Psa to Playstations users

We can finally change our names, only took like 10 years

Guide:
On PS4, navigate through Settings > Account Management > Account Information > Profile > Online ID then enter your chosen Online ID and follow the prompts to confirm availability and make the change

6 Likes

I would like to point out that changing your PSN ID should have no influence on your Overwatch Account, but you may need to unlink and relink your PSN account to your Blizzard account for the changes to reflect on things like your profile page on PlayOverwatch.com. I will point out that changing your PSN ID is reported to cause issues with features in other games however.

5 Likes

Doing a slight bump, there was a small percentage of users who may have seen some negative effects if they changed their PSN username. The Overwatch Team has gone through and correct most of these accounts now. If however anyone is still having problems, be sure to report in this thread:

Probably due to this, the european ps network has been having loads of problems. Had to sign in multiple times to get in, got thrown out of a comp game, took 3 tries to reconnect even tho my internet was working flawlessly, eventually made it back to the game and helped win it but got a 50sr penalty because of that, and at this precise moment the game isnt letting me sign in - had a queue of 30 before me, went to 0 but still refuses to login.

I don’t mind the waiting, but the 50sr penalty sucked big time - it wasnt my fault that the servers are acting up, and now I dropped rank even tho I won the game.

Actually based on your description, I feel that the PSN name change problems is not the cause of your problems. But more or less connection issues.

What I mean is that I started having these connection issues right after the name change went online yesterday. Servers not letting you log in, and servers throwing you out of games. My internet is fine, I have my IPad next to me so I can hook it up to the Wi-Fi and see that everything works.
It’s the PSN servers that are acting up.

As we speak, I’ve been trying to log in for 15 minutes, and it’s giving me a LOGIN ERROR

I played a few games on another account before switching to this one, but when I switched to this one all I get is queues to get into the game (only ever happens after a patch or when PSN is not working properly) and login errors.

I do have a feeling that it is related to the name change thing, as people are logging into and out of accounts and changing names, maybe the network is under more stress than normal.

The problem is not on my end. All other internet appliances work fine. My kid has been playing on his laptop all night, with zero problems.

Who is your Internet Service Provider? If COX, then you have a seperate issue which is being investigated. Also note, all PS4 users (including those in North Amercia) may be experiencing disconnections or failures to login due to issues in Europe’s authentication servers within the last half-hour.

I’m In Europe.

We’ve been having these problems since yesterday. Or at least I have.

When the name change went online I couldn’t even log in to my PS account for a while to make any changes.

Took me a good half an hour to get to edit my own account profile, and when I finally got through, OW worked fine for two games and then threw me out.

Okay please hold off for now as there is outstanding issues in your region:

1 Like

huh, I’m in England, I didn’t have any issues :man_shrugging:

They may occur or not. I was playing for an hour on another account with no problems, then when I switched accounts it took me almost 30min to log back in with another account.

It varies location to location, right now a majority of EU players are affected…

I’m going to name myself something sooo ghetto, I’m so childish😂