PTR Hero Pool - February 4th, 2020- ENDED

D.Va, Pharah, Soldier: 76, and Lucio are removed from PTR Competitive Play. Note that there are no hero pools for live Competitive Play yet.

Learn more about hero pools:

Note, I originally reported Wrecking Ball, Genji, McCree, and Baptiste being removed. This has changed. I am guessing that 4:00 PM PDT is the rotation time for heroes (assuming they are not being rotated any faster than a day during the PTR test.

THIS ROTATION POOL HAS ENDED

Find the new pool for February 5th here:

23 Likes

Decided to move this to general… Competitive forum is a graveyard these days

22 Likes

I wonder what their methods of choosing heroes are. The first pool seemed to be the most played on live (PS4, plat-diamond ranking) from my personal observations. This one seems like… idk, least played? I would like further insight on how they choose for the commercial version of the game.

6 Likes

a day? I thought the rotation would be weekly

Thats weird, I saw Ball, Mccree, Genji, and Bap as removed.

I am assuming it’s weekly, but with it changing with minutes of going live, they may accelerate rotations on the PTR

2 Likes

It changed at 4 PM PDT

2 Likes

Why start with Soldier of all heroes? Whats next? Sombra and Bastion?

20 Likes

Oh that was fast, thankyou

Probably on the ptr they’ll do this to a lot if not all of the roster to test bugs.

2 Likes

the first hero ban list won’t be the one in in the pic am I right?

The picture shown is the current hero ban list.

2 Likes

Very unlikely it will be. That’s the PTR only for now.

Could just be the starting point was based on live, and now it’s just going off of the most played during the previous rotation.

Like, say Hanzo got banned so Ashe got played a lot more during that time. That’d put her up in the running to get banned the following time. Meanwhile, Hanzo technically had a 0% pickrate so he would be able to get a free week, guaranteed.

Is there anything in game which will tell you which hero’s are banned before you que up for Comp? I really hope this isn’t another thing you’d have to check out side sources just to know. Like say the Map pool is not listed any where in game.

Yes if you click on competitive play a prompt will come up before you can even select a role identifying heroes that are not available. there’s also a clickable button above the role selection screen and information in the competitive play card.

5 Likes

it’s about time they addressed the totally broken and oppressive d.va+soldier+pharah+lucio comp
that was a thing, right?

11 Likes

Pharah is cancerous on some maps and soldier… is played by tr9lls lol

For the purpose of PTR, there’s probably not a lot of intent behind the hero selection. It could even be on an automated hourly randomization or something just to vary it.

1 Like

Well I can confirm it is not hourly, the current hero rotation is still running and it is now past 5 PM PDT.

2 Likes