PTR Hero Pool - February 5th, 2020 - Sigma, Ashe, Symmetra, Mercy

It looks like we have another hero pool rotation on the PTR which means they are rotating them daily. Today its Sigma, Ashe, Symmetra, and Mercy! Maybe they are tired of me spawn trapping the attack spawn with turrets.

How will this affect your strategy on the PTR? Let me know in the comments below!

11 Likes

No Mashe? Maybe Widow will finally be viable this week. Thank you hero pools. And no oppressive Sym either. Nice.

10 Likes

Closer to the REAL test. The day of Reinhardt being banned draws near. Then we’ll see if hero pools works or not.

6 Likes

Why I am I not surprised Sym is banned.

21 Likes

I will try to make sure I am ready to check each day at 4 PM PDT since it seems that is when they are rotating heroes.

3 Likes

It’s PTR and the bans seem random right now?

7 Likes

All heroes get a ban. ???

3 Likes

Honestly doesn’t make a difference anyway with how little she’s played lmfao.

1 Like

I play 3 of those 4 heroes. Feels bad.

2 Likes

“Overwatch but devs restricting you for some reason”

4 Likes

Trash feature that brings nothing of value outside of owl.

17 Likes

I can already hear the angry sim/mercy mob.

2 Likes

Hero Pool seems like another excuse to not balance the game properly. Now that they will just remove heroes at a whim, they will be less inclined to balance now than ever before. I feel like they are doing everything but the obvious, sensible thing to do here.

4 Likes

Jeff literally said a few days ago that they will patch more often and more aggressively.

4 Likes

And they’ve said that before. And balance got slower!! Sorry if I can’t take someone at their word who couldn’t deliver on it in the past.

3 Likes

And when exactly did they say that?

Also, they’re already fulfiling their promise. The last couple of patches were both pretty close to each other, didn’t stay on ptr nearly as long as they usually do and they were noticeably more aggressive than usual.

4 Likes

I’m so sure you feel that way. I’m waiting until they are consistent and it isn’t just a good week. I’ll believe it when I see it.

What? They banned Ashe?

…I am sad…till I realized it’s PTR :smiley:

remember, this will only effect ranked, you ashe heart cna play her as much as you want in any other mode

PTR daily rotations are not live hero bans. They’re probably just testing all the heroes out on the list to make sure there’s no errors.