pro scene…

… going by the forums, apparently yes.

2 Likes

Actually I think pros will play her at least for trying.
Except dafran the other pros just played her so badly and expect her to be like Tracer and 76 hybrid in current live.

It doesn’t mean sombra will be fine, though. It’s just pros aren’t really that smart.

If you think about it, whenever you have a “spy” character in a game, the backstabbing and surprise attacks have an incredible amount of damage. Often taking characters out in one or two hits. If devs really want to go the route they’re going, they should give her a significant damage boost that could take a target out in one or two critical headshots, like widow. Otherwise I can’t really see how such a strong passive ability can make up for such a weak kill rate, especially as a dps.

Like, think about it with widow. She’s not technically in the fight at all, and all her other abilities have to do with her mobility. Yet, because of her high damage and kill rate potential, she is a popular character.

2 Likes

A huge dmg buff would make her op. If she had a guaranteed kill she just needed to go behind the enemy and take out the main healer and every fight on attack were instantly won … even if she died. It’s the small things that could save her … increasing her reload speed or fire rate.