PTR Ana Question!

Why does Ana have to need a Lucio or a Brigitte when no other hero needs a whole other player to be picked (possibly by a random player) to make Ana ok? Why does Ana granny need a baby sitter. Obviously her winrate shows it. At least let her use high ground so she can use that “very long range” which all the high mobility heroes can close the distance on. If Ana is the only long range support why would the only other support have to baby sit her when shes at that far range. Lucio needs to be next to his team and brigitte too. It makes no sense other than on paper. She can sit with snipers if she could get high ground and would have some back up but she cant even get high ground and this long range advantage is already ruined by barriers, shields and matrix. Please.

12 Likes

That might be a little too over the top(though I confess I like the idea). I just have a problem with saying they want to emphasize a character’s strengths and literally none of her strengths have been buffed.

Clip size and going through targets are literally just QOL changes to put her on a basic standard that none of the other healers have to deal with.

1 Like

This is actually only going to hurt Ana. She is now the only healer who can’t pocket allies. That Genji you just nano boosted, good luck keeping him up because he was focused while he was full hp, so your heal over time bullet passed through him and couldn’t negate some of the damage right away.

Ana’s average healing in every elo is between Zen and Lucio, effectively putting her in off healer status, a place she has no chance in because Zen and Lucio’s defensive ults will always outclass her. Give Ana back 100% bionade healing or risk giving her faster reload/rate of fire. Either of these will bring her average back up to a main healer option.

6 Likes

Not really, if she is hitting enemies, it means she is not healing her team.

1 Like

Yeah what you said is spot on that change would feel like a direct nerf and just wait till symmetra’s new ultimate is out, goodbye ana😢

3 Likes

Now that I have played Ana in PTR, I can safely so I do not like this healing change.

The Ana healing change is overall a mixed bag, but I don’t like it. Anyone can tell it’s both a buff and a nerf, but I think the nerf is understated.

The nerf to prehealing is only minor upon first thought. So you gotta react, ok, around 0.2s (reaction time) healing lost.

But it’s much worse. You heal someone hurt who is already hurt and generally receiving enemy fire. Ok, so you shoot them again naturally. But your second shot is the very moment they are full health so it misses, and then an instant later they take damage. But you need to wait 0.8s for the 3rd shot to begin healing again. In the old system they’d have continuous healing. Now, it is interrupted.

Playing PTR, I have experienced this. It is not fun. It is not desirable. I would roll back this change. Or add a second ammo option (“2” on PC) to swap to darts that ignore full health so I can choose on the fly (it does have its uses, but the negatives are too much).

20 Likes

Antiheal is basically the strongest status in the game. Right now it’s only tempered by having to land the grenade and the grenade being so necessary for Ana and her own team.

Having antiheal on her nade and her shots means you could keep large targets from receiving critical heals extremely easily. It would just raise her up just to get her lowered back down again.

I’d rather them just emphasize her current strengths like they said. +1s to antiheal time, lower cooldown sleep dart, 75-80 damage or a self healing passive are the types of things they should be looking at.

Imagine how players will actually play her then. She already 3 shots 200 HP players, don’t need her dealing more damage. I get you want her to two shot Tracers but if Tracer is the only threat, why should she? That doesn’t follow the philosophy the dev espoused.

I agree that she needs to deal at least 75 damage for multiple reasons. Her damage is the only DoT aside from Widow’s Venom Mine and can be Recalled to prevent Tracer’s death and cleanse the anti-heal giving her better survival ability than any of the other 200HP heros.

She’s also using the same ammo resource for both damage and heals so it should have consistent value for both. If you have to defend yourself you’re not healing your team and this lowers your overall healing because it’s using up your ammo.

Also her damage is reduced by 20 from armor because it’s dealt in 4 segments, currently she only deals 50 damage to armor and flankers now have access to ranged armor with Brigitte.

This is amazing. Omg.

Yes but the only reason it could possibly be 70 instead of 75 is because of tracer reinhardt does 75, i do disagree with 80 damage though

Edit: for a clearer message ana should not be buffed just because tracer but ana shouldn’t be balanced around tracer ether why do you think her damage is 70 when reinhardt’s is 75 and ask yourself this what targets does tracer have an advantage over the answer is healers

1 Like

They could make shots passing through full health targets a toggle in the character settings for Ana. That way both play styles can be represented based on your play style, the team comp you’re working with, and the types of engagements/positioning you play with.

1 Like

I don’t have to imagine. I played when she had 80 damage before. If Ana is doing damage she’s not healing. Even when Ana had her super grenade and it was super easy to top people up you couldn’t spend most of your time doing dps.

Also the way her shot works with multiple ticks of damage also means that in general she is screwed over by armor(which is the basis of the current meta). So we go from a dive meta that is not friendly to Ana to a Brigitte deathball armor meta that is still unfriendly to Ana.

The devs have to decide whether they actually want her to be competitive or not because right now she doesn’t have the healing capability of a main healer, she has less damage and elim capability than Moira, she has no mobility, no proper form of self regen and she needs precision aiming to perform all of her roles.

This along with her main strength(antiheal) being neutered by needing the grenade to save yourself from chip damage in a lot of situations adds up to a bad character. I don’t even care if Ana is ever the top healer again, I do want her to have a baseline level of power compared to the other healers. Why would I ever want to play Ana when it’s harder for her to heal and all of the other main healers heal way more, are more survivable and don’t have the technical issue that Ana does?

11 Likes

A recurring theme that I’ve noticed in this post is that people don’t like how Ana can’t self heal without using her Biotic Grenade. Now, at first I thought this was just needless complaining, and I still do. BUT, it gave me an idea that could fix it that isn’t that “heal self when healing ally” thing. Maybe she should give herself some sort of shot or something when you hold the reload key. It would take a few seconds to actually heal herself, but it allows her to stay put and not use her Biotic Grenade on herself.

1 Like

How does this apply to a hero like Reinhardt? Especially since he has so many weakness (e.g. lack of range, lack of mobility, lack of self sustain, lack of ability to contest the high ground, inability to protect and damage at the same time, etc.). Does the team feel his strengths outweigh all of his weaknesses? Is there even a consensus on things like this within the team?

1 Like

This is actually a pretty big oversite that I didn’t think about, this makes her single target focused healing much more clunky and and very unsatisfying…

4 Likes

It’s weird that you list this as an advantage, as virtually no one plays her like this, and it’s not practical for her to stay at sniper range trying to heal her team. Even when I watch OWL the Ana is in a tight group formation, purely for the sake of deploying her biotic grenade on enemies or her team or both at once. I’d seriously suggest considering whether Ana’s grenade should be her defining feature when sniping to heal makes her the obvious weak link in every support chain.

18 Likes

I disagree. Numbani def first point and hamamura def point B are spots where Ana could exceed much more efficiently than other maps.

1 Like

Getting to high ground positioning of some kind will always be desired by us. There’s simply so much utility to the hero to be gained by it. I cannot overstate how much a lot of us want that ability.

4 Likes

This sounds like a great place to start with balancing her. Glad it is finally being addressed.
Would still like a slight reduction on sleep darts cool down however, at least that’s my opinion on what could balance her. Either that, or a small clamber ability to get up to medium sized ledges, like a slower and smaller Hanzo wall climb.

But it’s a good start.